Thread: Selfishness in Casting

Selfishness in Casting

Someone had made the comment that they noticed pagans would often cast for themselves but not often cast for others, and in particularly they mentioned self work and healing as somethingpagans often did for themselves but not others. Now I'm not specificly a pagan poster child but I replied with the following:

When I cast anything I'm taking responsibility for my own shit. I wouldn't cast for another on their behalf unless they have been aware enough on their path to ask me to do- otherwise if I am manipulating their path, it is on and not for them. If I have interfeard they have crossed my path.

Otherwise, just ask their gods and guides to guide them.

Selfish also includes taking anothers place, including trials, for your own.

Lastly, ones well intentions may lead the person to face very unpleasant parts of themselves in order to work out their patterns. Health sometimes comes at great suffering. Intention isn't everything.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

I agree with the responsibility being on the caster..
    I perform magick and readings for people but only if I agree that it's for the right reasons, that's why the only thing I ask for is complete honesty so I can make a fair decision.. For example if someone asked me for more money because they wanted a better car more than likely I will refuse. However if someone was struggling to make ends meet because their husband left her with the kids and had to stop work for instance then I certainly would..

"When I cast anything I'm taking responsibility for my own shit. I wouldn't cast for another on their behalf unless they have been aware enough on their path to ask me to do- otherwise if I am manipulating their path, it is on and not for them. If I have interfered they have crossed my path."

I feel the same way when someone say's "I'll pray for you".. "I'm praying for you". It makes me very uncomfortable. Who are you praying too? Are you interfering on behalf of a Deity I don't believe in.. don't sanction as my Deity?

I would much rather be "prayed with".. and even then, I am uncomfortable.. if necessary.. I will ask.

I will admit I am selfish when it comes to casting for my time and energy is precious. If someone expects me to use it for them then I expect them to be honest and upfront with me. It means I will be asking questions and asking leading questions and seeking details about whatever it is I am being asked to aid them in doing. Elusive answers, or generic you should help because I asked or such and they can rest assured my aid will end at that point.

I tend to avoid the please pray for me because I've fallen on hard times type request tell me nothing and to be honest more often than not to me are nothing more than pity parties. I'll be honest I also tend to upset people because I'll also go through pages and pages of post for a person to see what they've been posting to see what has been going on and if they been posting things over multiple threads. Most often they do and the same problems are spread over them. Love life issues, money issues, job issues, path issues, partner issues. Lots of times advise given over and over about how to stop it or get over it and ignored or spells asked for over and over with advise given but ignored.

While I do not adhere to or recognize the three fold law, or any of the other Wiccan influences and such of good and bad I am not against giving dark advise or positive advise on how to do things. But for certain I am selfish with my time and energy and a person has to show me they have made an attempt themselves and tried not just posted to a page asking others to do it all for them.