Thread: Cleansing a New Space

Cleansing a New Space

I'm 23 and just bought my first house!!! Hooray for LOW interest rates

I am looking for a way to cleanse my new home...it was foreclosed on, so I'm SURE there is a good amount of negative energy lodged in here. I know smudging is a common practice, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Something you've tried that worked well for you??

The most important consideration is what you are familiar with and comfortable using.

Myself I like to run the four elements through the structure. Make sure you leave a door open so that when your one you can run all those now dirty energies out and ground it.
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

Ritually sweep out all the rooms, starting upstairs and ending with the main entrance. Take a corn broom and make a sweeping motion through every doorway, picturing how the bad energy is being swept away. Do this to every room, saving the front door for last. When you're done, take a little salt, bless it, and scatter it across the threshold and out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    Ritually sweep out all the rooms, starting upstairs and ending with the main entrance. Take a corn broom and make a sweeping motion through every doorway, picturing how the bad energy is being swept away. Do this to every room, saving the front door for last. When you're done, take a little salt, bless it, and scatter it across the threshold and out the door.
    Note: some believe that sweeping through the front door sweeps the house free of any residual house luck. If you are wary of the same, try sweeping towards the hearth instead.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; August 28th, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

I always sweep from doors to the center of the room to keep luck in the house. If it's your first house and it's been foreclosed on you want to keep the luck still there. Put some salt in the water you are cleaning with. Smudge with White Sage or Mugwort. Iron above the doors and windows keeps bad stuff out. If nothing else announce in loud voice you are now the owner and want all negative forces to leave. Do you honor the wights? Land and house start leaving a weekly offering of beer and bread.