Thread: Remembering 2017

Remembering 2017

So many this year passed away.

I'm still not over Chris Cornell or Tom Petty. I can't even hear more than one song by Gregg Allman before I burst into tears.

This morning I woke up to my friend's post over on FB about Malcolm Young from AC/DC. I know not everyone likes them, but I did. In my own post on FB, I commented how they were the first hard rock band I ever listened to. I remember riding the school bus and one of the older guys bringing their cassette of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. I was digging the music. At that point, I didn't even know the guy singing had died.

When I first heard the Back in Black album, my head exploded. It was (and still is) so dang good.

While it's sad Malcolm has passed away, it was expected. He had left the band in 2014. He announced that he was beginning to suffer dementia. I was so sad for him. Dementia/Alzheimer's is a wicked disease. To rob people of their memories must be terrifying. My Grandmother suffered from her. I remembered how much my heart broke when I'd visit her and she didn't know me.

Now there are late news reports about David Cassidy, aka Keith Partridge from The Partridge Family (and Shaun's brother) has been admitted to a CA hospital with organ failure. David too had the onset of Alzheimer's.

Two musicians who I admired when I was just a little witch are gone. 2017 has proven to be just as rough with celebrity deaths (and for me my own friends) as it was in 2016. *sigh*
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

I'm still not processing Linkin Park's Chester or Montgomery Gentry's Troy Gentry. It's been a rough year, but Chester is the one where I just literally froze out. I wrote a long raw piece on how the portrayal of suicide was (based on comments when it broke) and haven't been able to truly grieve, I think, or maybe it's just hard to know I'll never hear new material from him. I can't even listen to more than 2 songs in a row without crying.

I hadn't heard about David Cassidy.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

I know so many folks still wrecked by Chester's death. Chris Cornell has really hit me hard. With Tom Petty, it's more of a shock because it was just so sudden.

Troy Gentry made me so sad.

With Tom Petty's death, it has pushed me to get back into my live music habit. No more "oh I'll catch them next time". If I want to see a band, I'm going. I didn't go see TP this past summer because I figured "I'll catch him next time." Who knew there wouldn't be a "next time".
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3