Thread: Has anyone heard of Sunset Sodalite?

Has anyone heard of Sunset Sodalite?

Can anyone tell me what this is used for?

Thanks
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always - Gandhi

My friends worship the ground I walk on!

It is a blend of sodalite and feldspar. See http://www.serendipitycrystals.co.uk...th-confidence/
    A site that sells many gems/semi-gems is www.vitabeads.com/ they have a lot of sodalite. I bought a few times from them for my beads/jewelry making hobby. See also www.beadfx.com/ is a bead shop in Canada they also sell sodalite.

I may be wrong, but in general, if something fire-like is added to a stone type or gem, it increases its potency or at least purifies it. So a regular sapphire is not as strong as a star sapphire. Opal vs. fire opal, ignoring the rarity part, of course. I happened on some mahogany obsidian with these beautiful ribbons of rich brown/red -- for me, it worked differently than regular black obsidian, it was more accepting, almost like a sponge.

Another point, I often work from the largest amount of the mixed mineral. So it might be the Sodalite with the feldspar as a helper. A tourmilated quartz has more quartz with the other mineral acting as a directional element. But that's my experience. I hope you have fun with your new stone.
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    --Bill Watterson