Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Astral projection into the physical world

Astral projection into the physical world

Hoping to find someone else some day that has gained this ability as I have recently learned that it was a rare skill that powerful ancient witches apparently had. Obviously there is no recent evidence to prove this. But I have been searching for years to try and find someone else who can do this, I have experienced this twice and with witnesses to attest to it. Any knowledge any witches can give will be greatly appreciated even if it's not personal experience of the same thing. Blessings

That used to be called etheral walking though a few I knew back in the early 1980's also called it shadow projection in the groups I ran with.

Was very closely related to dream walking and the concept of dream walkers as related to medicine practices and shamanic practices for some Native American belief systems. Not to be confused with Skin Walkers or Raven Mockers though, even though it could be seen and perceived as a negative usage depending upon how you employed it.

Basic concept was built around the notion that the spirit realm about the earth was the etheral world where the spirit self, allies and guides, etc and energy moved. Was not the Astral which was believed to be more outside the earthly realm and more celestial or higher in nature. The etheral was also believed to be more "real time" or "now" where the astral could be anytime. The etheral also existed both within the internal mental realm and external upon the physical realm or landscape so one could function within the laws. We also tended to believe it was upon the etheral that one experienced the concepts of Near Death Experiences (N.D.E.) and Out of Body Experience (O.B.E) as they from a shamanic perspective are different from a separation through journey work and traveling the world tree.

Functionality wise we often picked a site or person, used a physical item as a thread connector and projected our spirit to the place. Then you selected a point as an anchor there and pushed your energy to the spot and sort of was like turning an hour glass upside down. The best way I can describe it was where an O.B.E. is often described as falling out of your body this was like sliding into the place and having a sense of going from nothing to going to a sense of weight and mass. Was never very good at it so usually stuck to viewing myself and occasionally trying to move something. When I tried to move I just remember it was very taxing and very stressful for me.

Yet to the person you were going to or if you saw them it was like seeing a ghostly form many times. The degree of "Physical Manifestation" varied from person to person. Never knew anyone that could hold it much beyond maybe a minute at the most but most were only a few seconds at most it seemed and have any really solid forms. Never any audio or verbal manifestations with it, though sometimes your might think you'd hear something in your mind but nothing with your ears.

Most of us gave up on it over time though. As to why we gave up I really can't say other than our group broke up as we were military and never really got back together again. As individuals we did stay in contact for a bit and our individual interests did change and our focus went into other pathways and that particular skill really didn't seem important to any of us. Aspects of it remain, but the actual etheral walking or shadow walking faded away.

Not sure that helped or not but that's what I recall of it and what I am willing to share in public.

It happens when I use magick whether I like it or not and I only appear when it comes to effect. Legally I can only say that the last time was whilst my mother was talking to a guy in the kitchen. Next thing I know I was standing behind them and realised what was happening so I asked them a question to which they gave an answer looking completely confused and I walked past and into thin air again. But I should say that we were both in different countries at the time and moving stuff wasn't any more difficult than my physical, and that I wasn't a shadow or apparition but a complete copy of myself only very bright and This has happened on both occasions that I have used what you would call magick and haven't used it since because of it. I am completely lucid and awake when it comes but it's like having a space open between your eyes that you can send yourself through to apparently do what ever? Even though your aware your body is somewhere else.. I could of course simply believe what my deities and psychics have been trying tell me which answers all and makes sense but would rather not discuss that. Thanks for your help regardless I was aware of how the energy drawing works and having an anchor ect but never considered it during these events.

Curious if you've ever discovered the idea of the King's Tween? You typically won't find to much on the net or even in books and when you do many try to conflate it with the idea of a fetch but it was quite a bit different. I was stationed in Scotland when we discovered the idea and it started us practicing and attempting to understand it. It's a method that's mentioned in other aspects but usually recorded in mythology with rulers or hero's though who "Appear" during situations at various places and times when you know they can not be at all those spots but their people know they were in fact leading or guiding them and appeared before them. Not just appear but fully interact and inspire, and are often said to be surrounded by a glowing aura.

It didn't answer all of our questions and caused more than it answered but it also pushed our minds into some avenues of though that probably bordered on fantasy or insanity. Consider is it possible to create your own doppleganger? Figure two things can't hold the same space but nothing I ever read said they can't hold the same time. Like I said we talked about everything. From a shamanic aspect a soul fragment can be broken off or stop growing due to a traumatic event, yet under the right conditions and training I've been told a fragment with all your skills and knowledge can be projected for short duration's to operate away from your body almost like a servitor but it is always you and you are aware of both of yourselves. But does it manifest in the material? That I do not know.

Is a highly magnetic golden aura ever mentioned in it, this is what surrounds me apparently and it can be viewed from far and wide and was how I appeared to others.. Before this all happened I kept having dreams of a place where I would be walking through the woods and suddenly Being surrounded by evil people who started closing in on me, then I seemed to clutch my hands against my forehead and a huge flash surrounded me, next thing I know 6-10 bodies lay dead and I was picking them up and throwing them into what appeared to be a giant furnace. There seemed to be no weight to them as in 1 hand a whole body felt like a pebble. Then I carried on walking into a clearing with fallen trees and a young woman came climbing over them to me and just as we held each other in our arms I awoke. The weird thing was i looked the same as i do now only - the tattoos and piercings, messages I was receiving up to and after this lead me to believe that this was a past love from a previous life connecting with me and the messages after would attest to that.. Things like this have been happening since I was 15 tho. And I can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced anything like what I have, which started making me think I was going mad, but since the last experiences where others have seen it for themselves I have lost that privilege. Sorry to say but the word hero is starting to piss me off...lol keeps coming up everywhere I look or listen oddly enough.. But thanks for your help anyways, I've never heard of the Kings tween before will try and find out what I can,
    Last edited by Mjolnir; February 22nd, 2017 at 03:31 PM.

Let me preface this with the disclaimer these are my thoughts and beliefs so others may disagree.

Part of what your talking about reminds me of what I refer to as a dragon's ball. It's in part built around the concept of the idea of sacred directions but also the idea of journey work in a shamanic sense. The idea is that the directions are what's before me, what's behind me, what's above me, what's below me, what's above me, what's to the left of me and what's to the right of me and what is centered upon me. That gives you seven points of reference then an eight point would be for where ever you are going and which ever place your going to.

Now the ball is golden in that it is the realm of movement and action and to a degree the physical. If you look to some oriental imagery you will occasionally see the dragon's holding a golden ball or orb though most often they will be depicted holding a whitish pearl which denotes wisdom which for me is reflective of mental and internal energy and movement.

Since the ball is movement and direction you can create a deju vu type scenario or experience a deju vu type event. I could not scientifically prove it but I believe you could potentially also experience multi dimensional possibilities and even meet yourself or experience your alternate self's life and have recall of those cross-over events. Those points where you have memories of things but they are detached from your current life but are so clear and vibrant with the certainty they are yours. Not deja vu in the sense you've lived them before but fragments that you've lived but can't place but know they are yours and go with a current life but somehow don't quite fit right.

Since the dragon ball is a magical creation it would appear to glow about you, almost like an aura that completely envelopes you. I speculate there would be a static charge about you if you move given that when I have tried to cast it and then dropped it I have been shocked when I've touched things. Sort of like the static discharge you get from rubbing clothes and touching someone and they get shocked or your hair seems to stand up on end. But if I cast if for journey work and stay in the same place and then undo the spell sequence in the same place there has been no shock afterwards from things about me. So if I do that type of ritual I know I have to stay in one physical place vice moving though many of my other ceremonies or rituals I do in the woods and do wander about quite a bit as I am "urged" to do so.

Can't say what other's might see it as though. But a golden aura would suggest, well to me anyway, its a crown chakra type thing being involved. That's where you get the golden halo's and aura's from typically though kundalini and the serpent rising is occasionally associated with a golden colored orb or glow about the head or upper body of the person. I known there is a form of kundalini that is crashing where the energy comes crashing down into the body inverted and is supposed to be deadly or destructive but my knowledge of Eastern lore is not that great. But what I do know is it's something like a hammer fall upon the person and an outside person usually has to aide them as its overpowering and destructive as they are not prepared and it sort of is like an energy surge that blows all the circuits out. From a shamanic perspective it's like a brain crusher and breaks or crushers the persons will and mind and can fracture or destroy the spirit.

Off topic perhaps but you said past love but when I read that I keep hearing self love from a past life. Sort of To thy own self be true

Thanks for your help, at least I have someone elses idea on why I have been appearing in the places where magic that I have used comes to effect, it's obviously linked to spell use as it's happened both times now first time was literally 2hours after I appeared just as the spell worked the 2nd was the afternoon the next day,and because of my family friend and my mum getting freaked out by it I haven't used magick since. Don't know what my own opinion is as you can imagine it's a lot to comprehend. Even when I met my patron goddess I was told that the way I met her wasn't normal as all I did was close my eyes and after a few seconds I was taken to her land, it was visually amazing I have to say. Best way to describe it was like a movie being played using the darkness when you close your eyes as a cinema screen. And it was a bit of a chore trying to find out where and who these beings were when you have no knowledge of mythology and your going just on description, but eventually I met someone who was able to tell me who it was and when I read up on her it was exactly what i had described, so I knew it was for real at that moment as i had never even heard of this person. Regardless of what happened from then on in I will always feel blessed just for that experience alone.. And I have grown closer to her then any other even my own family. I have often read about people becoming so close with there deities that even sex with them happens whether it be through some sort of trance or during dreams, so maybe this was just my soul being taken to her land during dreams. But the messages I was getting suggest that I had at least lived and died before and spent at least some amount of time in her place before being reborn, could it just be I was someone she felt very close with whilst in her place before being reborn? But I can say that the relationship I have with her is almost the opposite of what others have with her.

Have you ever heard of scrying upon the third eye? Basically you close your eyes and you imagine your sitting in front of a blank movie screen and then let the images play upon the screen before your eyes but it's all occurring upon the darkness behind your closed eyelids. For reference the area feels like it's located right between the eyes and often just above them at the bridge of the nose or slightly higher with a pulsing sensation. Many times it starts out in black and white or even shades of gray with hues of gray the only differences. Yet at times the effect / affect goes into color and it's not unusual to find you sort of fall into the show and actually become part of the events. It's not like lucid dreaming for your not dreaming and are fully aware your scrying and you don't take control over it. Yet it's more 3d in that many times you can change vantage points and observation points, at times even changing your shape and / or species. From my perspective as a shamanic type practitioner you can shape shift or shift shape.

Regarding sex with ones divinity that is rather common in many shamanic type practices. Many refer to it as a shamanic spouse situation, with the spouse being a divinity, a guide or allie, sometimes a unborn human spirit or even a deceased spouse. In some cases the spirit spouse can be truly controlling and demand the devote be bound and faithful to them only and forsake any and all human companions. In other cases the spirit spouse may share the living practitioner but demand that on certain days or during certain periods they refrain from contact with the living spouse / partner. Then of course you have the spirit spouse that simply acknowledges the human spouse has their rights in the human world and the spirit spouse has their rights in the spirit world and the practitioner is wed to both at the same time. There may or may not be formal ritual weddings and bonding / binding ceremonies or sexual unions that join and mark "claiming" of the practitioner by the divinity / spirit / daemon / etc. Of course much of it depending upon the nature of the particular entity in question. Some claim by blood rite, some claim by ritual dismemberment and rebuilding, some by sexual union and marking. Some will use all of those depending upon which persona aspect they approach you with.

Just my personal opinion but I find as a male my relationship is very different from most others with the goddesses I am blood bound to. Doesn't matter whether they be male or female I've only encountered a few who've had anything remotely similar experience wise. It's like nearly every person I know that follows a shamanic influenced pathway claims to be a healer, I don't, I walked the path of a warrior and was called to different magics and influences. Not right, not wrong, just different callings with different expectations from those that called to us and what they expect of us or ask of us.

I was aware of scrying yes but only after research which was seems to use obsidian mirrors mainly but sometimes water. Happened very fast as soon as i closed my eyes she was waiting, but leading up to this there was many incidents that pushed me into the pagan that had been happening since I was 15. 2 of the events left both me and the 2 people I was along with running and screaming, these experiences happened 15 years ago and 7 years ago. So long before I found out who she was she already desperately trying to reach me, maybe she is just a goddess that likes me a lot. Maybe it's her that is enabling me to do this. I used the runes to ask her questions often after being sent a message i didn't believe and even that seems to say exactly the same messages she sends, and still doesn't explain why I seem to be able to project myself through my 3rd eye to different places and maintain physical and visible presence.

Mirrors and water are common things for scrying. Using black or dark blue ink in water is also a common method for scrying as is a moon upon a dark and still water surface. I know for Hekate I find a heavy shifting fog or a smoke from the coals of a fire are both good scrying surfaces for getting signs from her, sometimes from Artemis though clouds across the face of the moon work really well for me with her as well. Other's may disagree but I find the soapy film on the surface of a hot bath when the warm currents are moving it around can be a good scrying surface as well as a portal opening.

Have to admit though water is my birth element and primary element so I have a lot of success and connection to it. As such it plays a big role in many aspects of my practice and influences when I do things or where I do things. I bring that up as something you might ponder or think about when you analyze your own situation. It's like many times I connect strongly with people who are connected to fire which elemental wise is a cross element from me vice people who are connected to earth or air which are side elements. Yet fire is also the second strongest calling element for me. Not to rule out the other elements or their placement as I believe it changes based upon our geological placement upon the earth. For instance geological placement for me is water is to the east, fire to the south, air to the north and land to the west.

But sometimes I think it does influences how we perceive the divine and especially the daemons about us who are sent by them. I should add I use daemon is the sense that the early Hellene's (Greek's) used the word not the later Christian version of Demon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast