Thread: Tarot And Depression

Tarot And Depression

OK about by last week my old teacher died by cancer and I was doing a tarot reading about how I'm feeling. All the cards were negative and I was very sad and depressed. So I ask the same question and it was the same results which I got more depressed than ever. I told a friend of mine who happen to be a famous tarot reader which I told her about the passing of my teacher and my tarot reading. She told me never do a tarot reading when you're depressed. It's bring out more sadness with the cards especially when the reading is negative. Is it true that you can't do a tarot reading when you're depressed?
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

You can do a reading whenever you want, just realize that just as with any ritual or ceremonyl, your experience is going to be based largely on where you are at when you engage those practices. If isn't in a good place you aren't going to have a good time.
    Tarot works through archetypes, and your own state of being as expressed there through (the archetypes-major arcana), among context and setting (royal arcana) and the ways in which they are actualizing or emerging (minor arcana).
    It all comes down to where you are in the moment, it isn't linear. Our waking interpretation of the cards may indeed be linear but what we see as the future is just a projection of how current patterns are going to play out if they continue on the path they are on.
    Tarot can be a potent tool for divining the future indeed, however the true gift of the tarot is the window into the self and it is better to know thyself than dwell on what may or may not happen.

You change your cards by working on yourself and your patterns. What have to done lately to be happy? not to find happiness but to let yourself be naturally according to your needs, which right now may be the need of an outlet to mourn.
    Last edited by Humming Bird; December 17th, 2016 at 04:01 PM.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

It's time to ask better questions. You get from the cards what you seek. Try asking for action advice. Draw to see what you can do to get out of the funk. Be as specific as you care to go. One of my more popular readings I offer clients is an Inspiration / Get Unstuck spread. Each card gives specific action in specific realms of being.

Good Luck!
    “Nothing alive is the same from moment to moment. To live is to face the unknown over and over again.“

Quote Originally Posted by DracoJesi View Post
    You can do a reading whenever you want, just realize that just as with any ritual or ceremonyl, your experience is going to be based largely on where you are at when you engage those practices. If isn't in a good place you aren't going to have a good time.
    Tarot works through archetypes, and your own state of being as expressed there through (the archetypes-major arcana), among context and setting (royal arcana) and the ways in which they are actualizing or emerging (minor arcana).
    It all comes down to where you are in the moment, it isn't linear. Our waking interpretation of the cards may indeed be linear but what we see as the future is just a projection of how current patterns are going to play out if they continue on the path they are on.
    Tarot can be a potent tool for divining the future indeed, however the true gift of the tarot is the window into the self and it is better to know thyself than dwell on what may or may not happen.

You change your cards by working on yourself and your patterns. What have to done lately to be happy? not to find happiness but to let yourself be naturally according to your needs, which right now may be the need of an outlet to mourn.
    I usually don't let negative cards bothering me depending on my mood. But in a few reading it did.

Quote Originally Posted by kaosxmage View Post
    It's time to ask better questions. You get from the cards what you seek. Try asking for action advice. Draw to see what you can do to get out of the funk. Be as specific as you care to go. One of my more popular readings I offer clients is an Inspiration / Get Unstuck spread. Each card gives specific action in specific realms of being.

Good Luck!
    That's something that I need to consider. Thank you.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!