Thread: religious OCD and paths

religious OCD and paths

I have mental health problems i have OCD religious OCD its makes things hard i posted here a few years ago about me wanting to fallow a mix of religions
    Am scared am going to hell because am a bad person my husband says am not a bad person ...am i bad ???
    i worry that am losing my mind over something i cant control
    i believe so many things at once i believe that if i follow the wrong one ill go to hell
    Am so scared because of what happened in Paris might happen in the uk i dont want people to get hurt i dont want ANY ONE HURT EVEN PEOPLE I DONT KNOW
    my husband says it human nature to hurt each other
    but why cant we all get a long i dont understand why some one would want to kill people
    my husband has told me to stick to Christianity dont follow anything else because going to my church has made me stable
    av tried to mix my faith before but then i feel like am evil for doing that
    am so scared of death that am worried that ill go to hell

Quote Originally Posted by *Willow* View Post
    I have mental health problems i have OCD religious OCD its makes things hard i posted here a few years ago about me wanting to fallow a mix of religions
    Am scared am going to hell because am a bad person my husband says am not a bad person ...am i bad ???
    i worry that am losing my mind over something i cant control
    i believe so many things at once i believe that if i follow the wrong one ill go to hell
    Am so scared because of what happened in Paris might happen in the uk i dont want people to get hurt i dont want ANY ONE HURT EVEN PEOPLE I DONT KNOW
    my husband says it human nature to hurt each other
    but why cant we all get a long i dont understand why some one would want to kill people
    my husband has told me to stick to Christianity dont follow anything else because going to my church has made me stable
    av tried to mix my faith before but then i feel like am evil for doing that
    am so scared of death that am worried that ill go to hell
    Maybe I am the last person you would want to answer you post because of my path, but maybe it is a perspective that is worth hearing anyway.
    The first thing I would say is that your OCD is clear in your post and is clearly unhealthy. Maybe your first priority should be to get the best possible medical help for your OCD rather than allow the illness to dictate what you are thinking about.
    In the meanwhile I would agree to some degree with your husband and continue going to church if that helps you to feel more stable.

Part of your OCD is the tendency to link things (especially fears) together in a way they are not really linked.
    The outrage in Paris was a profoundly evil thing which in fact affected people that Sophie and I are very close to. We are still reeling from the shock and horror of it. However it had nothing to do with religion at all. The terrorists claimed to be Muslim but they were not, and in fact go against the basic tennents that most real Muslims hold sacred. The victims were of all religions and many were unreligious. There was no linking factor except they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were not being punished. They were innocent. Their deaths had nothing to do with anybody's religion. They were the victims of murderous barbarians who have a POLITICAL agenda not a religious one.
    More importantly from your point of view, there was absolutely no connection between what happened in Paris and the religious thoughts you are worried about. NO CONNECTION.

Acts of terrorism can and do happen anywhere. However your chances of being involved in a terrorist attack are statistically far less than your chances of being struck by lightning.

I could say more but keeping your OCD in mind it is best I stop here.
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

thank you for replying
    i think ill keep going to the church
    Last edited by *Willow*; November 16th, 2015 at 05:13 PM. Reason: adding something