Thread: A Kitchen Witch Breaks Down Thanksgiving

Lightbulb A Kitchen Witch Breaks Down Thanksgiving

[This might need to be moved.]

This kind of applies mostly to Americans, but British Christmas tradition has some similarities and I don't know much abiut Canadian Thanksgiving. But it's good to be mindful of what we're cooking anyway

Stop me if you've heard this one.

So I myself am not an eclectic anymore, but cooking today reminded me of when I was and I know some of you folks are. So because I don't have anything else to do this time of year, let's break down Thanksgiving!

Turkey
    Thanksgiving, comfort, and nurturing. Cooked at home, it brings blessings. Shared with strangers, it has karmic benefits. Eat skin for confidence in love.

Tofu
    Sacred to Chinese and Japanese agricultural deities. It has a very high spiritual vibration. Tofu is good for health, increases psychic awareness and protection when eaten on a full moon (tomorrow)

Cranberry sauce
    Cranberries: bonding through tough times (amirite?)
    Orange juice: gold and prosperity, also luck and wealth. Committed love.
    Sugar: can be used for love. Also highly valued by fairies.

Mashed potatoes
    Potatoes: healing and protection mash for comfort (duh!)
    Butter: attracts wealth, love, and happiness. Eaten with bread, it brings material ahd spiritual sustenance. Eaten with eggs, brings prosperity.
    Milk: cow's milk is for nurturing, prosperity, and protection. Goat milk for power and success. Soy milk for job success. Coconut milk for protection and spiritual cleansing.
    Salt: sacred to all ocean deities and considered one of the strongest purifying substances. Also represents prosperity

Gravy
    Turkey: Thanksgiving, comfort, and nurturing. Cooked at home, it brings blessings. Shared with strangers, it has karmic benefits. Eat skin for confidence in love.
    Flour: purification and blessings, money and removal of negative vibes.
    Milk: cow's milk is for nurturing, prosperity, and protection. Goat milk for power and success. Soy milk for job success. Coconut milk for protection and spiritual cleansing.

Stuffing
    Bread: prosperity and community. Eating it on the full moon (this year!) amplifies the effect.
    Butter: attracts wealth, love, and happiness. Eaten with bread, it brings material and spiritual sustenance. Eaten with eggs, brings prosperity.
    Sage: one of the strongest purifying agents out there
    Thyme: increase awareness, sight, and memory. Cleanses and renews the spirit, and can be used for love.
    Onions: 'peel away' problems and dispel anger. Also love and increases male virility. Red onions promote lust, white onions clear away obstacles, purple for power and suggestion, yellow dispels anger.
    Celery: cooked celery is good for love.
    Olives: gift of Athena. Represents wisdom, longevity, protection, and prosperity. Green olives for wealth, black for protection, and red for love.
    Raisins: wisdom and longevity
    Eggs: Psychic cleanser.
    Parsley: refreshes and renews an area of negative or fearful energy

Succotash
    Green beans: attract money
    Peas: peace and prosperity, family unity and wellbeing, solve love problems, and obtain answers to domestic concerns, emotional or financial.
    Carrots: improves psychic vision. Also lends energy, improves drive and motivation, and increases willpower.
    Corn: Prosperity, protection, and spirituality. Some cuktures revere it as a god in its own right. Yellow corn btings prosperity. White corn brings spiritual insight. Blue corn for purification and blessihgs (Anyone use blue corn in succotash?) Red corn protects rewards won.
    Pepper: great for lust. Ed pepoercorns to keep people from stealing your lover, white to overcome anger and dissention, black gets rid of people you don't want around. Pepper can also help with wars and separation.
    Salt: sacred to all ocean deities and considered one of the strongest purifying substances. Also represents prosperity

Green Bean Casserole
    Green beans: attract money
    Mushrooms: fantasy and illusions
    Onions: 'peel away' problems and dispel anger. Also love and increases male virility. Red onions promote lust, white onions clear away obstacles, purple for power and suggestion, yellow dispels anger.

Candied yams
    Yams: great drawing power. Attract fortune and luck, increase gender energy (oblong for male, round for female)
    Marshmallows: love and comfort, combined in this fashion, brings fertility.
    Butter: attracts wealth, love, and happiness. Eaten with bread, it brings material ahd spiritual sustenance. Eaten with eggs, brings prosperity.
    Brown sugar: can be used for love. Also highly valued by fairies.

Waldorf salad
    Apples: very powerful. Bring love. Red apples for love, yellow for fame and popularity, green for prosperity.
    Celery: cooked celery is good for love.
    Grapes: invokes the frenzy of being posessed by a god. Eat on a full moon (tomorrow) to channel divinity. Green grapes to increase income, purple for psychic vision and increasing power and influence, red to promote love.
    Walnuts: get a job, increase earnings
    Pecans: financial security
    Mayonnaise: adds an extra extravagance to the mundane or wealth to the poor. Ward off poverty and fear of failure. Brings success and employment, also removes negativity and obstacles.

Pumpkin pie
    Pumpkin: protection
    Sugar: can be used for love. Also highly valued by fairies.
    Flour: purification and blessings, money and removal of negative vibes.
    Eggs: Psychic cleanser.
    Cinnamon: Sprinkle to attract the favour of the gods. Also excellent for wealth and success.
    Clove: Use for controlling others. (Might be helpful in avoiding that bickering, eh?) Also good for success.
    Ginger: energy, healing, luck, and sex magick.
    Mace: protection, brain activity and creativity, inspiration and success.
    Allspice: success. Especially effective when cooked into food, as it works with the brain to create feelings of happiness.
    Nutmeg: luck, psychic inducer

Go forth and cook with intent! Remember, stirring clockwise brings things to you, stirring counterclockwise sends things away.
    "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
    Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
    When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
    AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
    :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

Thank you for the breakdown! Those are interesting.

Now I'm super hungry...
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

OMGoodness! How awesome.....! I hope you don't mind but I saved your entire post and may I share it?
    (Noting who this info came from)? I would love to learn more of this type of magic!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    [SIGPIC] Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Kmartin60 View Post
    OMGoodness! How awesome.....! I hope you don't mind but I saved your entire post and may I share it?
    (Noting who this info came from)? I would love to learn more of this type of magic!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Of course! Spread far and wide! Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for the share.
    Another beautiful day in the state of denial.

That was so well done! Almost makes me want some leftovers.
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrstorm View Post
    That was so well done! Almost makes me want some leftovers.
    I'll take yours! Leftovers are the best part.