Thread: Major Arcana Vs. Minor Arcana

Major Arcana Vs. Minor Arcana

What's the difference between Major Arcana and Minor Arcana? Also are Major Arcana are more powerful and serious than Minor Arcana?
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

hmmm borrowed this definition from a site that explains it better than I can:

"The Minor Arcana cards are used to reveal small changes and happenings in a person’s life, whereas the Major Arcana are larger and more meaningful influences." ( or people)

the majors are archetype (Causes/events, Leading actors) of moments in your life, where as the minors are the effects, and supporting cast if that makes more sense? Like how suits have their own meanings in cartomency hearts-feeling, diamonds-financial or money related, clubs-minor problems, spades-ills, and disasters that affect ones life or really shakes it up. More that a flat tire more like a total car wreck type difference. Does that make any sense to you?
    Last edited by Kmartin60; July 12th, 2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: adding info
    [SIGPIC] Kim

KMartin has a great answer.

There's also a matter of perspective: The Major Arcana is about where you fall on your current journey. It starts with a Fool setting out and ends with accomplishment (The World). So it's about your overall journey and path.

The minor Arcana are more small and detailed: "What kind of problem or success am I having in this aspect of my life". Does that make sense?
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    KMartin has a great answer.

There's also a matter of perspective: The Major Arcana is about where you fall on your current journey. It starts with a Fool setting out and ends with accomplishment (The World). So it's about your overall journey and path.

The minor Arcana are more small and detailed: "What kind of problem or success am I having in this aspect of my life". Does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmartin60 View Post
    hmmm borrowed this definition from a site that explains it better than I can:

"The Minor Arcana cards are used to reveal small changes and happenings in a person’s life, whereas the Major Arcana are larger and more meaningful influences." ( or people)

the majors are archetype (Causes/events, Leading actors) of moments in your life, where as the minors are the effects, and supporting cast if that makes more sense? Like how suits have their own meanings in cartomency hearts-feeling, diamonds-financial or money related, clubs-minor problems, spades-ills, and disasters that affect ones life or really shakes it up. More that a flat tire more like a total car wreck type difference. Does that make any sense to you?
    Both of you matter wonderful sense.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!