Thread: Cord Severing and Promise Ring

Question Cord Severing and Promise Ring

Hello all,

This is my first post here, so HELLO!

Anyways, my boyfriend recently found a promise ring that his previous boyfriend of three years gave him. Normally I would have him throw it in a lake and scream to release the emotion attached, however, this particular ring was almost $300, and financially, selling it for even $100 would be a tremendous help to him.
    I'm not certain if he still has astral ties to his ex (I'm certain he does), but will perform a severing ritual for his heart chakra from his ex anyway.
    My question is, how do I sever the meaning and promise attached to the ring? I don't want to stick it in salt/salt water for fear of tarnishing, and I don't think that would quite do it anyway. There's a matching bracelet and necklace to go with the ring, but he can not find them; I'm hoping they left him when the relationship broke.
    The ring is now in my possession with an energy containment bubble placed around it. I don't want him to just sell it for fear of the bond staying attached to him and possibly negatively affecting the net owner of the ring.
    Please help! I'm wanting to do this in the next few days.

I'm sorry I didn't catch that this hadn't been answered yet! have you already found a way to severe that your satisfied with? I know there a few different ways. Do you still need ideas? I will keep a closer eye on this thread
    Brightest Blessings...
    [SIGPIC] Kim

It's fine, I was just looking for suggestions. We did it successfully!
    I basically used yarn to represent the chord and had him think of all the bad things his ex did to him while i braided the yarn and knotted it. Tied the yarn to something of his ex's, and then severed it up close to his heart chakra with his ring in the side that was attached to him. then cleansed the ring further with smoke. Seemed to work!

Oh awesome! That's what I was going to suggest the cleansing by smoke.. never thought of using the braided yarn I did thing of the 9 knot spell... and the one that was suggested to me about writing the name on a piece of paper and sending all the thoughts, emotions, etc at it or into it then crumple it up as badly as possible then either burning it or just dumping it as far away from my home as possible.. even just reading you post I got the feeling it worked! YEAHHHH!
    [SIGPIC] Kim