Thread: Help Interpreting Spirit Animal

Help Interpreting Spirit Animal

Hey guys!
    My path has never really involved Spirit Animals/Guides, and so I'm a little at a loss. Lately I feel like the universe has really been hitting me over the head with a message that (from lack of experience with this sort of thing) I am just not understanding!

For the last couple of months I've been experiencing some blatantly unusual wildlife behavior. Initially it was a fox, a fawn, and then an small bird that I have never seen before and is definitely not native to my area. Most recently, though, it's exclusively been birds of prey. First, it was an enormous owl that was gliding next to my car in the middle of the day. Then it was a hawk that swooped in front of me in the parking lot at work. (Although I was not alone, everyone else somehow failed to see it.) A different hawk circled my house for several days, and then last week an HUGE eagle dove in front of my car.

I really feel like these are meaningful in some way, but I could use some help with interpreting them! Thank you

Potentially there could be a lot here or there could be nothing. You don't say where your at so it's hard to say what things are influencing the wildlife of your area. But it's like a small bird not native to your area. Ok, lets assume your in the US. Alright the US has been hit with massive wildfires in the west, two category 5 hurricanes in the south, 1 category 2 hurricane and an earthquake. Mexico has been hit with at least two earthquakes that have affected / effected wildlife and caused a number of things to act whacky and move about quite a bit. So a lot of wildlife right now is being pushed about and getting disrupted by magnetic disruptions.

But all that aside in general spirit animal / power animal working tend not to work as your describing. Very seldom do you have singular situations. Not to say you can't or won't, when dealing with the spirit world anything is possible but normally that is not the norm. More often than not you'll have almost an avalanche of an animal appearing when it becomes a spirit / power animal. It will be everywhere, in your dreams, on the TV, on the radio, in books, magazines, movies. Sort of like the old adage goes, it will show up so frequently that you can't take a step without falling over it. Even then not just everywhere but many times in the most outlandish of ways to make it stand out.

Yet with all of that you'll still have to separate the natural presence of the animal from the truly messenger presence aspects of the animal. Determine when a cat is just a cat versus when the cat is being a representative of a power / spirit and conveying a lesson or guide situation. For instance the Great Blue Heron is a Spirit and Power creature for me. I see it all the time along the river or at the pond on our property. To see it gives me a sense of peace and serenity to be honest. Yet just seeing it does not mean it is being anything more than a heron. Yet for example one day I saw 5 herons interleaved with 5 egrets. 1 heron looking at me with wings spread out, then 1 white egret, then 1 heron, etc. Very unusual and surreal and to be honest out of the norm for the area. An hour later when we drove back through going home they were still there and turned to look at us again. Ok message received pay attention to whatever happened that day.

You describe an Owl, a Hawk and an Eagle. An Owl is suggestive of a night time bird but does not have to be. Yet it is a bird of prey but not a raptor. A Hawk is a bird of prey. Could be a raptor but depends upon the species. A second Hawk but again unknown species. Yet to be honest if all you saw was it circling are you certain it was a Hawk? Depending upon height you could have had any carrion bird or raptor. The Eagle is a raptor but again don't know which type so could be a bird of prey but could also be a carrion bird. However, you do not describe any other birds in the air during any of these events. As raptors the Eagle and Hawk's would also attack smaller birds and frequently drop suddenly from above to attack smaller birds. Smaller birds will also attack raptors to drive them away from nests, so to see any of the raptors suddenly drop you have to look to see what else is going on.

If all your seeing is the individual birds it is in my opinion highly unlikely your dealing with a spirit or power animal situation. I won't say impossible for nothing is impossible. Though in my experience such singular events that involve spirit / power animal situations usually involve journey / vision situations as well. Sort of like being pulled or ripped out of your body as part of the process by the spirit / power animal as part of the encounter.

though I'd be curious as to why or how you arrived at the conclusion each creature was behaving in an unusual manner. that might also give a clue that is missing in your initial write up.

Hey, thank you so much for replying! You brought up some great points, and also brought to my attention some info I should have included. I'm new to the forum and didn't want to clog up the initial question, but also didn't realize it was necessary information.

First off, yes I am located in the U.S. However, all of the animals,with the exception of the eagle, occurred at least a month before any of the recent storms/fires etc, so I feel pretty safe discounting weather (because of course, you're right! Major weather upheavals could definitely justify some strange behavior.)That being said, after reading your description of spirit animals, what I've been experiencing doesn't quite fit the bill. It hasn't been just one singular animals and none of the ones I've experienced repeatedly appear anywhere other than nature like you've suggested they might.

However, they definitely DO have very surreal feelings of significance attached to them. The owl actually turned and made eye contact (similar to your experience with the Heron) and the Eagle/Hawk were so physically close it was insane. The Owl left me with a sense of peace for the rest of the day but all three really struck me as meaningful in some way, more so than the previous animals (small weird bird, etc.) The Owl I was able to identify as a Barred owl, I'm unsure of the Hawk but I was at least able to identify it as one (from below, with binoculars,) and the Eagle seems to have been a Golden Eagle. I'm not sure if that's significant at all but I'll throw it out there.

Because I have so little experience with animals as Guides or as messengers, I suppose the reason I initially wrote Spirit Animal is because I lack the correct words to label the situation. I guess what it comes down to is, even though I'm fairly cynical and not prone to seeing "signs', I know it's significant. I just don't know what to read from it.

Your welcome. Not a problem regarding to little or to much we can work with that and ask probing counter questions.

I would say lets step back a bit though. Sometimes animals appear as messengers but we get hung up on the animal aspect and ignore the larger aspect of them. Lets look at the three primary creature's again, Owl, Hawk and Eagle. All three are predators. All three are observers. All three are from afar observers. All three see with clarity then swoop in to attack quickly. All three demonstrate patience and diligence in observation. All three waste little energy in reckless movements and actions, instead they use the currents and air to glide upon and carry them. In essence they use the energy about them already to get things done. They are creature's of two dimensions in that they exist upon the earth and the air equally..

So those are just the easy lesson's they hold.

Observation
    See with clairty
    Patience and diligence
    Conservation of energy
    function within two worlds

Allows them to strike with accuracy and success as a predator

Yet each individual bird utilizes those traits slightly different. Yet that is perhaps where one would stand out with a particular way or lesson to be considered. For instance the eagle rises above the storm while all others take shelter. So it does not allow itself to become subject to the storm or flee from it (Bald Eagle) Does the Golden Eagle do so, not sure really. Yet it is an eagle so would have some of the same traits. Yet the Owl see's clearly in the darkness where the other's do not. So perhaps 3 birds suggest problems lay in the light vice 1 saying they lay in shadow, observation.

Earlier you mentioned a fox and a fawn. A fox is cunning, yet a fawn is a certain degree of blind trust and curiosity. Yet if you see the fawn the Doe is somewhere around though you may not have seen her. Normally the only exception being she is dead. But again, it depends upon the type. A red fox or silver fox? A mule deer fawn or a white tail fawn for instance? Even is it a young fawn as a new born or almost a yearling with her spots nearly faded away. A newborn versus a yearling with spots nearly gone is quite a difference.

A squirrel says to another squirrel "Look, a human!, quick what is the significance of seeing a human".

sometimes it is something, sometimes it is nothing. just like sometimes dreams have significance while other times its just filler from various memories and parts of the psyche.

With the aforementioned natural disasters going on, and with your encounters being everywhere.. it may very well be some other process drawing them to the area than anything pertaining to you specifically.
    There could be a message there however the less continuity there is, the less likely that is so.

Try observing your thoughts, not reacting to them in any way. Then go to the place, the void, between thoughts were all is silent. Wait there and see what happens.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition