Thread: Bindrune to heal an infection

Bindrune to heal an infection

I am currently working on creating a bindrune for a specific purpose. In this case that purpose is to aid in healing an open, infected wound on my ankle.

Now, before we get into people straying of topic with medical advice, let me say the wound is being treated medically. My intention is to apply the bindrune to the dressing with the antibiotic that my doctor has prescribed.

Now what I am curious about is what runes everyone would use for this? How would you go about constructing the bindrune? How else might you apply the rune? Any other input?

So far I have started with the obvious Berkana for healing, and Uruz for vitality, and I am considering Thurisaz for it's energetic and transformative properties to expel the infection.

What do you think, is there a better rune than Thurisaz to drive out or purify?

If the wound is infected, then vitality is not the problem. There's too much "life" in the wound already, in the form of the infecting bacteria. Since the dressing is to protect the wound, I would use elhaz as a base to reinforce this, with kenaz for regeneration and renewal, and tiwaz for a successful outcome. Thurisaz can be shifted to its "destroys hostile forces" aspect, but I would drop Uruz. Keep Berkana. It's another protective rune.

Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    If the wound is infected, then vitality is not the problem. There's too much "life" in the wound already, in the form of the infecting bacteria. Since the dressing is to protect the wound, I would use elhaz as a base to reinforce this, with kenaz for regeneration and renewal, and tiwaz for a successful outcome. Thurisaz can be shifted to its "destroys hostile forces" aspect, but I would drop Uruz. Keep Berkana. It's another protective rune.
    Thanks, you've definately given me a few good thoughts. I think you're right about Uruz, and Tiwaz and Algiz (Elhaz). I don't agree with Kenaz.. too much 'fire'in there as well already and to me Berkana is all about regeneration and renewal.

So what that leaves me with is Algiz(Elhaz), Tiwaz, Thurisaz, and Berkana. Four runes is plenty complex enough for this I think.

Thank you so much for the input, it has helped. It definitely made me analyze my logic, which was the point.

If anyone else has input feel free to chime in, I have to change the dressing every 24 hours, sometimes more, so the rune is getting reapplied regularly. If better ideas come along I can and will incorporate them.

Norse magic likes odd numbers, so I would choose three different runes per application. You can use different ones as the healing progresses, though, ie. thurisaz to clear the infection to start, and replacing it with tiwaz in a later application to finish it off. Remember bindrunes should ideally be symmetrical and palindromic. Fortunately, orientation and mirror imaging don't matter in rune magic.