Thread: seeing faces when I lay down to go to sleep

seeing faces when I lay down to go to sleep

Hey guys,

It's been a very long time since I posted. I am a mystic. I shut it down as best I could in 2011 to deal with mental illness (bipolar). And I'm just now opening back up. Perhaps somewhat underdeveloped. There's a lot that I do not know. I'm hoping someone here understands what I am experiencing.

Since I moved into my current house, sometimes when I lay down to go to sleep, I see faces. They are not faces in my mind like conjuring a memory. It's more like I'm seeing them with my eyes on the backs of my eyelids. I did a little research on it, and many others experience it when the 3rd eye opens. Can you give me a run down of what I'm seeing? They are distinct faces, but strange to me. It's like they're coming to me to take a little peek and then the go away.

FYI, "fatherman" is not a religious name. It comes from a book about being a father.
    Last edited by Fatherman; October 7th, 2015 at 10:52 AM.

Personally I'm for manic depressive, bipolar is just politically correct. Anything, anything is a question mark for me. Sounds, smells, cold spot… is it real or is it brain chemistry? After I answer all the questions like have I taken my meds and am I manic, I can start working things through. I take notes. I wait for repetition. Whatever it is, it's a gift for me because I'm experiencing something in a new way. One time the power was out and I learned I was hearing the blood flowing through my eardrums. It's not about debunking, it's about being present and truly aware. As to your faces… can you draw? if not can you do a Google Images search and find a picture that's close? how about something like this? Get to know these faces in as many ways that you can. Are any associated with a color, do they have glasses, earrings, facial hair? Are you laying on your back or your side when you see them? If you sleep on the couch does it still happen? Do they still visit when you play music or white noise? Once all that's worked out, I'd make a formal offering outside your bedroom, even better outside. I wouldn't ask for anything, just acknowledge them and honor their visits.

For those skeptics reading this, I have no problem with how thin reality may or may not be. I live in a world that is different then yours. I experience things you do not on a daily basis. My religion aids me, I am guided and protected by powers greater then myself. At the same time I am also intelligent and capable of trying to understand and truly be alive to who I am and what I experience. Fatherman has been through some stuff and needs some direction and ideas, not solutions.

A parting comment. I was sitting next to a huge Ficus plant one day and looked up into its branches. I was like hey look at the light and the dust motes. Then I felt something. Remember when you've looked at someone and could tell they were about to say something? That pause, that intake, that tiny bit of tension, that moment of waiting. I felt that. In fact each one of the leaves on that ficus was about to speak… but not with words. Norms have these moments and deny them. Certain religious feel a moment of transcendence. My first thought was am I going manic? Which broke the whole experience. I guess the ficus changed its mind. Or maybe I did.
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    --Bill Watterson

I am so grateful that you replied, RavenStars. I asked one of my spiritual guides about it, and he said that I was accessing previous incarnations. I trust this guy, but I don't understand this at all. What do these incarnations want with me? I have one particular person that I stands out. Looks a little like this guy:

tumblr_m1x4ezxf4y1rqd5coo1_500.jpg

I haven't seen anything since I started the thread. I closed down my third eye again.

What a great photo. I think this technique is useful for anyone. Finding a visual image to externalize pagan experiences which are often internal can be a useful tool.
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    --Bill Watterson

A few weeks ago I was laying in bed, trying to fall asleep, when I saw it. It was a face, just a head really. It was extremely real, and I was fully aware that I was awake. Maybe I was really dreaming, I don't know. This didn't seem to be the same as your experience though, mine was actually a bit creepy.

I think it says a lot about ourselves and our species when we react to something new and out of our past experience. I had a friend in high school that could see super faint auras (not Las Vegas neon). For her it was normal. For most of us suddenly seeing auras or even one person's aura would be a mix of thoughts and feelings. Doubt being one of them. But it can also be creepy because our primitive brain is trying to warn us… new things can be dangerous.
    --Bill Watterson

I'm excited to see this post. I have been experiencing this too, sometimes seeing faces as I'm trying to fall asleep, those of strangers. I'm not really sure what to do with that, but it is interesting. I've also experienced it in the shower.