Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Path

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrstorm View Post
    I've done HSF every year that it's existed. I have two pieces of art in the book that gave birth to the ritual.

Sorita is a friend, so I'm biased about her work. lol
    ooooo are you going to tell me which ones?

If you click on Coven Kutani in my sig, the first post that should come up is be preparing a space for HSF and then some moon shots after ritual.
    i have more moon shots on my facebook, as they wouldn't all upload,
    No pictures were actually taken of the rite.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

My current pagan path has evolved over the years, it's been quite a process actually:

I am a highly eclectic witch. I practice with abandon old-fashioned and quaint kitchen witchery, but I've also performed rituals within a cast circle amongst all the pomp and ceremony of High Magick. I have steeped myself in dark and mysterious hoodoo practices, and I have followed the herbal path of the green witch. I worship the Mother Goddess, and I relegate the God to His rightful place as Her consort. I am many things. My spiritual practices and beliefs are widely varied and uniquely personal.

I have successfully combined all of the magickal practices listed above (kitchen witchery, hoodoo, green witchcraft, & Dianic Wicca) on my Personal Spiritual Path, which I've dubbed: Gray Magerium
    Last edited by Amythyst; November 17th, 2015 at 12:06 AM.
    My Website:
    The Witch's Corner
    http://amythystraine.blogspot.com

My Blog:
    Magickal Connections
    http://wytchymystique.com

My Books:
    click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
    My current pagan path has evolved over the years, it's been quite a process actually:

I am a highly eclectic witch. I practice with abandon old-fashioned and quaint kitchen witchery, but I've also performed rituals within a cast circle amongst all the pomp and ceremony of High Magick. I have steeped myself in dark and mysterious hoodoo practices, and I have followed the herbal path of the green witch. I worship the Mother Goddess, and I relegate the God to His rightful place as Her consort. I am many things. My spiritual practices and beliefs are widely varied and uniquely personal.

I have successfully combined all of the magickal practices listed above (kitchen witchery, hoodoo, green witchcraft, & Dianic Wicca) on my Personal Spiritual Path, which I've dubbed: Gray Magerium
    To be clear, do you mean relagate as:

rel·e·gate
    ˈreləˌɡāt/
    verb
    consign or dismiss to an inferior rank or position.

?
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by Morr View Post

I myself am on a weird duel reconstructionist path that I sort of combined. I follow both Irish Gaelic Polytheism and Asatru. Even though both are reconstructionist in nature, and it may seem odd I follow two cultures, it actually sort of works! In fact, the Irish and Norse historically met, exchanged ideas and have shared each other's cultures. Overall, they have similar ways and cultural traditions.
    It's funny you mention that. I'm Celtic reconstructionist (witch), but my academic background is early medieval Britain, specifically Anglo-Saxons, so I tried Asatru for a while. Didn't stick though, I'm sorry to say. Everyone was super nice, but I just didn't connect as much as I thought I would, and my old gods just finally called me back. So here I am with the Welsh (and a little of the Irish) Celtic team: Rhiannon and Lleu Llaw Gyffes (Lugh)

But I'm also a bit witchy. I do cast spells and brew potions and all the rest of it. I like having both the religion and the practice.
    "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
    Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
    When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
    AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
    :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

Animistic Buddhist
    Mitakuye Oyasin

Quote Originally Posted by October View Post
    It's funny you mention that. I'm Celtic reconstructionist (witch), but my academic background is early medieval Britain, specifically Anglo-Saxons, so I tried Asatru for a while. Didn't stick though, I'm sorry to say. Everyone was super nice, but I just didn't connect as much as I thought I would, and my old gods just finally called me back. So here I am with the Welsh (and a little of the Irish) Celtic team: Rhiannon and Lleu Llaw Gyffes (Lugh)

But I'm also a bit witchy. I do cast spells and brew potions and all the rest of it. I like having both the religion and the practice.
    October, thats cool! Asatru is not for everyone! I have only gotten into it the past few years. I found an online presence of Asatru practitioners, and have become involved in the community. I have not abandoned my Celtic (Irish) Gods, however.. These days I am close to Brigid. The Morrigan will always have a soft spot in my heart, though I have moved on from my relationship with her, and have learned much from her.

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    I still identify as (a mostly non-practicing) Kemetic, but I still observe Samhain, and I still love Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, but only for the thankfulness, gift-giving and eating-everything-under-the-sun aspects.

My altar was set up in my bedroom before I even moved the rest of my stuff up here. I still pray before it, every now and then, and I still commune with Them by tarot cards, if I really need some concrete advice. (Right now, They keep prodding me to come up with some kind of legacy, a "Great Work" to leave for the future.)
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

I am a Heathen, polytheist and witch. I honor Holle, Odin, Thor and Ullr. I do mostly folk magic.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoJesi View Post
    ooooo are you going to tell me which ones?

If you click on Coven Kutani in my sig, the first post that should come up is be preparing a space for HSF and then some moon shots after ritual.
    i have more moon shots on my facebook, as they wouldn't all upload,
    No pictures were actually taken of the rite.
    I'll have to look them up. But if you look at the contents, I'm listed as Sara Croft in there. Pg. 260 and 291. (found it!)
    (Sorry, I vanished. Life has been rough this year, and I'm not coping now that the holidays are coming.)
    Last edited by Zephyrstorm; November 26th, 2015 at 12:36 PM. Reason: had to look something up
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Let's see. Scratches head. Pagan. Yeah, that's it… I was a pagan. Lots of Wiccan back then. Solitary. I self-dedicated then promptly wandered off to find a Goddess since no one else's was working. Pantheism was working… then one day… Today, a whole lot of life badness and my practice is 95% wishful thinking. Pantheism still works and I have zero problem putting that in circle, on the altar, and in prayers. She is still Goddess but I put masks on her now and then for my focus. I have two primary Goddess images on my wall: an unnamed Nebula full of stars and dust; and a very large pink watercolor rose. Most days she is All or Nothing or Everything. Other days she is Bee Goddess or Owl Goddess or just Goddess. No God for me -- he gets plenty of attention in the wrong ways, and I've got enough bad juju in my life. Since I'm almost completely housebound now, I am so grateful to be back here.
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    --Bill Watterson

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast