Thread: Stones for Christians

Stones for Christians

ok I will start this off. feel free to add stuff to it.

ok we will start off with the 12 stones of the breastplate of Aaron. there is a reason i am placing it in here as you shall see.

the first row for the stones are Ruby or sardius, a topaz and a carbuncle. Sardius is usually a carnelian. Carbuncle usually means a red stone. Each use originates from the Vulgate's Latin translation of the Septuagint's Greek term "Anthrax" - meaning "coal", in reference to the color of burning coal. so a carbuncle be a ruby or a garnet.

the second row is usually an emerald or chrysoprasus ,sapphire and white diamond. the first one in this row is in debate on who you talk to. and what chrysoprasus as well. as it can be an emerald,ruby, a black stone or a blue stone with red tinge to it.

the third row is Jacnith or cyanus, agate and amethyst. Jacinth is usually a red zircon. cyanus is usually called lingue. and still others as lazule or lapis lazuli. the agate might be of a blue , purple or even a gray variety.

the last row is beryl or tarshish,onyx and jasper. for simplicity purposes i will state the type of beryl would be an aquamarine. the onyx here would be more likely honey onyx instead of the more common black ones seen. or even an onyx marble. the jasper would be a green jasper or even bloodstone.

The stones of the Christ of Revelation are supposed to be Sardius and jasper.

the amethyst was usually used in the higher ranks of the Christian church and was known as the "Bishop's stone" or "Pope's stone"

the bloodstone/heliotrope is said to be the when Christ was crucified his blood bled on green jasper at his feet and permantly stained it. it was a stone connected with flagellation and matyrdom. hence it was known as the matyrs stone.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I don't think many will add because this is a pagan site. However this would be a good way to get my sister out shopping with me! She is heavily into Christ so now we will have something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticElement View Post
    I don't think many will add because this is a pagan site. However this would be a good way to get my sister out shopping with me! She is heavily into Christ so now we will have something to talk about.
    this is actually a Spiritual site not a pagan one. and if any it would be Thelemite and non-Theistic Satanic. it's just most people that post here are pagan. and you have some Christians in here who post.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

LD as always, you've compiled a thorough and informative list. I'll see if I can find any of those stones during my next run to the local pagan shop. Thanks.
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

Staurolite crystals should be easy to find in any good size rock shop. Also known as "fairy crosses" they form as twin crystals that interpenetrate at 90 or 60 degrees, forming a cross (or cross of St. Andrew like on the flag of Scotland.) Legend has it that they formed from the tears of faries who learned about the Crucifixion.