Thread: Going Vegan? Does anyone else have that powerful urge?

Going Vegan? Does anyone else have that powerful urge?

I'd like to say-- I respect everyone's choice of morals / dietary needs and what they think is ethically acceptable or not. It's a process in the journey of discovering your 'path' of life.... This is all what makes us uniquely different

However, the more I read the Wicca Rede... the more I'm drawn to animals rights. And the more I question -- and think my faith brought me to this choice. And the more I feel my calling to reach.

At the age of 7 I became vegetarian.. and in May of this year, I became fully vegan (no animal products of anything). For me, I felt less bloated, and less anxious after I ate.. there was no guilt. And I started feeling like I was fully connecting with my Goddess, and feeling faith.

I was connected before and I could feel it.. but it felt like a chain unlatched and I had a closer bond to her. It was like I was being guided to make this personal choice and in return feel an allurement bliss of guilt being weighted off me-- knowing, I'm doing everything in my power I can.. to make sure I'm not causing even more suffering.

I realize that my existence on earth itself still causes suffering, but I want to choose and try to cause the less suffering as possible. For me-- that was an extreme urge or guidance of removing anything of animal product. The experience makes me so humble and opening my arms to be guided.. waiting for a sign from her. I went from being devoted to my faith to kneeling at my alter in pure respect. I can't explain how magical my bond with her feels now. It feels like my soul feels cleaner, bigger and lighter.... and that she's able to enter it more easily and guide it even better.

This post isn't to judge people whom haven't taken that path-- I am in no way able to judge why someone hasn't or doesn't feel that path is for them. I'm just looking for people that can relate with how I'm feeling and if anyone else has felt that powerful about removing something that powerful in their life and have such a positive outcome from it?

Bless be xx ((hugs))
    Last edited by Sea; December 29th, 2016 at 03:29 AM.

I have seriously considered going vegetarian and/or vegan, although I still need to do more research, and it would be late in life. I definitely think that spiritual benefits could be there, along with certain health and ethical benefits. Congratulations on taking charge of your lifestyle and your new relationship with your Goddess.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    I have seriously considered going vegetarian and/or vegan, although I still need to do more research, and it would be late in life. I definitely think that spiritual benefits could be there, along with certain health and ethical benefits. Congratulations on taking charge of your lifestyle and your new relationship with your Goddess.
    It's never too late to try something that you feel you might benefit from. Let me know, if you have any questions or want to do some research together I love brain storming with people. Thank you for your reply!!

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    I have always been very drawn to pacifism and egalitarianism in all its shapes and forms. Veganism was, most likely, always going to be the end-zone for me. And I don't regret having made that decision one bit. I have been a vegan for several years now, and it has always spoken to me as a form of philosophy, and perhaps the closest thing to a religious adherence I have.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Let's see...

I am 62 now...

At 23 , I was a vegetarian , living at a place called Healing Waters in Arizona...

A raw foods naturopathic center , and helped run the kitchen , preparing food
    for up to 300 people a day , during large gatherings...

So I became a raw fooder...

Then , I moved to a farm , on the border , near Mexico , and helped run it ,
    with about 8 others...120 acres of Peruvian sweet short carrots , 120 acres
    of melons and other organic vegetables...

Grew our own wheatgrass , as well...same as the last place...

We had a juice plant on the land , and made all the organic juice for Tuscon
    and Phoenix...carrot juice , papaya , mango , watermelon , coconut water ,
    smoothies , etc...

So , I became a Juicerian...

Been there , done that...even tried just water for a few months , and became
    a Breatherian...just meditating , and pranayama...

For many years after , found the middle way...some meat , chicken , fish ,
    healthy chicken sausage and turkey...veggies , fruit , dairy...

But all spicy , spicy , spicy...

Now , due to health reasons , I have had to temper the spice...

( but I even spiked my carrot juice with African Bird Pepper ,
    when I was younger...nothing new )

I always felt connected to the Faery Realm I work with , no
    matter what I ate , or drank...

And , in my Tradition , there is No Sin , No Guilt , No Fear...

We just do what we do , and enjoy it...

Best to you , on your journey...glad you found the next step for
    chosen path...live it well , and always be ready for change...

Glad to get some discussion going I'm still embarking the jounary -- maybe it'll change; but this feels like the new me (for now) and I'm loving it. I've also cut out anything non- home-cooked. Everything feels more satisfying, when it's grown and baked yourself. It's a very nice feeling <3

For me going vegetarian was simply a matter of asking myself the question..why do you want to? The answer was because personally iam not comfortable killing a living being for food..
    Therefore I don't, humans have never and will never need to eat animals to survive.. I feel much better loving and caring for them and using what they give us freely such as milk,butters,cheese,eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    For me going vegetarian was simply a matter of asking myself the question..why do you want to? The answer was because personally iam not comfortable killing a living being for food..
    Therefore I don't, humans have never and will never need to eat animals to survive.. I feel much better loving and caring for them and using what they give us freely such as milk,butters,cheese,eggs
    That was my thinking when I went vegetarian as well. Sadly, as I've learned more-- and realized how the typical person handles those farms, it makes me more and more ill-- and I don't feel I can even be apart of consuming animal products > But it feels like making those self questions and choosing those lead me further to my Goddess... Like, I make choices that feel good, and I can feel her presents more. I feel it so much more lately, meaning I think for me, I've done good.

I'm SO GLAD to see so many like minded people here.

If I had enough outdoor space I would keep a goat and 2 chickens like my friends do, they don't buy from markets or eat meat, they treat the goat and chickens like family, the kids cuddle and pet them chase them etc, I have no interest in anything other than wildlife and nature, that's why I don't have much affinity with people, I have no interest in the things they do.. Sometimes wish I did then it would be easier to fit in.. But never mind