Thread: Yule/XMAS gifts

Yule/XMAS gifts

Anyone making Yule/X-mas gifts this year?

I have to say the past few years, this time of year has been especially hard for me. I lost several people that I loved dearly or other bad things have happend. This year, not only have I wandered back on my Path, but I really want to get back to creating things again. I decided to make some handmade gifts for people this year.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I like stitching. Needlepoint is something I'm good at, or at least was. I can sort of cross-stitch, but only with the pattern on the fabric. I just found my beads and I'm thinking I may create some bracelets for my nieces and my own sister in law.

How about you all? Do you have a better plan than I do? I know I'm starting a bit late, but I'm hoping since I've shortened my list, I won't be in a panic.

Share your ideas!
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

I've made gifts a handful of times. I'm not super talented at the crafty things by any means, but I make it work. I made my sister Belle's mirror from beauty and the beast a few years ago and she loved it.

When my dad got a job working from home, I made him a "Commuters Survival Guide" that consisted of his favorite candy, a travel pillow, a book, and a handdrawn "map" of the new city (the living room, den, etc).

I also made my brother a Zombie survival kit complete with a twinkie.

I'm trying to set up my craft room/studio and then I'll probably make more gifts rather than buy them.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

OMG...I love the Zombie survival kit. I may steal that idea from you for my brothers.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Quote Originally Posted by MammaStar View Post
    OMG...I love the Zombie survival kit. I may steal that idea from you for my brothers.
    Haha, thanks! I made it with like, a first aid kit, a zombie survival book, a pocket knife, some MREs, the twinkie, and some other things I can't remember. Then put it in a cooler he could keep in his car or garage.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests