Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does experience always make you darker?

Does experience always make you darker?

As people become more involved in the occult it seems to me their beliefs and practices tend to get darker. For example they may become less hesitant to use blood in rituals and more likely to leave maxims such as "Harm None" behind.
    Is this always the case? Is it a natural progression? What do you think?
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

I think that as you experience more, you learn that what you once thought was absolute is not. You don't "push the boundaries" so much as your boundaries expand or shift. I think that people aren't so afraid of the extremes (dark vs light for example) and aren't as afraid of taking a stand or having an opinion.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

nods as their confidence grows they are more apt to try different spells or paths that they would not at the start. Also I think it sometimes is more that they get reenergized or renewed in the magic that they are practicing or are pulled to a different type of magic as they grow with their experiences... maybe?
    [SIGPIC] Kim

Not necessarily. I did get into darker stuff for a time but am back to being lighter.

I think it's bound to.

As you grow you start to realize that being strictly light or dark is not healthy. The balance is in the gray.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans -John Lennon
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

The key is balance, I have used magick to help a kidnapped child to be found safe and sound...
    Now I am going to admit to something that I did that I am not proud of.... my own father had tried to kill me on multiple occasions and I finally snapped and used a spell to end him...I won't go into details but will just say that while it was happening I could see it and also experienced
    It myself, luckily I had someone watching over me who stopped it just in time to preserve my innocence..and in turn changed the magick so that he could no longer harm me which thinking about it now I am eternally grateful...

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    As people become more involved in the occult it seems to me their beliefs and practices tend to get darker. For example they may become less hesitant to use blood in rituals and more likely to leave maxims such as "Harm None" behind.
    Is this always the case? Is it a natural progression? What do you think?
    I jumped into Lavayian Satanism first, found wicca and loosely followed it with a darker twist, then went to Loki, before getting away from religion all together, although I do have the teachings of satanism as a moral foundation that still influences my life heavily
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Spent time with loki myself, have to say with me it was 90% torture and 10% fun...although I don't doubt that he is more forgiving with others.. His daughter is thankfully nothing like him.. I do like the concept of lucifer an angel that fell just because he liked to enjoy life as well as a punisher of the evil, but I reject everything that Christianity stands for due to its terrible history which is a shame because if they had of mearly presented it peacefully as a new religion to practice then I would at least respect it..

Life makes you darker, yes eventually it does.
    The occult has a way of tilling up the occult-hidden. Calls up traumatic events and disturbs us with our own coping mechanisms. Much of life is pain and sadly it isn't always as fleeting as joy.

However, if you can live in a meditative state, observing yourself observing and doing, you can each experience for that, an experience, and avoid being so traumatized. There is a cost though, that you may come across as cold to those who aren't handling life as well. You should though be
    better able to retain a playfulness. This is Hummingbird medicine.

Also, having some ability to observe the self and fortify the psyche is very important before coursework or otherwise going inward (or rising on the planes etc.), so one is able to process and cope with the experience.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

I tended towards the light and fluffy when I started out. then got a bit darker. I think most people get darker while others get lighter.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast