Thread: Looking at small flashed of light ?

Looking at small flashed of light ?

Hello all

I started my spiritual discovery and path through Wicca some months ago, while I have felt that I have good intuition and "feel" things other could not, for a long time before. I guess back then I was just denying what I could feel or sense and just said I had a good intuition with situations, people etc.

Anyhow, since I started to read, learn and practice more spiritually, I have been feeling that these skills are also increasing.

I think I just received today some sort of message. I have been in a situation were decisions needed to be made. I was confused and my practical mind has been telling me to give up the spiritual path as well. I find myself thinking often that I might be going crazy for believing in energy, chackras, Wicca, and a long etc.

Well I was very calm rocking my baby girl to sleep, and while I do that I tend to think and meditate a lot. I just let my mind fly and it is quiet and cozy so perfect for meditation.

I started feeling as if someone was talking in my mind. Whatever that was, he ( I think it was a he ) was very confident and sounded extremely assertive. He explained to me in general about my background, how I should not worry, and even told me some things that would come in time that I needed to allow flowing ( mostly in the spiritual learning path ). I was able to pose questions and most of my questions were of disbelief or fear of be loosing my mind. He said : you know you are not loosing your mind, you know you are not sick. You know that very well. Kept questionning and he said : you come from a Catholic background, so why nobody thinks Mary was crazy when she received a visit from an angel ? unfortunately, nowadays, it that should happen to someone, they will immediately accuse her to be crazy. What changed ?

I got goosebumps at that point. The communication vanished slowly and I put my baby on her bed and left the room. Took a book to read and I noticed something I had noticed before ( but until recently, since I started reading more about spirituality ) like little fashing points, like tiny flies of a bright color, flying around me. They were quick. But this time I was able to see it clearly, a dot of yellow-orange light flying around my left side. Moving like insects fly then dissapeared.

I swear this has not happened to me before and I have no issues with my eyes. I googled this later and found this :

"Seeing small flashes of twinkling light in one’s visual field is often discussed in spiritual circles as evidence of angelic presence with the person seeing them."

I am not ruling our something else not related with angelic or spiritual presence, what makes me wonder, is why this happened right after I felt this very strong message in my head.

So really, not sure if I should get checked. I am not on meds or anything and I think I am healthy.

Any feedback ??

BB
    Firefly.

Any feedback from other more experienced members ?

After posting I was thinking that probably these sort of posts might sound worrisome. I mean, quite a lot of people have attributed to "God´s communication" or "Angels speaking" many things that involve violence, brutality and insanity.

No wonder why guys like Bill Maher or other atheist then consider religion to be a dangerous thing.

In my case, trust me I am "supposedly" normal ( cause... what is really normal ? ) and the message I got was not about killing someone or putting a bomb somewhere. It was more about strenght and patience than anything else.

Anyhow I can understand how someone saying they received a message can ring a bell relating this to insanity.

Just wanted to know if what happen to me has happened to others.....

BB
    Firefly.

From my perspective it is a somewhat difficult thing to answer. I know from my experiences that the further one delves into Occult / spiritual matters the more those things move back at them. In many ways I think it is like magnetics where one force reacts and pulls another to it because of that reaction. Ones mind becoming like said magnetic and generating that vibration which in turn attracts things on that vibration frequency to them.

For many people its something good or pleasant that is attracted, yet not always. I suppose in some ways its like white noise messages, the majority are usually good but there is also a percentage that speaks of death, destruction and causing harm against humanity.

I've heard of people who claim its their higher mind that they see as the sparkles and dancing lights. Is it possible? Perhaps, some claim that ones higher self is outside the physical confines of the body and is actually located above and about the head and shoulders.

Any skill set maybe natural or learned. Regardless though if it is practices and utilized it will get better or ones usage of it will improve and become stronger. In many ways spirituality is a skill set that is learned and natural. Especailly inthe sense that the learned part is what is passed via books, discussions, etc while the natural part is the results of the "Mystery" or "Mystical" facet of things and how we relate or learn from them.

I've had a very similar experience, where I can was meditating on a Biblical passage and Jesus very clearly said to me that I wouldn't be having a doubts if I didn't believe in it in the first place.

I've also seen those lights in my field of vision. God is always with us.

"perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave." Rilke.

I've been seeing a list (I'm not joking, the list I take with my to the DR explaining them fills over a page) of visual disturbances for about 6 years now. They are continual, in some form or another. And daily. In darkness and light, rain or shine. I'm seeing some right now. Ugh. Total PITA at times. I've been to eye DRs and they said my eyes were healthy (apart from being near-sighted). I saw a neurologist and had a 24 hour EEG as well as a MRI done. Things came back normal. Even so, my neurologist says I'm having simple partial seizures (you can have epilepsy and have a normal EEG). That's the only explanation I have at the moment. I'm thinking it might be more of an eye disease than anything else, though, due to the frequency and duration of them.

I've talked about this on MW before, often when people mention seeing flashes or sparks of light. That's one of my many visual disturbances, glittering dancing flecks of light and such -- medically they're actually listed as "undefined visual hallucinations" and they're known as elementary hallucinations (elementary meaning they're not of anything formed or known, like a flower or cat or whatever).

Seeing flashes of light can be normal. They are called "flashes" and sometimes people get them with blood pressure issues or something like that. Also, if you look into the blue sky, you'll see tiny flecks of light or moving specks -- that's normal. It's "Blue Field Vision." Just Google that for more info.

They can also be a sign of vitreous tears in your eye. And possible retinal detachment. They could also be linked to migraine auras (which you can have without pain). Or like me, simple partial seizures. These types of seizures are ones that you stay aware, concious and don't convulse. If the focus is in the occipital lobe, the symptoms will be visual.

If seeing a few specks of light means once is visited by angels, they must love me. I mean, I see these hallucinations so much (often with 2-3 types at the same time)...if it is angels/gods/faeries/etc, they're really harassing me. I don't think it's anything spiritual, though. Just a messed-up eye/brain system. For all I know in a few years the eye DR will find signs of some macular or retinal degeneration. Heh.

Anyway, if you'd like more info on eye issues or simple partial seizures let me know. I know of many sources from my research over the years.

And if you start seeing flashes of light or other visual disturbances along with other issues like migraines or blurry vision or things like that, please think about seeing a DR to make sure it's nothing medical.

Last edited by Agaliha; October 30th, 2012 at 10:35 PM.