Thread: Calling upon deceased witches.

Calling upon deceased witches.

Tossing an idea (a very premature idea) in my mind about calling upon deceased witches to come through from the astral planes and help guide me. However many that want to come through, whether they're related or not. OR, is that just making things difficult? Would it be easier to just ask for the Divine/Higher Self/God(s)/Elementals (or w/e it is you believe in personally) to come through. Essentially (IMO) they're both the same, but the energy of it may be different. Not sure if I'm making sense, but if I am... WDYT?

In the mythos of my own path, deceased magic users were generally protected against, unless you had known them, or knew them to be in line with the ideals of your own practice. Just as with anything, don't call forth what you can't put back down. You may invite deceased magic users into your circle, but how will you protect against those with ill intent? If you end up attracting the spirit of one who was abusive/manipulative/controlling, are you going to be capable of kicking them back out?
    Check out my shop for a variety of jewelry, salves, crafts, and more: www.divineessencecreations.com

Find me on Facebook for updates, coupons, and discussions on products that you want to see: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divine...85628011493663

Quote Originally Posted by RoseKitten View Post
    In the mythos of my own path, deceased magic users were generally protected against, unless you had known them, or knew them to be in line with the ideals of your own practice. Just as with anything, don't call forth what you can't put back down. You may invite deceased magic users into your circle, but how will you protect against those with ill intent? If you end up attracting the spirit of one who was abusive/manipulative/controlling, are you going to be capable of kicking them back out?
    Good point! It gave me some pointers in how I should explain better LOL! My line of thinking, ok, for example, lets say I wanted to do some spells/affirmations for helping me meditate. I would want to do something along the lines of (b/c again, not fully thought out yet, just an idea forming still) of asking if there are any witches in the other planes who would like to assist me with this specific task. Whenever I do any spell/affirmation, it's always with a strong feeling of love and happiness. Everything I do, it's with good emotions tied to everything. So, I wouldn't really be demanding deceased witches to "hey come here YOU and help me with this now, I command it, I did a spell, now answer me" (that just doesn't seem very nice lol), it would be moreso asking for like-minded assistance.

I wonder if it's possible to do that?

In theory it's possible, but the same problems would still come up. Think of it this way- someone that you may call out to, possibly having had an entire life dedicated to the use of magic, might decide that your little invite is all they need to burst into your bubble and do as they wish. I know enough witch's that are still living who take any opportunity they can to get inside someone's shields/head, but at least I currently have the option of punching them in the face when they try. Gets a bit more complicated and difficult if they are no longer in physical form.
    Check out my shop for a variety of jewelry, salves, crafts, and more: www.divineessencecreations.com

Find me on Facebook for updates, coupons, and discussions on products that you want to see: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divine...85628011493663

Thank you for your input!

I'm curious why you'd want to call upon an earth bound spirit to assist you? If the spirit is housed in the astral / etheral then your probably dealing with an uncrossed spirit body which is probably not the best source to call upon as it means its earthly hungers are still present. If it's a projection then it's still tied to its earthly body and ethics, which again can cause problems. None of that even touching upon the free roamers that hang in the border regions and try to pass themselves off as what ever thing is requested or called upon.

Granted I follow more of a Greek world view of daemons and such so I acknowledge their are intermederies that are dispatched by Hecate / Hekate to bring guidance and such. Yet those are more semi-divine and stand in a place that puts them beneath divintiy yet higher than humanity in the cosmic placements. Yet not to be confused with the concept of demons as espoused by Christanity.

Realistically none of that even touching upon the cart blanche invitation your presenting in asking anything that matches your request to come visit you. Nor does it really take into account no matter how nice you ask and how lovely you think things are what answers the call is seldom going to be what your asking for as good and bad, positive and negative are human constructs not universal constructs. Nor does it touch upon the egrogores that have been created by human minds that are nearly self-aware and also function for thier own ends yet pass themselves off as somethign else.

Sort of the notion you turn on the water spicket and say I only want evian water to come through and nothing else though the source is your local resevour that holds everything that has run into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Sacred*~ View Post
    Good point! It gave me some pointers in how I should explain better LOL! My line of thinking, ok, for example, lets say I wanted to do some spells/affirmations for helping me meditate. I would want to do something along the lines of (b/c again, not fully thought out yet, just an idea forming still) of asking if there are any witches in the other planes who would like to assist me with this specific task. Whenever I do any spell/affirmation, it's always with a strong feeling of love and happiness. Everything I do, it's with good emotions tied to everything. So, I wouldn't really be demanding deceased witches to "hey come here YOU and help me with this now, I command it, I did a spell, now answer me" (that just doesn't seem very nice lol), it would be moreso asking for like-minded assistance.

I wonder if it's possible to do that?
    Something else to ponder is that when one access the various plains of realility your mind can access the known plains yet you also have the ability to construct alternate plains of realility. To some that creates the potential of dimensional plains of realility or parallel plains of realility. As a shamanic practitioner I travel the dimensions of Upper World or celestial plains, lower world or chthonic plains and of course middle which holds the astral / etheral , etc plains of realility. Then again it can also hold the physical realility of the dimensional world upon which we live. Then factor in the psuedo plains such as those created in the mind of some author and given face and form by the readers and you have yet other places, figure the Lord of the Rings and Middle Earth, it took a major jump a few years ago with those movies and the anticipation of the Hobbit movies being made. Read the book and your there in your mind type scenario.

Realistically none of that taking into consideration the notion of time and it being linear or all present at once. Myself I tend to see it as something in between considering I have periods of revelation where the past and future is revealed via prophetic visisons and dreams. Well the future prophetic as the past I never know if its real or simply what might have happened. Since that allows for what might be, what could be and what will be and potentially what can not be any spell or incantations are not restricted to the here and now. Nor are the ethics and personalitiles I encountered placed in the same limitations or plains of realility.

Think about it, GHengis Khann is reputed to have given one of his wives a loving feast and joyful wedding. The highlight of said feast was the roasting of a number of prisoners over open fire pits and boiling alive in a cauldron. That to was a deep feeling of love and happiness to them, its all perspective to the observor.
    Last edited by monsnoleedra; October 12th, 2012 at 07:26 PM.

I see, thanks for your input MonSno Some things to ponder for certain!