Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Past lives

That's part of the issue of past lives though BMH. For many it can be a scape goat to justify any failures in this lifetime. For other's it can be a reason for phobia's or other things that they can't explain that influence them in this life. If it is in fact a previous life's influence upon this one then it is a relation to you though not in what might be called a logical biological relationship as in a mother - father - child relationship / influence. Probably the closest comparison might be that of an adopted or foster child type relationship to a foster family. You have no blood connection but the relationship and influence upon your life and how it affects / effects you is there none the less.

The most significant issue though and perhaps the most damaging I can think of is one could potentially stop living this life they have in pursuit of the life they think or known they once had. That life is done and over with. Yet the life you know have is what lies before you to be lived and experienced. If you forsake this one for the one already lost then both are actually lost and wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by monsnoleedra View Post
    That's part of the issue of past lives though BMH. For many it can be a scape goat to justify any failures in this lifetime. For other's it can be a reason for phobia's or other things that they can't explain that influence them in this life. If it is in fact a previous life's influence upon this one then it is a relation to you though not in what might be called a logical biological relationship as in a mother - father - child relationship / influence. Probably the closest comparison might be that of an adopted or foster child type relationship to a foster family. You have no blood connection but the relationship and influence upon your life and how it affects / effects you is there none the less.

The most significant issue though and perhaps the most damaging I can think of is one could potentially stop living this life they have in pursuit of the life they think or known they once had. That life is done and over with. Yet the life you know have is what lies before you to be lived and experienced. If you forsake this one for the one already lost then both are actually lost and wasted.
    I still don't get it. Can you give me an example monsno? :/
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I still don't get it. Can you give me an example monsno? :/
    There's a couple of possibilities. Consider these.

I am borderline claustrophobic so tight spaces get to me real fast. Now it could be because I was locked in a trunk when I was small. Not only locked in it but according to my parents I was blue and had passed out when they finally found me. Not dead but in distress for certain. But it could also be from that past life memory of being on that S-boat and dying on it. Nothing like being in a small cramped space and not being able to escape it as it sinks and fills with water and you drown. That would be pretty traumatic and would potentially be one heck of an influence on this life if it is in fact a past life memory phobia effecting me. My parents never left me with a baby sitter again, she actually put me in the trunk to run out real quick, after that and it was the second time I nearly died. Both situations pretty traumatic and fairly similar in context, ie trapped, small compartment, running out of air and suffocating with death. So there is the possibility that the trunk actually triggered the past life episode for me and it simply has remained as the stronger sensation.

So that phobia is something I have to deal with during this lifetime. Can tell you it made life interesting considering I actually did ride subs for a bit. Certain area's I avoided like the plague due to being so small, especially if both shoulders touched the sides at the same time. It manifests in other areas as well if it is a tight spot as you might imagine. But you deal with it. You control it or it will control you.

Past life can also be blood memory which is very much a personal influence upon you. As I mentioned higher up I have memories, faded now but somewhat still there, that are my mothers and grandmothers. Yet each series reflective of points in their lives that occurred prior to the births of myself for my mother and my mother for my grandmother. So they are both sort of past life but also in my case feminine memories I have as a male child. Unique? Don't know never really asked anyone else of my relatives if they have anything similar. Not the sort of thing I really ever though about asking anyone else as I grew up outside of my family. Today they are very faint and only come to the forefront of my mind when I start talking and my mother mentions something and I am reminded of it pretty much. But is it a past life or a womb memory?

But for discussion purposes lets use this as an example. Imagine a person who perhaps drowned, or imagined they drowned, in a previous life. In this life they simply can not stand being around water or having it run over their head. The very idea or occurrence / act of having water poured over their head sends them into complete hysterics. They become incapable of functioning in any capacity, even the sound of it causes them issues. They can not go outside for fear it might rain on them. They are incapable of working, functioning in a normal life, anything because of the psychological fear of water and it falling upon or over their head due to having drowned in a previous life. Under that condition that previous life issue becomes a potential scapegoat used as a justification for all their problems, phobias and fears. They can do nothing because they believed they drowned and the association of water over their head is preventing them from doing anything in this life.

Perhaps it was there all along. Perhaps it was something that grew gradually as the person tried to do things and they experienced failure. One failure followed by another, then another, until they began to equate the drowning and water sensation to their failures. Maybe something as minor as not getting a job because they were late for an interview due to it raining. A loss of self esteem in their appearance because a storm messed up their clothes. Someone making fun of them when they were younger at a pool or other activities where water was involved. Things where water became the common factor present when each thing went wrong. Until it tied back into the drowning past life scenario and the sense of failure and water being the scapegoat. Sounds far fetched but it actually does happen.

The other aspect of past life is trying to reclaim or relive it at the expense of your present life. You frequently hear about the famous people who think they are reincarnated kings, queens, famous people and dedicate their lives to being those people they believe they are the reincarnation of. Those usually end up in some facility or under the constant care of a family member who will take legal care and authority for them. The persona they claim to be the reincarnation of so well known that there is no doubt they are "touched" or so other term. That is one extreme of a past life incarnation disorder.

The other though is not quite so extreme but can be just as disrupting to the person current life. That is the person who is so obsessed with a past life and dedicated to the discover and validation of that past life that they commit all their time and energy to proving it. Perhaps even going so far as to claiming parts of it and trying to complete some aspect of it under the guise of unfinished life. They tend not to claim to be some specific king or queen, etc but try to perhaps complete some task or finish some presumed task they were trying to do. Think back if you will to how a former member always claimed she was supposed to marry a royal person as it was her fate from a past life and she needed to fulfill it in this one. She almost stalked via the net the royal family princes, especially William I think it was. She'd get defensive if you called her on it. I use her as an example because I know you'll recall those conversations, or should I hope. If you think about it you'll know who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by monsnoleedra View Post
    There's a couple of possibilities. Consider these.

I am borderline claustrophobic so tight spaces get to me real fast. Now it could be because I was locked in a trunk when I was small. Not only locked in it but according to my parents I was blue and had passed out when they finally found me. Not dead but in distress for certain. But it could also be from that past life memory of being on that S-boat and dying on it. Nothing like being in a small cramped space and not being able to escape it as it sinks and fills with water and you drown. That would be pretty traumatic and would potentially be one heck of an influence on this life if it is in fact a past life memory phobia effecting me. My parents never left me with a baby sitter again, she actually put me in the trunk to run out real quick, after that and it was the second time I nearly died. Both situations pretty traumatic and fairly similar in context, ie trapped, small compartment, running out of air and suffocating with death. So there is the possibility that the trunk actually triggered the past life episode for me and it simply has remained as the stronger sensation.

So that phobia is something I have to deal with during this lifetime. Can tell you it made life interesting considering I actually did ride subs for a bit. Certain area's I avoided like the plague due to being so small, especially if both shoulders touched the sides at the same time. It manifests in other areas as well if it is a tight spot as you might imagine. But you deal with it. You control it or it will control you.

Past life can also be blood memory which is very much a personal influence upon you. As I mentioned higher up I have memories, faded now but somewhat still there, that are my mothers and grandmothers. Yet each series reflective of points in their lives that occurred prior to the births of myself for my mother and my mother for my grandmother. So they are both sort of past life but also in my case feminine memories I have as a male child. Unique? Don't know never really asked anyone else of my relatives if they have anything similar. Not the sort of thing I really ever though about asking anyone else as I grew up outside of my family. Today they are very faint and only come to the forefront of my mind when I start talking and my mother mentions something and I am reminded of it pretty much. But is it a past life or a womb memory?

But for discussion purposes lets use this as an example. Imagine a person who perhaps drowned, or imagined they drowned, in a previous life. In this life they simply can not stand being around water or having it run over their head. The very idea or occurrence / act of having water poured over their head sends them into complete hysterics. They become incapable of functioning in any capacity, even the sound of it causes them issues. They can not go outside for fear it might rain on them. They are incapable of working, functioning in a normal life, anything because of the psychological fear of water and it falling upon or over their head due to having drowned in a previous life. Under that condition that previous life issue becomes a potential scapegoat used as a justification for all their problems, phobias and fears. They can do nothing because they believed they drowned and the association of water over their head is preventing them from doing anything in this life.

Perhaps it was there all along. Perhaps it was something that grew gradually as the person tried to do things and they experienced failure. One failure followed by another, then another, until they began to equate the drowning and water sensation to their failures. Maybe something as minor as not getting a job because they were late for an interview due to it raining. A loss of self esteem in their appearance because a storm messed up their clothes. Someone making fun of them when they were younger at a pool or other activities where water was involved. Things where water became the common factor present when each thing went wrong. Until it tied back into the drowning past life scenario and the sense of failure and water being the scapegoat. Sounds far fetched but it actually does happen.

The other aspect of past life is trying to reclaim or relive it at the expense of your present life. You frequently hear about the famous people who think they are reincarnated kings, queens, famous people and dedicate their lives to being those people they believe they are the reincarnation of. Those usually end up in some facility or under the constant care of a family member who will take legal care and authority for them. The persona they claim to be the reincarnation of so well known that there is no doubt they are "touched" or so other term. That is one extreme of a past life incarnation disorder.

The other though is not quite so extreme but can be just as disrupting to the person current life. That is the person who is so obsessed with a past life and dedicated to the discover and validation of that past life that they commit all their time and energy to proving it. Perhaps even going so far as to claiming parts of it and trying to complete some aspect of it under the guise of unfinished life. They tend not to claim to be some specific king or queen, etc but try to perhaps complete some task or finish some presumed task they were trying to do. Think back if you will to how a former member always claimed she was supposed to marry a royal person as it was her fate from a past life and she needed to fulfill it in this one. She almost stalked via the net the royal family princes, especially William I think it was. She'd get defensive if you called her on it. I use her as an example because I know you'll recall those conversations, or should I hope. If you think about it you'll know who she is.
    I understand a little bit now and I think I know who you're talking about. I'm not going to mention her name.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    To be honest, I don't believe in past lives. I just don't see the connection of focusing another person that doesn't have any relations to me at all.
    Remember relation or family simply means that someone else shares a single strand of the same dna that's all
    Thankfully if you live with these people and are lucky enough to care for each other and so on then all the better
    But the concept of family has no meaning or effect on you as a person... like when you hear people claiming that will be an athlete just because their father was so it must be in their dna makes me giggle.... just in case anyone is curious the past life experience that my patron wanted me to know about has now finally been completed with a bit of help.. as if this life wasn't difficult enough to deal with I now know why she has been trying to get through to me all this time and it makes things even harder, but also a little bit easier. I owe her an awful lot. But time to start moving forward with life and the beautiful partnership she has offered.. But many thanks for all your ideas and perspectives on past lives. This wasn't something I went looking for, it was something that she forced upon me but for very good reason as it turns out..
    Blessings to all
    Last edited by Mjolnir; April 8th, 2017 at 05:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2