Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Book Haul thread

Book Haul thread

Post your hauls,

My latest consists of.
    Mound Builder's of Ancient America by Robert Silverberg
    Spirit Allies by Christopher Penczak
    The Native Americans - a hardback coffeetable/display book published by Salamander
    Black Elk Speaks
    Huston Smith's 'The Religions of Man"
    Candle Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster, I figure if i complete the set it may pay off some day. these books are usually pretty good or miss.
    Euripedes. 1 which includes Medea, Hecuba, Andromache and The Bacchae
    Discovering Ourselves, a psycology book by authors Strecker and Appel
    Leaves of Grass, by Walt Whitman
    A Greek-English Lexicon
    Latin & English dictionary
    Acupuncture and you by Louis Moss M.D.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    Good books.... (I have Leaves of Grass in my Kindle, just haven't read it yet), but what is a book haul? Just all the books you're reading now, or all the books you purchased in one fell swoop?
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahautenites View Post
    Good books.... (I have Leaves of Grass in my Kindle, just haven't read it yet), but what is a book haul? Just all the books you're reading now, or all the books you purchased in one fell swoop?
    one fell swoop, a mother-load.
    I'm alternating between a few of them right now some some of them are obviously reference
    Oh who am i kidding i'll read the latin dictionary and Greek lexicon.

I'm also got a much much smaller leaves of grass somewhere which doesn't have as many poems in it, not sure what that's about...

Ahh. Thanks for explaining.

It's been a while since I last got books that way. I think the last time was when I bought every paranormal romance novel about werewolves that I could get my hands on. Oh, and the Undead and Unwed books, which are about vampires, mostly. Good stuff!

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

So... Twilight except Edward and Bella are werewolves?

**grimaces in mock pain** Hell no! I read the first book of that trilogy, just so I could understand the inside jokes of the parody book "Nightlight". It was PAINFUL. Horribly bad writing. In fact, as far as writing styles go, I'm not sure who is worse, the author of Twilight or the author of that other piece of crap, 50 Shades of Grey.

Betsy (Queen of the Vampires in the Undead and Unwed series) is awesomely funny.

Heh, grey, it's not chocolate but slightly more colorful than vanilla.... (not hat vanilla is naturally of light color but whatevs)
    I haven't actually read it but that's what all the Kinksters I know who have say about it.

Oh, it's not the kink that bothers me (I'm no prude). it's just her writing style. It's awful. And her characters are so STUPID. I felt my IQ dropping when I read it. And I refused to go get the second book when the first book ended the way it did. (I didn't pay for the first book. It was given to me. And I refuse to pay money to someone who is that talentless.) "My inner sex goddess did her happy mambo dance." Oh, please. Once, maybe. But saying that same phrase several times in the book? Awful.

Fun Fact: 50 Shades of Grey was originally a Twilight fanfiction.

Anyways, my haul (once I find a way to justify the money *grimace* It's in my shopping cart, and yet...) is:

I have so many books on my wishlist, I figured I'd try to lump them into themes. So this theme is: Fighting Depression through Self Introspection! =P
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

I just got
    • Celtic Gods and Heroes, by Marie-Louise Sjoestedt
    • Celtic Heritage, by Alwyn Rees
    • Daily Life in 18th Century England, by Kirstin Olsen (which of these things is not like the others? lol)
    • A Circle of Stones: Journeys and Meditations for Modern Celts, by Erynn Rowan Laurie
    • Celtic Mythology, by Proinsias MacCana
    • The Tarot of the Green Witch, by Ann Moura

My Cart has:
    • The Apple Branch: A Path to Celtic Ritual, by Alexei Kondratiev
    • The CR FAQ: An Introduction to Celtic Reconstuctionist Paganism, by Kathryn Price NicDhana

And, like, a million other things. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
    "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
    Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
    When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
    AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
    :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast