Thread: Anima/Animus

Anima/Animus

So this is based off Young, and his contribution to psychology and the gist is this: within your dreams there is a particular figure who is the opposite of yourself who is often represented as an archetype that is the aspects of your more complete self that are hidden, which he argued was influenced by a gender binary. For example a man would have an Anima would represent the more feminine side of his complete self that he was suppressing or keeping hidden. A woman would have an Animus.

For example, while my animus wears many faces and names, I can always pick him out as a specific character that comes and goes in my dream. While I've never found the name of a particular archetype he embodies, once I started doing Tarot, he always felt like the King of Swords to me.

Does anyone else work with their Anima/Animus and what are they like?

I have never heard of this but it sounds interesting. I don't particularly remember my dreams unless I make an effort to.

In the ceremonial system I practice, the fetch-spouse (ones animals or animus) plays a very important role. When working on a man you call their feminine half and the four aspects thereof, the inverse is true for working on a women. Each of the directions also has its anima on the inner planes. If you are interested I can explain further.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

This is really interesting. I haven't heard a lot about that aspect of it. Is it a more 'holistic' focus if you will? How does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Callandria View Post
    This is really interesting. I haven't heard a lot about that aspect of it. Is it a more 'holistic' focus if you will? How does it work?
    I suppose you could say that. Each color of the ceremonial round corresponds to a form of pathworking, and one of the four aspects of the self as well as their elemental correspondences.
    The formula for the round is different on this plane than it is on the inner planes. Each quarter, has its inverse half on the other side, in the way of a mirror image. The center also has its spouse.
    it looks like this:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...fe&oe=581D4967
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition