Thread: How you doin'?

Question How you doin'?

My office moved recently and I'm adjusting to the new commute. My family is adjusting with me. We haven't decided yet whether this will work out for us, but we're giving it some time.

What's happening in your life?
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Life goes. Good, bad and indifferent.

I didn't know you had a new commute. I know in our area (I consider NJ part of NY metro, it's just me). Commuting can be a hassle. For example, I live where the bridge that replaced the TZ over the Hudson. This is my method of comuting and I don't think the new structure (I will never call it by it's "proper name" I'm part of the the "Tappan Zee forever" group) has helped with traffic flow at all. Neither has the cashless toll.

I've been traveling a bit and that's always fun. I've gone to New Orleans and next week I'll be visiting my Dad down in Virginia. It's mostly to clear my head and see with my own eyes how my Dad is doing. He has Parkinson's and it is difficult to deal with being States away from each other. PD on top of his PTSD has it's own unique concerns and issues with my Dad and he's not always forthcoming. So I go down every few months to see how things are, talk to the doctors and just give his girlfriend (and his caregiver) a break. I get quality time with my Dad and his girlfriend gets some time to herself. Win/Win!
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Yeah, public transport in our state needs a bit of work. As a matter of fact, I'll be working on that, having a vested interest in it.

Traveling across states to visit a loved one is something with which I'm quite familiar. Always stressful and thankful and happy and sad. I hope your dad will prove to be doing well, and that you can give his girlfriend the break she undoubtedly deserves!

How was New Orleans?
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

New Orleans was AWESOME. As usual. I got to hang out with Kenaz, who used to be on these boards. We went to a cool plantation and had lunch. A fun night out on Bourbon. Lots of fun. The only bummer was all the underage college kids. We escaped to a dark bar with no kids. We also did a Jazz brunch on a steamboat. Fun trip. Can't wait to go back.

Dear heavens... It's been crazy here.

Real life:
    -Taking care of my son, and everything else around here (stay at home mom).
    -Running to medical appointments all over the western half of the province (including Halifax-Dartmouth). I have a lot of medical issues so I'm always on the go for something.
    -I'm now an advocate for various medical conditions (occipital neuralgia, etc), and animal welfare.
    -Son is hoping to make the track team again this year, but thank heavens everything competition wise is a LOT closer this year... Provincials are at Acadia University, no trips to Sydney on Cape Breton Island!

Work:
    -My first book came out almost 2 years ago, and sales are starting to pick up AGAIN with it... Probably because I'm now surrounded by ultra supportive and amazing authors who are also with my beloved publisher.
    -I'm helping my fellow authors - from my publisher and otherwise (Includes Indie) - promote their works.
    -I'm hosting a LOT of other authors on my blog too.
    -Networking with other authors is fun for the record!

In between all of that and everything else - including real life - I'm in the middle of revising a book for the AE at my publisher (it's in critiques now), writing a short story for a future anthology, writing Book 2 of my first series and getting the preliminary work for Book 3 started, along with prepping things for a second series!

Life is busy, but I love it. This is why I worked my ass off for so many years!
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

Cloaked Raven, wow! Very busy. Congrats on the writing success.

I wish I could get out of my own way. I like to write, but I'm lazy. *sigh*

Photography has picked up a little but not much. I have an artshow next month that is a huge deal, and I'm slightly freaking out. Also working on some short stories to possibly submit places.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests