Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Astral projection into the physical world

It was like the roof opened up to show the stars, then I was travelling through them into a type of hole. When it stopped I was in a cave facing a huge skeletal woman who smiled and let me pass where I first met her highness. I have also met a lady called frigga but as to what she was doing in hels Kingdom I have no idea....
    Either way she has been very generous with her gifts if this projection skill is from her that is, Shame we don't have any true psychics on here that could read me like the last 1 I visited... She has become everything to me. So maybe these are just gifts but if so why none of her other followers and why has she been with me since I was born.

My Nordic and Teutonic mythology is not that up to date. Yet it sounds like you met a Jotunn initially which makes me wonder if your goddess is not one of the Vanir goddesses. Especially with the association of being in a cavern as I seem to recall the Vanir were the earthly gods / goddesses associated with fertility, death, etc or things we might equate with the chthonic spectrum. A cavern would seem to suggest an earthly connection, well to me anyway. But a cavern also suggests a fertility or rebirth connection or possibility some type of initiation / transition progression. The Aesir were more celestial if I recall correctly though Asgard was one of the nine realms with earth being Midgard if I recall correctly.

The Nordic pantheon never really spoke to me though while I was stationed in Scotland I used to dream of Freyja. I still hold a slight interest in her but it's never been as strong as it was back then though I've always wonder about it.

Regarding true psychics that one is sort of iffy. If you judge a psychic to be true simply because they could read you then that's a pretty narrow truth. It also sort of presumes reading you is all they care to do to be called a true psychic for many I know they wouldn't be bothered trying to read you as it's not life or death nor going to change anything. All of this is your life path and discovery and its up to you to discover it though they might aide you if they are guided to do so or feel compelled in some way. Am I a psychic? Some say so but I don't bother to read others for the most part for the simple truth, most will not acknowledge the truth of what you say. Some from shame, some from anger, some from any number of reasons, some simply because they haven't even experienced what you've seen about them as a psychic yet or enough to put it together. That doesn't even rule out the fact that as a psychic the imagery and words the psychic uses doesn't mean they will be ones the person being read will understand or relate to but they are valid. Being psychic doesn't mean you have a vocabulary and symbology that is different in a spiritual sense that is different from your everyday usage, you use the same knowledge to convey the same information. Just like a person who channels never really introduces new concepts or revelations they use their own vocabulary and knowledge. Even cold readers who make a living off of probing and asking leading questions to dig for information use their own words until their subject revels key words for them or imagery and symbols.

Your final sentence says she has been with you since you were born. Yet when did she claim you? Please don't take this wrongly but I'm willing to bet the psychic told you she's been with you since you were born. But again when did she claim you?

It's like Artemis has watched me since birth. Yet she didn't claim me till I was of age and was walking along a mountain path by myself basically. I got ahead of my family and came to a blind in a trail where I was hidden from everyone. A deer came up to me and was almost nose to nose. We stood there looking at each other and I heard a woman's voice "I am Artemis and you are mine!" Was it out loud or in my head? I really do not know even to this day. How long I stood there can't answer that either. A second, a minute, heck maybe even a few minutes before some kids came running around the rocks and the deer took off. Yet in that time she left no doubt she claimed me. Think I was 7 maybe 8 years old when that happened, maybe a bit older.

From a shamanic perspective where all chosen by a spirit, god / goddess, daemon at birth and watched over. That's pretty normal, in some capacity they even aide our spirits in being born. But that doesn't mean they claim us or test us once we have been breathed into life. I died at 1 year of age. From a shamanic perspective that was my physical death and the spirits marking me and claiming me, others have claimed that was also Hekate marking me and claiming me, perhaps even Artemis marking me in her chthonic persona. I would come close to death more than a few times after that through sickness or even should have been somewhere only to have grandparents refuse to allow me to go. For instance my parents went out with friends and I should have gone but my grandparents absolutely refused to allow me to go at last minute. They were in a wreck and my car-seat was compacted under the passenger seat, I would have died instantly had I gone. Fate? Perhaps but some of my relatives said it was my ancestors and the Spirits stepping in as I was claimed.

So when were you claimed? Because all the testing and teaching starts after your claimed. In my experience your marked, then your 1st tested, then your chosen or claimed, then your 2nd tested and taught then it becomes a cycle of testing and teaching. Them being present at birth doesn't even count in that cycle. The fact you can be basically dropped from the program and simply live a normal life at any point doesn't seem to factor in either from what I can tell, or never even start the program based upon what I've observed in some people. As to the rules of the program or its content some times I think it's group passed and focused other times I think it's individual focused. For it seems there are days where it seems every one I speak to is going through the same scenario, and other days where no one is doing anything remotely similar to what I was subjected to.

Sorry went off on a tangent there.

my patron is Hel sorry I forgot to say, that was who I met after mordgud let me pass in the cave. But 1 of the first questions I had for her was about an experience from when I was 15 beside a river with 2 friends that left us running and screaming and it turned out that was her first coming to claim me. As for the psychic she knew about parts of my life that only I knew of. Also knew of a dark entity surrounding me that was constantly sending negative energy at me which turned out to be loki. That's what she has been protecting me from apparently hes jealous of me which I certainly don't understand because your life would have to be pretty bad to be jealous of mine.

A river would make sense as it's often seen as a liminal place but also at times a gateway between the land of the living and the land of the dead. Especially if there is any connection with an association with some sort of cave, well or spring associated with it or in close area to it. Not specifically the river itself but the shoreline as it's neither water nor earth but a transition place and in many places is also a place of death and decay as well as birth and purification though people really do not think about that.

I am curious though ever wonder what might have happened had you been by the river alone? I recall Hekate coming to me when I was with some friends scared the hell out of us. Afterwards in journey work she asked me why I was afraid. When I truly though about it I was not afraid because of the atmosphere and events taking shape I was afraid because those with me were afraid and felt I had to be because they were. We feed off of each other's energy and fear and simply magnified what our imaginations were seeing and thinking and created monsters out of the mists and fog. Not saying that is what you did or even inferring it just relating an example.

As an aside though here but water is also a projector surface. Send a light beam into it at the right angle and it will turn back upwards as it bends but never straight back up. In that regard it's almost like a crystal surface though night quite as faceted. But imagine if your projecting your energy as a reflection off its surface. For some reason I seem to recall parts of Helheim are ice and water and are pretty crystalized. Sorry mind sort of wandering.

Hel is one I do not know that much about except surface information. That being in some lore she is a Jotunn and daughter of Loki, in other lore I've read she is an older Vanir and associated with Nature personified / personalized itself and is also called Frau Hollie. Depicted in some places as a young woman on one side and an older woman on the other side, a living woman on one side and a corpse and / or skeleton on the other, some as a beautiful woman on her upper half and a skeleton on her lower half of her body, some depictions as a white woman on one side and a blue or black colored woman on the other side of her body. I think the Norse saw her as someone best to avoid and harmful at best while others saw her as not baneful but sometimes sympathetic but like nature in that she could be beneficial but could also be destructive. Myself I really do not know figure no divinity is good or bad as those are more human constructs and morality and derived from deciding whether an action benefits or harms the person who is receiving it.

Loki I've never considered to be evil, a trickster for certain but never evil. Even in his lore he's not really doing evil things but pulling tricks on people that cause things to happen. As a trickster one role is to make you look at situations and often from perspectives you'd not want to but in such a way you can't avoid it. But also by making mockery of you and your attempts to avoid doing so and how pitiful we look when we try. In that regard they are like the court jesters of old who made mockery of civilization and all it's values but especially so called hero's and famous people. There's an old 1950's movie titled IVANHOE that has a scene where the Jester is used to make mockery about the Saxon and Norman political rift during the rule of Prince John while Richard the Lionheart is away. He basically slams both sides and calls them fools but is allowed to do so because he is the fool or jester and is expected to do so in his role as the trickster.

If I knew what I know now I wouldnt have run but when your 15 and something comes walking through the river towards you but there's simply no physical form you run..lol or garden lights being lifted out of the ground and moving towards you that one was weird was beside a lake again whilst with 2 mates on motorbikes at 12pm. I haven't told them what found out because they don't even think there are such things as magick or deities, although they all remember the events like they were yesterday.. hel has come to me in a dark grey cloak with silvery twinkling skin, in a dress made of glass when she's angry with me, and as a young woman. I guess there could be plenty of people that have intense relationships with their deities and had things weird stuff happen to and just not realise what's going on... at the time we all just thought it was ghosts..I can also assure people that if she takes hold of human skin it burns like fire leaving blisters that last for months.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; February 23rd, 2017 at 05:29 PM.

Just a curiosity though but have you ever tried to speak to her while sitting in water? If she approached you from a river and then again from a lake I wonder if it could be a baptism type scenario your looking at. Granted that is more of a Christian term and concept but it's also a purification concept and is found in a number of pagan / heathen practices prior to contact between a devotee and a god / goddess. Definitely not an uncommon procedure when a Sybil or Pythia was to be ridden or infused by their god / goddess and receive oracles or divination's. From some of the edda's and saga's I'd say it's fairly common regarding contact between gods / goddesses and chosen ones whether they be priests or priestess or heroes. Not specifically the divinity coming through water but bathing and purification through water.

Sort of curiosity question I suppose but I seem to recall in Norse mythology and belief each person has a Fetch or Flygja that looks like them and is sort of like their spirit self or an animal that is reflective of them. I wonder if you could be projecting your fetch and retain a connection to it that allows you to see and feel what it see's and feel's when it is projected? Since it is by some accounts divine or spiritual energy it could be surrounded in a golden halo or aura though I do not know how far from the body such an aura would extend. Being still alive it would not be like an apparition. Sort of like I think it's Lord Nelson's apparition that is supposed to have appeared at his home during his death during the Battle of Trafalgar. Yet his apparition was life like and people though he was actually there but no aura is mentioned due to his having actually died during the battle.

I have been getting messages such as...lets go down to the waters edge and we can cast away those doubts.. and after the war we said we would fight together.. which got me thinking again about past existence again.. When I first welcomed her during a ritual even though I didn't know who to expect at the time she became almost like an excited child and said at Last your here with me this is like a dream.. When i here your voice it sounds like home ect. This is all completely out of character for a deity such as herself according to those that work with her.. Strangly the first time I saw her she was in her half dead half alive form I'm not embarrassed to say that I fell in love with her at that moment but next day she sent a message saying when your shadow crossed mine it brought me to life no longer half alive... when I met her in my dreams the next night she was in the form of a beautiful young woman.. But I will visit the lake where I first met her 15 years ago shortly and see what happens.. The runes kept telling me that I would be entering a partnership with the feminine nature.. And something about inheriting inner gifts and a joyful obligation to a larger group. Maybe this was about entering into a journey with the norse with hel by my side...
    Last edited by Mjolnir; February 24th, 2017 at 07:57 AM.

That's an interesting comment...after the war we would fight together. Wonder what war that was? Don't know why but my gut feeling is WWI and your a nurse but that's just a gut feeling, the first words that popped into my head was Great War. Sorry was there so figured I'd write it out, who knows. Perhaps serving on a hospital ship, Olympic or Britannic, not lost on either of them but both names pop into my head along with the great war and a nurse. Don't might mean something to you.

One thing I've discovered over the years is there is no set one way for any entity to work with people. Each will interact with those they chose in what ever manner they desire. It's like I hold a degree in history and sociology and my professor's would say take a class of 100 people and 99 percent will turn in papers on the same subject material each class. Yet that other 1 percent will always be completely different and so far removed from the norm you never know what they will select as subject material for their research projects. Yet on the surface that 1 percent looks the same, acts the same, sounds the same but what ever it is that motivates them is different and the result is different. So why shouldn't it be similar with our interactions with the divine? 99 percent will have similar interactions and receive similar returns but that 1 percent will be different and nothing like the 99 percent. Ironically the 99 percent will never understand either because they are not motivated nor stimulated in the same manner or challenged in the same manner. Not even talking about so called crystal children, indigo children, or of the other special children categories that pop up in the pagan community forums or otherkin or therion thropes.

The only thing I'd advise is don't just read the Norse mythology about her but also read the Teutonic, Scandinavian, Icelandic, etc. I know she is recognized under a few different names and perhaps conflated with a few different goddesses. I seem to recall the Scandinavian lore is more Vanir in orientation and nature oriented than focused towards the Aesir like the Nordic stuff. Some of the Germanic and Teutonic stuff is also reflected in the Icelandic stuff and crosses over into similar stories such as The Volsunga Saga and Nibelungenlied (The Song of the Nibelungs) is pretty much the same series of stories though one is Iceland and the other Germanic. She might even cross into the Saxon stories of Scotland and England though I can't think of them off the top of my head, but I do vaguely recall she does cross into some Slavic lore as Frau Hollie the winter queen / death queen. If I recall correctly she might even be the source / inspiration for The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson. Which used some of her lore and Danish mythology to build the story with some artistic freedom.

One thing I've discovered researching my gods & goddesses is sometimes you have to look in the oddest places.

Maybe a soldier from a war that died, but there's no doubt that we have a special relationship. Just wish I knew for certain why that is, after some dangerous events that took place recently she said.. I'm so glad your okay, guess we make a good team after all....that's where the confusion comes in because everyone else talks of her in the opposite to what we have...

That difference might be why you need to research the different persona's she takes. For example Hekate is almost unknown in her persona that is associated with the seas and ocean's yet it is one aspect I know her in and have only met one other person that has a relationship with her in that persona. So when I speak of that persona most tend to say that is not her and not how they know her so I must be wrong yet it is a part of her lore. For me personally it didn't matter that they didn't except it but for that other person it mattered greatly to them that they found someone else who recognized that persona and had experience with it.

As to why we were opposite I discovered it probably originated because we tended to rely on source material that was typically not used by pagans. We used material that was academic in nature or pertained to interest that were far from mythological or religious in nature. I found some information dealing with Hekate and her ocean / sea connection on ancient coins for instance and where she had been conflated with Artemis with regards to fishing. Not typically areas that would be included in your typical pagan 101 books about Greek gods & goddesses for paganism.

But I also admit I tend to have somewhat of a Recon influence in my practice which makes me dig into anything I can get my hands on that might give me clues. May not incorporate a strict recon approach in my practice or how I view things but it's nice information I think in understanding things.

I sometimes think though none of us will ever know why a particular god / goddess or daemon chooses us or holds a higher interest in us. Sometimes that added interest can be good, other times it can be bad or dangerous, it all depends. One thing I do think is for certain though by being chosen or selected it's a series of what if's and question's that are placed before you. Then it is up to you to pursue the challenge and try to solve the questions and answer the what if's and the follow on question's they lead to or ignore them. Sometimes you'll be allowed to ignore them and continue on with life, other times, you'll be given a second or third chance with a potential punishment for ignoring them and reward for continuing or continual punishment until you do accept that it's a series of lessons and test's. But like a favorite student in class the instructor often holds the favorite to a higher standard and expects more of them and is less forgiving when the falter or stall. But also gives harder and harder work because they have faith they can do it, even at the expense of their favorite student at times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast