Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Path

Smile Your Path

So since we've all just reconnected after 3-5 years, I am sure some of us our still searching for a path, some have grown in their path, and some have branched out to others -

What is your current Pagan path?

I myself am on a weird duel reconstructionist path that I sort of combined. I follow both Irish Gaelic Polytheism and Asatru. Even though both are reconstructionist in nature, and it may seem odd I follow two cultures, it actually sort of works! In fact, the Irish and Norse historically met, exchanged ideas and have shared each other's cultures. Overall, they have similar ways and cultural traditions.

I worship each culture's holidays and Deities separately, of course, with culturally and historically appropriate rituals.

In the Irish pantheon, I honor The Morrighan, Brighid, and Manannan Mac Lir. In the Norse pantheon, I honor Odin, Frigga, Freya, Skadi, Heimdal, Hel and Thor. I also make sure I honor my ancestors (my personal, and the dead overall). I also love going to the Ocean and collecting shells. I love the energy the Ocean and Sea exude.

M

Oh goodness... If I recall, last I was online, I was coming to my devotions with Hekate.

Since then, that's gotten more structured and intense. I'm a member of the Covenant of Hekate now, and operate a Sanctuary (a temple space for those who wish to practice with Hekate in my area.) The CoH doesn't require any specific tradition, and I've generally been Hellenic in orientation. But last month, I returned to my roots with book Wicca (nothing but eclectic covens in my area, and I'm more interested in a BTW group personally).

I still do a lot of work that is Hellenic in approach, so I guess that means I'm doing a dual trad thing.

I also do a lot of ancestor work (and that list has grown WAY too much this year - my mother, father-in-law, and one of my oldest friends all died since March.)

Z
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Zephyr - it is good to see you, and I'm sorry for your losses. It is good to be home, though!

I am dedicating to a Gardnerian coven (Dragon Tryst); I now identify as a Christo-Pagan with deep Judeo - Christian roots , where I work with a pantheon of Judeo Christian dieties (Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mother Mary, Sophia, Yahweh, Asherah).

I'm currently studying Shamanism, which is a while separate conversation!

"perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave." Rilke.

is offline having an 'out of money' experience.
    Oh goodness. Last time I was here I don't even remember what I claimed my path was. I was marring a Jehovah's Witness though and my path got lost in that abusive marriage (that is now long over).

Now? Now I'm searching. I wish to be around others who think similarly. I desperately want instruction in something, anything or as many things as possible but in Fairbanks I can't seem to find anyone who would accept me so I have made my own path in the meantime.

I am very much nature based and function on instinct and respect. With no one to teach me like I crave, I do not try to give names to my Gods/Goddesses for I haven't had anyone to talk to about them. I very much find myself more dealing directly with the energies and spirits of the earth though. Maybe they are my true gods? I have no idea but I wish to learn now more then ever before.
    Well Shit. I didn't do it!

Let's see...last time I was here, I think I was identifying as either Christo-Pagan or Christian Witch. Since then, I became officially agnostic, and then just this past year I began to identify as eclectic pagan. I am strongly connected to Hades and Persephone, Taoism, and am studying from various cultures. After 9ish years of studying, I'm chucking everything I thought I knew and in essence, restarting on my journey.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

I really don't know how to describe myself.

I practice Cherokee nvwoti (medicine)
    I'm also a Luciferian witch.
    I work with my one version of the tablets found within the Encochian system.
    Samadhi is also an aspect of my path. it is like our (Cherokee) concept of Duyugodv, but nobody knows that word.
    We also have words for certain light-bearers, our "Lucifer" figures. Kutani, Tsayi, Galoneda and a word which actually refers to a light-bearing entity.

I do not like a haphazard or disjointed praxis. i can tell you were it all came from and how they have been relevant to my path.
    It is very important to me that all the pieces properly fit and are not forced.

As an existentialist I am a theist and agnostic. I treat as real anything that affects my psyche.
    working objectively I am agnostic, "without knowing" taking the position that an analysis of the parts will never be enough to show for a transcendent whole,
    It is beyond the objective and would be like expecting a two-dimensional to observe a cube, it can only see a square and not even a square, rather the sides of the square because it can not see both the inside and outside of the square as we can as three-dimensional beings.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

When I joined this site over ten years ago I was identifying as an eclectic Pagan, having just left a Wiccan Coven... Around the time MW went into hibernation I had started to identify openly as a Satanist and my path has solidified since then.
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

I'm still on my own path. I guess the closest thing would be agnostic?
    I feel that I will never have a set frame to describe my journey. It will always be growing and gathering what's needed, at the time, from various beliefs and cultures I encounter.
    I still have an intense draw to the concepts behind the darker side of things, which can get quite the looks sometimes when searching for books.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans -John Lennon
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrstorm View Post
    Oh goodness... If I recall, last I was online, I was coming to my devotions with Hekate.

Since then, that's gotten more structured and intense. I'm a member of the Covenant of Hekate now, and operate a Sanctuary (a temple space for those who wish to practice with Hekate in my area.) The CoH doesn't require any specific tradition, and I've generally been Hellenic in orientation. But last month, I returned to my roots with book Wicca (nothing but eclectic covens in my area, and I'm more interested in a BTW group personally).

I still do a lot of work that is Hellenic in approach, so I guess that means I'm doing a dual trad thing.

I also do a lot of ancestor work (and that list has grown WAY too much this year - my mother, father-in-law, and one of my oldest friends all died since March.)

Z
    Very very cool,
    So, then I take it you engage in Her Sacred Fires every-year?
    and that you follow Sorita D'etse's work?
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by DracoJesi View Post
    Very very cool,
    So, then I take it you engage in Her Sacred Fires every-year?
    and that you follow Sorita D'etse's work?
    I've done HSF every year that it's existed. I have two pieces of art in the book that gave birth to the ritual.

Sorita is a friend, so I'm biased about her work. lol
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast