Thread: Forum software upgrade

Exclamation Forum software upgrade

I am about to perform a software upgrade for vbulletin. Downtime should be minimal.
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

Ok. All done for now. Still working on a few things, so some of the plugins are currently disabled.
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

Not sure if this is intended or not, but when you go to the site, the Activity Stream is the first thing showing and you're taken automatically to: http://mysticwicks.com/activity.php -- it also makes the forum title "Activity Stream" on browser tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    Not sure if this is intended or not, but when you go to the site, the Activity Stream is the first thing showing and you're taken automatically to: http://mysticwicks.com/activity.php -- it also makes the forum title "Activity Stream" on browser tabs.
    seems easier to navigate to me. also it looks like it was intended as when you go a google search for MW. the link there leads you to the activity section.

blog section needs skins.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Not necessarily (about it being intended), that was just the latest indexing from Google. It would have indexed things as it is now regardless of intention or not. Google and other search engines index things often and when there is a site change/upgrade.

I think it needs a bit more work, if that's how things are going to be. For example, the forum shouldn't be called "Activity Stream - Mysticwicks..." as all you can really see in a tab or if bookmarked is the Activity Stream, not the forum name.

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    Not necessarily (about it being intended), that was just the latest indexing from Google. It would have indexed things as it is now regardless of intention or not. Google and other search engines index things often and when there is a site change/upgrade.
    oh ok.

I think it needs a bit more work, if that's how things are going to be. For example, the forum shouldn't be called "Activity Stream - Mysticwicks..." as all you can really see in a tab or if bookmarked is the Activity Stream, not the forum name.
    i agree it needs more work.

Edit:Mol did say there was more work to be done.
    Last edited by lightdragon; December 5th, 2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: forgot to add something.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.