Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broken Broomsticks; Overcoming Personal Tragedy Within The Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Sullivan View Post
    While I thank you all for your opinions on the title and the subject - the point of this thread was to hear your stories.
    The thing is my stories would have nothing to do with Broomsticks or Besoms or Wicca. Nor would I trully want to contribute to a book of stories that appears to be marketed to Neo-Wiccan's by its title. To me that would simply classify my beliefs and experiences beneath that same heading which I do not claim. Factor in that I do not think the gods / goddesses save us or that the "Craft" enables us to survive but that it is all part of our own desire and determination to succeed.

My pathwalk is my life as such it is the totality of it all not just a single facet of some aspect that enables me to survive. In my experience the "Craft" no more saves us or enables us than it causes us pain and hardship during the Dark Night of the Soul periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Sullivan View Post
    While I thank you all for your opinions on the title and the subject - the point of this thread was to hear your stories.
    And this is where I reply that I'd be too worried that our stories would show up in whatever you're writing, without permission, possibly even under your own name as your own experiences. We'd certainly get no credit. We're people on the internet, faceless and unbecoming.

When people who are "writing a book" ask anonymous folks for information regarding their own work, the above is what I see. It appears to me that you're looking for an easy way to fill some chapters.

Fffffffff, is what I say.
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

I applaud you all for your caution about what you post on the internet. I don't see that much, anymore.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

is offline Alas... Meatball doesn't work that way!
    my wife and i were together for 27 years, 24 married. for our ninth wedding anniversary we decided to get handfasted (our first wedding being generally agnostic), and jumping the broom was a very prominant part of that ceremony. we both identified as Wiccan at that time.
    3 months ago my beautiful wife committed suicide at the age of 45.
    broom broken, along with nearly everything else in life.

i believe the broom is a very definite part of various pagan paths. not only the Wicca significance of representing the hearth and home, but in ancient paths as well. sweepings were often used in rituals and magic in ancient Greek times, representing a purefication.

i don't dismiss the broom's relevence.
    some people are like slinkies -
    not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when they are pushed downs the stairs.

True enlightenment comes from discovering principles which challenge your spiritual view, not from inventing principles to confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theres View Post
    my wife and i were together for 27 years, 24 married. for our ninth wedding anniversary we decided to get handfasted (our first wedding being generally agnostic), and jumping the broom was a very prominant part of that ceremony. we both identified as Wiccan at that time.
    3 months ago my beautiful wife committed suicide at the age of 45.
    broom broken, along with nearly everything else in life.

i believe the broom is a very definite part of various pagan paths. not only the Wicca significance of representing the hearth and home, but in ancient paths as well. sweepings were often used in rituals and magic in ancient Greek times, representing a purefication.

i don't dismiss the broom's relevence.
    Sorry to hear about your wife.

With regards to the broom and Greek times would you say the broom was only an instrument that enabled the action to take place? The offerings to Hecate / Hekate and the cleansing and purification of the home seems to be a right action and though more so than just the usage of a broom. Sort of a means to an end where the item used is of little to no importance compared to the action and final result.

is offline Alas... Meatball doesn't work that way!
    correct. it is just a tool. but try sweeping without one.

the tool itself is relevent. just look at the 'trial of the blade' in Athenian sacrifice.

and thank you.
    some people are like slinkies -
    not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when they are pushed downs the stairs.

True enlightenment comes from discovering principles which challenge your spiritual view, not from inventing principles to confirm it.

Theres, thank you for responding - it is so good to see you! I am very sorry for your loss, I had no idea.

To everyone else: I understand your caution and see your point. One can never be too careful.
    www.angrywitch.com

In memory of Flar7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2