Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When did you KNOW?

I just had that feeling deep down that it was right, especially because it brought me peace. Then I did a self-dedication ritual and it was so successful it definitely confirmed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_on_Purpose View Post
    What was your Spiritually defining moment the lead you to your current path? I have had so many amazing experiences but I still doubt and find it difficult to just let go and believe. Let me tell you, I've been given plenty of reasons to believe. Sometimes I feel like a jerk for still questioning it all.

Would love to read your experiences.
    I've had a few, mostly in the Christian contexts in which I grew up.

The most recent one, which was back in 2011, involved Lord Krishna.

To keep a long story short, He got my attention, which helped open up
    my current path of bridal mysticism (madhurya bhava in Hinduism).

While that was an eye-opener, I still don't really affiliate myself with
    any particular religion, preferring to draw inspiration from various
    sources. Sometimes I feel bad for not drawing a line somewhere, but
    then again I did a lot of that during my time in Catholicism and
    Christian fundamentalism. I enjoy being more open to various
    influences now, as I never know from where the wisdom and insights
    will come.

But anyway, God in the (quite lovely!) form of Krishna was definitely a
    paradigm-shifter for me.

I knew that there was something ‘different’ about me before I was old enough to know that there was a name for it. One of the earliest magickal experiences that I remember took place when I was about four years old, hidden in the cool shade of a grove of trees on a terraced hillside at my grandmother’s farm.

The day was very hot, but beneath the canopy created by the large grove of trees that covered the hillside, it was very cool; and I squatted on one of the wide terraced ‘steps’, beneath a tree that had small round leaves lining it’s branches. I took hold of one of the small new twigs at the base of the tree; and I slid my hand along it’s length, filling my palm with the cool green leaves.

As my head was bent and I was examining these leaves, I heard a noise. I looked to my right, through the fence lining this edge of the grove, into the world of brilliant hot sunshine, to see a large white cow grazing in the field beside me, only a few feet away.

The wind came then, through the tops of the trees. I froze as I listened to it, the roar starting at the opposite end of the grove and working it’s way through the tree tops towards me, till it was directly overhead. I realized that this wind sounded like voices, voices that seemed to come directly from the trees.

It was then that a realization dawned on me, leaving an indelible print so strong that this memory is still starkly vivid to me fifty years later. It was a realization that I was too young to form into words…but I knew.
    My Website:
    The Witch's Corner
    http://amythystraine.blogspot.com

My Blog:
    Magickal Connections
    http://wytchymystique.com

My Books:
    click Here

Well it was always there and little things were placed in my life path sort of as clues. Looking back towards as far as I can remember is a lot of clues, hints, tangible objects placed on my path.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2