Thread: Finding Inspiration

Finding Inspiration

So now that my kids are bigger, and I can reasonably expect to sleep more than 3 hours a night, I am refocusing on my spirituality. I've kind of fallen away, especially since Beltaine 2015. I led a rite for a group, and while everyone that came (there were maybe 7 or 8 of us) said they felt a lot of energy afterward, I left feeling very empty. And it just spiraled from there, I stopped practicing or even thinking about my religion, I lost all artistic inspiration, my relationships suffered. I didn't convert or anything, but I was very lost for awhile. Within the past couple months, I've started reaching back into my practice. And a few weeks ago, I was laying in bed, worrying about how I'm failing at motherhood (parents out there, you all feel me), and I felt filled with this energy, and so supported. I've been focusing on Brigit, getting an special space set up in my kitchen for offerings to her and directing my devotionals to her as well. Anyway, I feel that she has been responding to my needs, but I'm still feeling very unmotivated in certain areas of my life. I have had depressive episodes (I have mental health diagnoses), but am addressing with my doctor.

So how do you go about finding motivation and inspiration and just the energy to engage in daily life? Thoughts, support, tips are appreciated.
    Beer is proof the Gods love us and want us to be happy.

I just write Fan Fiction stories to get my inspiration going.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I just write Fan Fiction stories to get my inspiration going.
    Dude, right? I was working on one recently, but I keep running out of time to work on it.
    Beer is proof the Gods love us and want us to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyn View Post
    Dude, right? I was working on one recently, but I keep running out of time to work on it.
    Yes I'm a guy.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!