Thread: The Quarters and Elements as Mathew, Mark, Luke and john.

The Quarters and Elements as Mathew, Mark, Luke and john.

I'm not sure how popular this is nowadays however I thought I'd point out that with Christian Witchcraft, practitioners would often associated the four gospels with the elements and the directions.
    This really isn't all that surprising, the arch-angels are often called this way in ceremonial magick. If for whatever seen you instead of working with angels, work with saints or disciples, here yo go.

Fire........ Michael....Mark........Lion
    Air ...... ..Raphael....Mathew....Man
    Water ....Gabriel......John .......Eagle
    Earth .....Uriel..........Luke.......Bull

And for the directions, according to whatever element you associated with them.
    Last edited by Humming Bird; November 16th, 2015 at 09:28 PM.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Oh, nifty! I like this idea. If you haven't read Christine Valters Paintner's book on the Christian Practice of Praying with the Elements, is an amazing book. I can't recall if she made associations like those, however.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

I don't recall ever having done this but i might try it. altho' personally i think Matthew should be Water and John should be Air. (I've actually used these correspondences for Bible reading for a few years...long story...)
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.