Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm Disabled And I'm Proud Of It

I'm Disabled And I'm Proud Of It

Hey everybody. Some of you may or may not know me by now. I've been diagnosed with ADHD and Autism since I was 3 years old. And I'm going to say this I'm proud of being disabled. I know many of you don't feel the same way of your disability but I'm speaking for myself. With disability I can do anything such as get my SSDI check every month, I don't have to fight the military, I don't have to go to jury duty. Being disabled is great.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Sad BMH, all the things your bragging about are the very things used as justification for eugenics, forced sterilization, discrimination or other things against disabled people. Discrimination that is color blind, gender blind, age blind, blind to nearly everything except the idea of those who are disabled being useless and worthless to society and a drain upon it. Things that make the everyday life of disabled people a pain because people see them as leeches on society who take and give nothing back.

Wonder what you'd do if the US went back to social security only going to those who worked and paid into it. SSDI didn't always exist and get paid to people with disabilities or inability to work. Sorry ADHD and Autism is not an automatic exclusion from being drafted into the military either. Right now no draft but were it to get bad enough neither of those would be good enough to keep you out, Ground pounder is ground pounder and foodler for the cannon, Vietnam and Korea proved that. As to jury duty maybe just your area maybe not, depends upon a lot of things.

Disabled is great. Hm, seem to recall you still live with someone else and not on your own. Wonder how great you'd think it was if you actually had to carry the load fully yourself? Lots of things are great when someone else takes care of nearly everything and shoulders most of the responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by monsnoleedra View Post
    Sad BMH, all the things your bragging about are the very things used as justification for eugenics, forced sterilization, discrimination or other things against disabled people. Discrimination that is color blind, gender blind, age blind, blind to nearly everything except the idea of those who are disabled being useless and worthless to society and a drain upon it. Things that make the everyday life of disabled people a pain because people see them as leeches on society who take and give nothing back.

Wonder what you'd do if the US went back to social security only going to those who worked and paid into it. SSDI didn't always exist and get paid to people with disabilities or inability to work. Sorry ADHD and Autism is not an automatic exclusion from being drafted into the military either. Right now no draft but were it to get bad enough neither of those would be good enough to keep you out, Ground pounder is ground pounder and foodler for the cannon, Vietnam and Korea proved that. As to jury duty maybe just your area maybe not, depends upon a lot of things.

Disabled is great. Hm, seem to recall you still live with someone else and not on your own. Wonder how great you'd think it was if you actually had to carry the load fully yourself? Lots of things are great when someone else takes care of nearly everything and shoulders most of the responsibilities.
    Yes it is ADHD and Autism is still an exclusion from the military. I know that you still been to the military before but you should know that all disabled are exempt to go to the military.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yes it is ADHD and Autism is still an exclusion from the military. I know that you still been to the military before but you should know that all disabled are exempt to go to the military.
    I served with people that were diagnosed with both. It all depends on meds the person is on or has used in the past, what the status is, what the needs of the military and nation are at the time. Right now the need is low so the exclusion is there, if the need changes then the exclusion can and potentially will change. Autism still figures as to where on the specturm even though that keeps getting changed by the medical books.

If the need comes then the requirements change, its that simple. The main thing that would keep you out is age and time more so than disability. Likelyhood of something happening to cause a draft like situation and extreme increase in manpower is sim but potentially is always there. Yet the clock keeps ticking and you get older which makes you less likely to be drafted as younger people would be drafted ahead of you though a volunteer cycle would probably be called for first. But even CO's would still be called though they'd be draft dodgers or pushed into other things such as smoke jumpers for instance.

Sorry BMH, claiming disability and such only goes so far and is not as great as your trying to paint it as being. It doesn't get you out of doing civic duties and responsibilities unless it's really severe and normally ADHD and many forms of autism simply do not meet that requirement. It's not extreme SPD, EM, TMR, MD, TBI, ED. Heck been awhile but ADHD is a basic 504 as far as federal rec goes and Autism depends upon where your at on the spectrum as to what it's classification is. That determines whether your low, medium or high function autism though I honestly do not recall all of the categories now as I haven't messed with it in the last 4 years since I left the school system and know the rating scale has been adjusted somewhat.

Well I'm high function so that means I'm still off the hook.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Hey everybody. Some of you may or may not know me by now. I've been diagnosed with ADHD and Autism since I was 3 years old. And I'm going to say this I'm proud of being disabled. I know many of you don't feel the same way of your disability but I'm speaking for myself. With disability I can do anything such as get my SSDI check every month, I don't have to fight the military...
    You list your location as New York. The odds of the US enacting the draft without an existential threat in the near future are slim to none. The odds of the US facing an existential threat that does not come in cans of highly concentrated sunshine (i.e. nukes) are slim to none. The odds of current draft regulations being enforced in event of nuclear war vs "holy shit, half our population is dead and our infrastructure is shot to hell, every able-bodied adult is being put to work on something as of yesterday" are slim.

TLDR, you weren't gonna be drafted anyway in any likely course of events and in unlikely courses of events, you'll be drafted regardless because your body works and we'll need the manpower.

Well I'm high function so that means I'm still off the hook.
    Heck BMH your trying to make me recall things from years ago now. If I recall correctly high function places you up near an asphburgers (sp) setting which meant you could function within a normal environment with limitations vice say a low order autistic where change is almost catastrophic and causes a melt down. But I understand the autism spectrum has been revamped somewhat so asphburgers (sp) as a high function has been removed so its just autism but the independent aspect of it is now removed.

But again your status of being on or off the hook is driven by need. Right now there is not a need so your off the hook as it were. Yet if the need were to arise then your status would be in doubt. Education, disability, age, any number of factors are changed as need dictates. Disabled by classification has shifted before and would shift again if need demanded.

So no your disability is not what is getting you off the hook, demand or lack there of right now is what is getting you off the hook. Historically your type of disability has not been a limitation to service.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledMystran View Post
    You list your location as New York. The odds of the US enacting the draft without an existential threat in the near future are slim to none. The odds of the US facing an existential threat that does not come in cans of highly concentrated sunshine (i.e. nukes) are slim to none. The odds of current draft regulations being enforced in event of nuclear war vs "holy shit, half our population is dead and our infrastructure is shot to hell, every able-bodied adult is being put to work on something as of yesterday" are slim.

TLDR, you weren't gonna be drafted anyway in any likely course of events and in unlikely courses of events, you'll be drafted regardless because your body works and we'll need the manpower.
    Then I don't have anything to worry about.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Have you read some of the previous posts made by this person? Clearly we should be following others and not waste our time even replying which is what my intuition is telling me, I suggest the same for you monsnoleedra as your insights are clearly wasted on people like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Have you read some of the previous posts made by this person? Clearly we should be following others and not waste our time even replying which is what my intuition is telling me, I suggest the same for you monsnoleedra as your insights are clearly wasted on people like this...
    Yes I read the whole post.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast