Thread: Seducing Miss Red - Work in progress

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)

Seducing Miss Red - Work in progress

And here's the one I'm working on now. (Er.... well, I will be as of next month. For the rest of this month, everything is in moving boxes.)\

I'm going to call it Seducing Miss Red, because I'm going to put a red rose in his mouth, and make it look like it's a tempting gift he's going to use to lure a more grown-up Red Riding Hood into his evil (?) clutches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolf.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	113266
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Looking lovely!
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Thank you! It's got a long, long way to go. It's only a couple painting-hours into a 40-painting-hour job. But it'll be cool when it's done. (I miss painting! Won't be able to get to it for another three weeks or so. Waaaah!!!)

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

I can't wait to see it when it's finished! The expression really grabs me!

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted condition. There is no known cure & we are unable to determine how long you will have to live.
    LDMS

I love how you've done the fur, especially around the ears and eyes. You say you're only a few hours in? Can't wait to see the rest if that's the case!
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Glad you both like it. I'll be gladder still when this move is finally over and I can get back to work painting it. (I move two Saturdays from now. Yay!!!!)

As to the fur, that's just the sketch done in pencil. When it's done, it will look like a photo of a real wolf, done in acrylic paints. The only part that has any painting on it at all at the moment is the background and the birch tree. I'm thinking the background color's going to change. The original reference photo is very muted coloring. What I want is a bit more colorful. I'd like to get some dusky plum and a lighter blue in there somehow, along with some of the red from the rose that I still need to add.

Two years later and I have only just NOW started working on this painting again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EACC0B2F-E834-4737-8C0B-5B0D431280FF.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	113497