Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Path

I like to think I'm a "general Pagan" now. When I first joined and during the years I was active here, I studied Wicca mostly. I am part of a Clan, but I'm on the outer fringe and I'm comfortable with that. I don't think about it much anymore, meaning I don't try to label what I do (or don't do). I haven't worked a spell in a long long time but I know if I wanted to (or had the need) I could. My path is my own I guess.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Morr View Post
    So since we've all just reconnected after 3-5 years, I am sure some of us our still searching for a path, some have grown in their path, and some have branched out to others -

What is your current Pagan path?

My "path" is not as great or involved as you guys but...years ago I researched Wicca and witchcraft, I bough a bunch of books and stones, a couple of tarot decks and even a crystal ball and tried it out.
    For me it was tedious because it did not feel natural or right to me and if every ritual has to be a forced struggle then there is something wrong.

I was not fond of worshiping deities or any other metaphorical representations of nature and I just did not like the idea that I had to drop my own reservations and skepticism so I just dropped it all for many years.

However I am now testing the waters again but with a new mindset and different perspective. I bought a couple of books written by Star Hawk and while I am not sure I can go along with everything she does have some interesting tidbits.

I recently bought "The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells" and while I am not sure I would do spells per-se but it has some nifty recipes for herb sachets and incense as well as other recipes I can alter or adapt.

I do not mean to be dimissive of other peoples paths or criticize their devotions; my mistake was trying to force things on myself that just didn't fit, much like trying to fit a dodecahedron (sp?) into a triangular hole.

This time I will take it far more slowly and tentatively, it's supposed to be a personal path and journey so I need to make it so for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaStar View Post
    I like to think I'm a "general Pagan" now. When I first joined and during the years I was active here, I studied Wicca mostly. I am part of a Clan, but I'm on the outer fringe and I'm comfortable with that. I don't think about it much anymore, meaning I don't try to label what I do (or don't do). I haven't worked a spell in a long long time but I know if I wanted to (or had the need) I could. My path is my own I guess.
    Wow. You summed that one up quite well and kinda describes me except for the clan part but...anyways, I agree.
    Last edited by Ryu; October 2nd, 2016 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Learning to reply with multiple quotes

Back when I used to post here I was probably identifying as polytheistic, within some branch of the religions of Hellenismos or Heathenry. Today I consider myself a pantheist and have done so for some years. I still resonate strongly with Heathenry but not in its religious form. I used to be against eclecticism (for myself) and craved 'purity' in my cultural practices but ultimately being eclectic is what works best for me. The biggest irony for me is that some New Age practices actually resonate with me, ye gads. Still coming to terms with that one... I've also become very into the tarot and meditation and centre my practice around nature spirits and guides.

Edit: from reading my signature quote, maybe I was identifying as a pantheist even then. Heh.
    Last edited by electricpeppers; December 19th, 2016 at 05:12 PM.
    Everything is right for me, which is right for you, O Universe.
    Nothing for me is too early or too late, which comes in due time for you.
    Everything is fruit to me which your seasons bring, O Nature.
    From you are all things, in you are all things, to you all things return.

Marcus Aurelius

I'm not sure my path has a name...
    But that's just how it's gone for me..

I identify as generally pagan - the consummate fence-sitter. Animal and nature spirits, stones, and a vast assortment of mixed pantheon deities have always interested me but I try not to presume to appropriate from past cultures. I maintain and change altars based on what feels right for me. I have a reverence for Lucifer as the Lightbearer, a bringer of enlightenment similar to Prometheus, embodiment of pride and personal excellence - while rejecting any association of zim with devil or adversarial concepts. This is not a matter of passing judgement - simply that those associations don't resonate with me. I've also flirted with the idea of exploring chaos magick and what kind of personal paradigms I may be able to draw strength from... So I'm currently a largely undecided spiritual hot mess.

- Tip-toeing the raggedy edge of something magnificently dark but truly amazing...

I'm not much of anything, really. I sling my cards, I try to meditate, though I've been super lax there.. I've been considering doing some research into Hecate and/or Arianrhod. I've done a few Full Moon rituals here and there but nothing has really clicked for me, so *throws hands up*

Been practicing secular witchcraft and divination since 2003. But since I started experiencing 신병, I've become spirit-led and am pursuing my ceremony later this year in 무속신앙 (Mugyo).
    Call me Mivi.
    무속인 (Korean Shaman).
    "Money can move the gods."
    Ceremony Fundraiser
    2k17 Pilgrimage!

Nice to see all that stuck around here either still adhering to what they were, or still on their own journey.

I'm still on the path as I've been since last visiting which is a Gaelic Polytheist in my personal practice, plus my practises as a Traditional Wiccan. Life and work has kind of forced me to cease involvement with other esoteric groups, but I'm still around the odd time.
    Semper Fidelis

Practice wise my pathwalk is still shamanic & animistic like. I say shamanic & Animistic like as for me it is a practice and method not a spirituality or religious belief system but the structure upon which my beliefs are pinned and my life is worked. In that capacity is holds aspects of Hedgeriding, Greenwitchcraft, Native American influences and what are probably folk & familial influences from my heritage and Blue Ridge Ancestry. It's also defined against the idea of "Spirit" or Great Unknowable and Shamanic Death and Shamanic Illness and other selection concepts, various allies, spirits, guides, etc.

Religious and Spirituality wise I am still heavily influences by the gods & goddesses of Ancient Hellas with a bit of Recon influences though I don't follow a strict recon influences. Yet time frame wise it would cover not only the various Hellenic periods but also Kemetic and Roman time periods where the Hellene gods / goddesses were conflated with other pantheons. Blood bound to Hekate, Artemis but strong affinity to Bastet, Pahket, Mafdet, Diana though to be honest difficult to say if it is them in their Kemetic and Roman identity or conflated identities with Artemis & Hecate. Gods would be Poseidon, Sekor and one I simply call the Huntsman due to his persona and appearance & location.

While I can separately define the pathwalk and spiritual / religious facets they are not separate but compliment each other. Like most shamanic practitioners I am familiar with the shamanic functions exists within the context of their own peoples religious belief system not outside of it. They are an additional source for reading the will of both the gods / goddesses but also the spirits and other worldly spirits that exists with the people. They are chosen and touched by those spirits and divinities to serve and function within their societies. They don't compete with or replace the spiritual or religious class or clan in their culture as that is not their role, they provide a complimentary source that speaks for the other spirits and allies who may at times hear other things from the divinities or powers.

I can't find where, or if, I responded to this thread before. I was probably still a Wiccan, if I did.

Today, I describe myself a syncretic Roman reconstructionist. My main household practice is Roman, and I celebrate the Roman religious calendar. But I also celebrate the four main Celtic festivals and worship the gods of my Celtic ancestors. And I celebrate a cycle of Dionysian and Demetrian festivals. I don't exactly follow the full range of Hellenic festivals, because Athenian religion just doesn't speak to me, and my focus is more specifically on Dionysos and Demeter; at the same time, I hesitate to describe my personal cult to them as a mystery cult, since it's just me and it's not initiatory. I use reconstructionist methods when performing my rites, but I do not limit myself to solely one culture or pantheon.
    I can justify this because, well, the Romans had a rich history of doing just that. I think of myself as a Hellenised Romano-Celt, when it comes to my religion and spirituality, I guess.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast