Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Path

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I suppose I have not changed much. I am mostly Christian, but was raised in a Native home, so I still lean on much of that for small guidance. The animals and the wind and the four directions. It may sound odd, but it seems to work for me. I can only imagine that each one of you here can agree with that thought that nobody is just like you... and your path or mine may not work for anyone else. Anyway, greetings all!
    I always related to you somewhat on this combination, though I would loosely classify as more than mostly Christian ~ there are few who interpret it as I do, though, and I always see so many connections between the different religions that are in the same vein so it's always good to connect with others who will understand this sort of stepping back and seeing the big picture.

♥ Love and Light☮☼

Let's see, the last time I was here, I wasn't really sure what my path was, I was calling it pantheism, but that wasn't quite right. Last year I joined the Self Realization Fellowship, founded by Paramhansa Yogananda in the 1930s. It's sort of a Hindu thing that honors Jesus as their primary guru. I'm very interested in it, but the lessons were becoming overwhelming in addition to my usual stress, so I stopped for a while.
    Last edited by EponaCapaill; April 7th, 2016 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect
    "...You are a child of the universe;
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be..."

'Desiderata' Max Ehrmann 1927

When I joined this forum, I was a seeker trying to find my path, with emphasis on Bast and Hermes.

Now I am a Hellenic/Kemetic Lokean polytheist eclectic witch (yeesh that is a mouthful). I am a devotee to Bast, Yinepu, Set, Djehuty, Nebt-Het, Nut, Hestia, Hermes, Dionysos, Artemis, Apollon, Hekate, Nyx, Demeter, Persephone, Haides, Pan, and Loki. They keep me busy a lot. I try and keep them separate in my devotions to them but so far I haven't had any feelings that they mind being around each other. Loki just wants his own spot and I keep the Netjeru on one side and the Theoi on the other. So it works for me.

Witch wise I am an eclectic gray witch. Mostly working with spirits and the elements. I also ask the deities I worship for help in my magickal workings as well when needed but they seem to like me to do it with my own power.

This is such a difficult question for me but I guess at the moment I consider myself a neopagan, with an emphasis on the Celtic side of things. I haven't really felt the need to categorize myself too much, even after 3 years I'm still growing and haven't really found a place to settle just yet

Quote Originally Posted by Arinya View Post
    I'm a free flowing, eclectic collection of witch-crafty confusion. So, I'm working on an answer to this.
    Me too And I'm totally thrilled that I won't have one any time soon!

What I do know is that I have changed a ton in the last 10 years since I was last on MW - I'm way more into energy now and I just sort of make it up as I go most of the time Hmmmm except for rit. I go to a circle that is run by a wonderful Druid couple, so I join their rit, and it's lovely.

is offline Unapologetically Fideistic
    Still part of ADF but now I also practice Confucianism, Shinto, Taoism along side of my Indo-European Paganism.

This is a broad question, but that's nice because it makes you think in a larger scale!

I will always and forever hold Green Witchcraft close to my heart... I wrote Ann Moura when I was a wee lad of 14, and she took the time to respond!! I still have her letter tucked into the back of my first copy of Green Witchcraft... It means a lot to me!!

As I grew up in Utah, religion was crammed down my throat from a very early age. I researched many religions, lightly, recreationally. I bought up many Llewellyn publications, Tarot cards, Green Witchcraft 1, 2, and 3... Celtic Magic... Raymond Buckland's Complete Guide to Witchcraft (revised or second edition, not sure, it's packed in a box with all my other books as I am moving out of the ex's soon :/)

But as I grew 'older' (lolz, by this I mean when I was 16) I picked up Anton Szandor LeVay's Satanic Bible, as well as Satanic Rituals, and got heavy into studying that for a while. I recently got the Satanic Cross tattooed on the back of my left arm (tricep area) in the old school manner of 'stick and poke' by a dear, Pagan friend...

I don't really identify as any one religion. I prefer to pick and choose my favorite elements of that which inspires me, and mold them all together into my idealistic path. For instance, I love the rituals, and traditions behind Green Witchcraft, but also firmly believe in LeVay's 'psychodrama' and all it entails... I am a very visual person, and to see the rituals, to see the altars, the athame's, the robes and the 'dances' of a ritual... It pulls at my soul, and I crave it...

I also don't like being mocked, attacked, looked down upon, insulted, or blatantly offended, so, again with the LeVay principals of 'if they hit you, then you hit back!' I know that is an aggressive statement/response, but I will not sit idly by while people take a derogatory stance with me and who and what I am and just smile about it and hope Karma takes care of it for me. I will not go out of my way to cause them harm, but if they cause me harm, or those I consider my family/loved ones, I will not let matters slide... I am defender, and I defend that which I love, and I do love a lot. I don't hate as much as I used to, my mind continually opens to new concepts and ideas and ideals. I learn, I grow, I mature.

"All things of the Earth must eventually return to it" seems to resonate with me, though, these days I question if we are even 'of the Earth' or simply placed here to protect it... Either way, I am bound to this beautiful rock, and you won't see me paying money to be buried in space :3

I was so excited to see that mystic wicks is back. I have checked every once in a while and it was always down,which made me sad. This has been my pagan home for many years, and I searched but was never able to find any place that was home like mystcwicks. When I was here before, I was eclectic pagan. Now I'm just a witch with both kitchen and green elements. If I work with energies, i work with dragons. I work with a dragon tulpa as my familiar. This particular tulpa has been with me since I was a child but has changed looks as we both have grown. Of course when I was a child I didn't know anything about tulpas so he was simply my imaginary friend...

Again, I am so glad to be back!

I often read about Hermetic Magick, Taoism, and Zen Buddhism, and I find a lot of truths in those readings. However, in practice I do very simple things. I do a one-card tarot draw, usually in the morning. I take opportunities to make connections with nature. I find deeper spiritual connections when I connect in non-verbal ways and pay attention to feelings, rather than speaking aloud or silently.

I forget what I was before and I stopped being Pagan for about 7 years. Recently I have found myself interested again, primarily in Wicca. That's where I started in the beginning, though I was never initiated or part of a coven, so consider myself Wiccan-ish.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast