Thread: Hamster Wheel Standing Desk

is offline Jewish Renewalist/Who knows?

Hamster Wheel Standing Desk

Why settle for a regular treadmill desk when you can turn your office into a giant hamster cage?

You are not reaching your current productivity potential. Numerous esteemed experts agree that standing is better than sitting and that walking is better than standing. Despite this, your workplace only provides inhumane chairs and stagnant standing desks for you to use while you struggle to get through a workday full of distractions and bodily pains.Rise up, sedentary sentients, and unleash that untapped potential within by marching endlessly towards a brilliant future of focused work. Step forward into a world of infinite potential, bounded only by the smooth arcs of a wheel. Step forward into the Hamster Wheel Standing Desk that will usher in a new era of unprecedented productivity.
    This project is a collaboration at Pier 9 between Artist-in-Residence RobbGodshaw and Instructables Developer Will Doenlen. Thanks to Vanessa Sigurdson, Gabe Patin, Oliver Kreitman, and Bilal Ghalib for helping out in the wee hours of the morning!
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Hams...Standing-Desk/
    Better Know a Child Ballad

My Deviantart Page

Love it! Places an order.
    Another beautiful day in the state of denial.

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    LOL! Not my style.... I'm more of a treadmill person. A hamster wheel would make me feel claustrophobic (and possibly also a bit dizzy). But I do agree about needing SOMETHING at your desk. My last job had me sitting virtually all day long, and it was only 20 steps to the bathroom. There's only so many times you can go to the bathroom in the course of a day, just to give your body a break from sitting. The cruelest part was that my boss wanted me to look into a standing desk, not for ME, who needed it because of the killer aches in my knees and my ever-growing backside, but for HIMSELF. Selfish jerk.
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

I couldn't read like that, it would make me dizzy! However I would love a pedel desk! especially when I'm feeling anxious.