Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm Disabled And I'm Proud Of It

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Have you read some of the previous posts made by this person? Clearly we should be following others and not waste our time even replying which is what my intuition is telling me, I suggest the same for you monsnoleedra as your insights are clearly wasted on people like this...
    I have time to kill and that particular point drew my attention. It may not be the most effective use of time but when my goal is to kill an hour or two before getting some sleep and I don't necessarily feel like starting up a game, random arguments work.

Being disabled is not great. My husband is disabled and he would give just about anything not to be. I am the primary earner, he is alone all day while I am at work. He is depressed because of his pain and his inability to earn money as he used to. I'm happy for you that you find your life and situation satisfying but a blanket statement like that is actually false. Being disabled is most certainly not great for many people.
    "...You are a child of the universe;
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be..."

'Desiderata' Max Ehrmann 1927

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Hey everybody. Some of you may or may not know me by now. I've been diagnosed with ADHD and Autism since I was 3 years old. And I'm going to say this I'm proud of being disabled. I know many of you don't feel the same way of your disability but I'm speaking for myself. With disability I can do anything such as get my SSDI check every month, I don't have to fight the military, I don't have to go to jury duty. Being disabled is great.
    pretty much what Monsno and EponCapill said. also you do know that the GOP is looking to either gut or make it stricter to get SSDI. right now you are lucky as they are concentrating other things.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Have you read some of the previous posts made by this person? Clearly we should be following others and not waste our time even replying which is what my intuition is telling me, I suggest the same for you monsnoleedra as your insights are clearly wasted on people like this...
    I've known BMH on this board and other's for a number of years. He can be seen as childish and pretty naive most of the time but generally he's ok. Takes time but you can even get through to him and influence how he see's things or comprehends and relates to them. Won't say it changes his perspective about it but it does make him at least look at it and at times does in fact change things. Ironically at times he's also the greatest challenge you'll ever face as a pagan / heathen for he can ask questions that come from a child's perspective but takes everything you know to answer. I say everything for you can't use blanket assumption which is so often presumed on pagan / heathen forums in regards to what you expect others to already know. In many ways BMH is a contrary which is a test of ones understanding and patience.

I admit BMH does go overboard in my opinion with somethings. Even contraries can be to much to focus upon all the time. I tend to stay out of his tarot threads as I simply do not have an interest in them. I find the questions and purpose for them to be hubris and vain more often than not.

I do not know about following others to be honest. I really do not follow anyone but respond as things compel be to do so. Sometimes it is my guides that do the compelling, sometimes it might be one of the divinities I am bound to or one of their avatars, heck at times I swear it might be as simple as one of the local land spirits who read over my shoulder and take an interest I think. Realistically I might read a thread a hundred times and nothing then the hundred and first time and suddenly I have to write a book in response. But then I suppose that is the shamanic influence on how things works for me. Heck it could be as simple as my personality is an ISTJ which means I am an introvert, sensing, thinking and judgmental which means I do nearly everything inside then suddenly it pushes out and I act upon it.

He can count himself lucky he doesn't have a disability that really impacts life... can't imagine many war heroes thinking it's great that they have lost their legs and arms and can no longer look after themselves let alone their families..

He can count himself lucky he doesn't have a disability that really impacts life... can't imagine many war heroes thinking it's great that they have lost their legs and arms and can no longer look after themselves let alone their families..
    It's sad but in many ways I don't think BMH can fully empathize with their plight. Be sympathetic, yes he can do that but to be truly empathizing that I do not think he can do. But it's not just war heroes that sacrifice their bodies when you stop to consider how many public servants who've given life and limb to save lives. Heck seen more than a few good samaritan's who've lost life and limb stopping to aid or assist others. Not even counting those injured during the normal course of their jobs for one reason or another that are major injuries and have left them severely disabled.

Agree, that was just 1 situation that came to mind..

Quote Originally Posted by EponaCapaill View Post
    Being disabled is not great. My husband is disabled and he would give just about anything not to be. I am the primary earner, he is alone all day while I am at work. He is depressed because of his pain and his inability to earn money as he used to. I'm happy for you that you find your life and situation satisfying but a blanket statement like that is actually false. Being disabled is most certainly not great for many people.
    Well I'm sorry to hear that.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Let's see here...

I have a myriad - a diverse amount - of health issues, starting with occipital neuralgia, which is compressed and deformed nerves around my skull. It also means I am in pain 24/7 and when I say I have a headache, it's worse than normal. It is extremely debilitating, and means I can be flat on my back for a week or more when it flares up full force. I've had it since I was a child, and it gets worse with stress. Hence why I am under doctor's orders to remain as stress free as possible.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of laying down whenever a flare up hits me, I have an autistic child who needs my constant supervision... My husband works long hours at a low paying job he HATES because I can't work outside of the house. He's rarely home. So I'm in charge most of the time.

I also have carpal tunnel syndrome, which is compressed and damaged nerves in both of my hands. It is a repetitive stress injury, it started when I first became a secretary back in 1996... And has only gotten progressively worse since. I've had both hands operated on, and it came back after three years. I will need more surgery on the hands but that won't be for a while. Keep in mind I am a published author. I wrote through the pain, and I am *STILL* writing through it even with the numbness, the tingling and everything else associated with it.

I have anxiety attacks, and depression too.

I'm also a carrier for the ADHD/Tourette/OCD gene, it's on one of my X chromosomes. I show symptoms for all of them but don't have any. That is more annoying than anything.

I suffer from anemia most of the time, my iron stores are very low and only stay up when I'm taking an iron supplement. Again, I do not have the luxury of laying down when I want, due to having an autistic child.

I found out I had inherited my father's type II diabetes as well, and that makes me feel awful even when my A1C hemoglobin glucose is pretty much normal and I'm losing weight. It is connected to the anemia so if my iron is low, it affects my glucose big time.

I have allergies over the fence. I can't smell flowers any more without choking up, or use scented detergents. This is from smoking heavily for over 20 years. It hasn't eased a bit since I quit either, it's getting worse. I'm borderline asthmatic.

I'm on more prescriptions than there are grains of sand on my favorite beach....... Yet you don't see me bragging about how "proud" I am to be disabled.

I have two siblings who claim they are "disabled" yet I have more wrong with one pinkie finger than the two of them put together.

Yet who is the one working their a$$ off, trying to do something right with her life?

It's certainly *not* my lazy and useless siblings, I can assure you of that.

*walks away*
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    Let's see here...

I have a myriad - a diverse amount - of health issues, starting with occipital neuralgia, which is compressed and deformed nerves around my skull. It also means I am in pain 24/7 and when I say I have a headache, it's worse than normal. It is extremely debilitating, and means I can be flat on my back for a week or more when it flares up full force. I've had it since I was a child, and it gets worse with stress. Hence why I am under doctor's orders to remain as stress free as possible.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of laying down whenever a flare up hits me, I have an autistic child who needs my constant supervision... My husband works long hours at a low paying job he HATES because I can't work outside of the house. He's rarely home. So I'm in charge most of the time.

I also have carpal tunnel syndrome, which is compressed and damaged nerves in both of my hands. It is a repetitive stress injury, it started when I first became a secretary back in 1996... And has only gotten progressively worse since. I've had both hands operated on, and it came back after three years. I will need more surgery on the hands but that won't be for a while. Keep in mind I am a published author. I wrote through the pain, and I am *STILL* writing through it even with the numbness, the tingling and everything else associated with it.

I have anxiety attacks, and depression too.

I'm also a carrier for the ADHD/Tourette/OCD gene, it's on one of my X chromosomes. I show symptoms for all of them but don't have any. That is more annoying than anything.

I suffer from anemia most of the time, my iron stores are very low and only stay up when I'm taking an iron supplement. Again, I do not have the luxury of laying down when I want, due to having an autistic child.

I found out I had inherited my father's type II diabetes as well, and that makes me feel awful even when my A1C hemoglobin glucose is pretty much normal and I'm losing weight. It is connected to the anemia so if my iron is low, it affects my glucose big time.

I have allergies over the fence. I can't smell flowers any more without choking up, or use scented detergents. This is from smoking heavily for over 20 years. It hasn't eased a bit since I quit either, it's getting worse. I'm borderline asthmatic.

I'm on more prescriptions than there are grains of sand on my favorite beach....... Yet you don't see me bragging about how "proud" I am to be disabled.

I have two siblings who claim they are "disabled" yet I have more wrong with one pinkie finger than the two of them put together.

Yet who is the one working their a$$ off, trying to do something right with her life?

It's certainly *not* my lazy and useless siblings, I can assure you of that.

*walks away*
    Ouch!
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast