Thread: Crash Course: Mythology

Crash Course: Mythology

For those of you who don't know Crash Course is a YouTube channel with playlists and series teaching everything from Anatomy and Physiology to Computer Science to one of there new ones... Mythology.

I am a first year high school teacher of Anatomy and Physiology so that is what introduced me to Crash Course, but the new one is also very interesting and why I wanted to post about it here. Now these are meant to accompany people studying college courses so it takes an almost clinical view of mythology (including christian mythology). some people may be uncomfortable with the idea but if you are not one of those people I find it very cool and wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dvJytS-F-xGi7_

They have just gotten into specific Pantheons doing Ancient Mediterranean and Indian pantheons. if you already know a lot about these pantheons (or any of the other videos for that mater) and want to discus them here I think that could be very interesting as we are active believers in these myths and religions that many may consider ancient and no longer active (not including India though, that is very very much alive and active)
    神の恵みと祖先の恩とに感謝し
    明き清きまことをもって祭しにいそしむこと。

Kami no megumi to sosen no on to ni kanshashi
    Akaki kiyoki makoto o motte saishi ni isoshimu koto.

I am grateful for the blessings of the kami and my ancestors
    And will practice my faith with brightness, purity, and sincerity.

敬神生活の綱領
    Keishin seikatsu no koryo
    Commitment of Life Devotion

- 'Shinto Norito' by Ann Llewellyn Evans -

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    That is super cool, and I am definitely going to check that channel out. I'm fairly familiar with certain Mediterranean pantheons. Which ones in particular are you interested in?
    Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
    Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

They aren't honestly ones that scratch my spiritual itch, just my academic one. The Babylonians and the Sumerians are a fascinating mystery to me. Though I would love to learn more about pre-Islamic polytheism. I just love the existence of this channel and look forward to future pantheons. I just figured I would share with you fine people and see if anyone else had any comments inside or outside of academia and spirituality.
    神の恵みと祖先の恩とに感謝し
    明き清きまことをもって祭しにいそしむこと。

Kami no megumi to sosen no on to ni kanshashi
    Akaki kiyoki makoto o motte saishi ni isoshimu koto.

I am grateful for the blessings of the kami and my ancestors
    And will practice my faith with brightness, purity, and sincerity.

敬神生活の綱領
    Keishin seikatsu no koryo
    Commitment of Life Devotion

- 'Shinto Norito' by Ann Llewellyn Evans -