Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So..... Who is trying to get your attention today, and why?

I have been claimed by my patron goddess so she is my partner, but I am also in contact with a goddess of love as well as a war god, but I am completely in love with my patron she means more to me than any other living being,
    and I can't imagine loosing her, not that I have to worry about that.. I think it's best to wait for a deity to take interest in you and then at least stay with the pantheon, obviously you can work with different gods and goddesses as they approach you but I think they would find it disrespectful to move to a different pantheon when they have made the effort to reach us..

For a long time I followed the Irish deities. The past couple of years I've been called to service the Norse Gods as well. They've been more active in my life and spirituality, but the Irish deities and my sacrifices and dedication to them has remained strong. The last few years It's been specifically Odin, Frigg, Thor and Skadi who have taken a more prominent role in my life.

Our home is under renovations right now. Once I have my own space, I intend on setting my altars back up. Including ones for my Irish Deities though they do not take such a prominent role in my spirituality anymore. I still honor them in the proper Irish Recon ways, separately from my Norse Deities. My Norse Deities will also have their altars back up, in the appropriate Norse tradition. I keep both cultures and worships separate, so that I can stick to as much historical accuracy as I can. I know some hardcore Recons may find this odd, but I answer to those who call me. The Gods know best, and if I am worthy in their eyes, than I don't care what others may think. It works for me, and I am blessed to have each of them call me.

Freyja has been mine for several years now. The connection waxes and wanes, but when it comes down to it, she is always there for me, and any distance is on my part, from just...trying to figure life out, I guess. Right now my bond to her is pretty solid; I feel this constant low hum of magic and energy and brightness, even with the general bleakness of winter.
    The possibilities are endless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2