Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Return of deities on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I am also under the impression that people came before the gods and it was the amount of energy generated by their belief that they were brought into existence, don't know whether I would call this existence a blessing more like a curse for them. Never being able to choose their own happiness over serving the universe and all those in it....
    I mean, sure, if you believe the Gods are just thoughtforms without free will. Have you been watching/reading American Gods? But I don't believe my Gods existence hinges on anything I, or anyone else, do or believe. Gravity's still there, no matter what, right? I'm still here, whether or not someone else believes in my existence. I just extend the same courtesy to my Gods.
    Beer is proof the Gods love us and want us to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyn View Post
    I mean, sure, if you believe the Gods are just thoughtforms without free will. Have you been watching/reading American Gods? But I don't believe my Gods existence hinges on anything I, or anyone else, do or believe. Gravity's still there, no matter what, right? I'm still here, whether or not someone else believes in my existence. I just extend the same courtesy to my Gods.
    No I believe they were actually beings but comprised of energy therefore can take what ever form they choose..
    But I think there is something in the idea from the Greeks where the more emotion sent to them either from ritual or prayer the more energy or power they contain.. but I guess different deities work different ways as the norse never hinged on prayers or love for power.. Also fully aware of there existence regardless of what people think this I myself know for fact.. And of course they have free will as we all do but it's wouldn't be easy to do what you want if you knew you how much others needed you.. that's what I meant..

But I think there is something in the idea from the Greeks where the more emotion sent to them either from ritual or prayer the more energy or power they contain..
    Well, I don't ascribe to a Greek worldview. That's the funny thing, there are Pagan religions that are much less [insert term for smooshing things together] than others. (There have been several orange cosmos tonight so far...)

And of course they have free will as we all do but it's wouldn't be easy to do what you want if you knew you how much others needed you.. that's what I meant..
    Only if you feel responsible for those who need you. Or care. I don't think the Gods care for one-sided relationships anymore than people do... Shit, I just realized a problem in my life.
    Beer is proof the Gods love us and want us to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyn View Post
    Well, I don't ascribe to a Greek worldview. That's the funny thing, there are Pagan religions that are much less [insert term for smooshing things together] than others. (There have been several orange cosmos tonight so far...)

Only if you feel responsible for those who need you. Or care. I don't think the Gods care for one-sided relationships anymore than people do... Shit, I just realized a problem in my life.
    Agreed, people are happy to ask for help and guidance from the gods but how many truly feel for them and their own lives. Very rarely do people think that the gods might need a shoulder to cry on so to speak... I don't subscribe to the Greek way either..my path was chosen for me and I will continue to walk it very soon as it's been pretty tough..

I believe they already do sometimes. It's the right of any deity to wander where they please really. They may temporarily inhabit the form of a living creature, or ride along with whatever they preside over.
    I've seen for a brief second, Isis in a young, pregnant woman, the laughter of Zephyrus on the Wind and the anger of Zeus in the thunder.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2