Thread: Dark Matter, any good?

Dark Matter, any good?

Apparently it is about a crew of six, in deep-space, having no recollection of who they are and finding themselves eventually stuck in the middle of conflict.
    I do not anything other than that, not having watched it yet. i saw a comment that was hopeful that it had the potential to be the next Firefly.
    so i'm expecting something along those lines.

I've exhausted the entirety of Star Trek, and watched all of Farscape.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

I enjoyed the first season. It's complicated. There is some overlap in terms of genre with Firefly. The crew is a bit rougher and darker though... sort of.
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Just started watching. just finished the opening logo sequence which is very transformerish.
    Love the ships corridors. the interface panels are styled yet to the point, and crisp.
    However I'm seeing two different color schemes so far.
    The set, and I'm not saying this is a bad thing, looks to be designed by a gamer fond of first-person shooters.
    As for the exterior of the ship it is interesting, different from what I'm used to but doesn't appear to be anything new from the shows that use such a styling. We'll see if it grows on me.
    I appreciate the competency of the female character thus far, hopefully she wont be a "She is good at combat thus good enough for a strong female character" character.

Edit, ok there's another female character and another guy now.
    Edit: and another guy,
    Last edited by Humming Bird; October 12th, 2015 at 05:33 AM.

Well, I've finished the first season, we'll see if there will be a second. The production run for the first was only 13 episodes.
    rumor has it, that one episode for season two is confirmed yet not released.