Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MysticWicks Dream Dictionary

Post MysticWicks Dream Dictionary

Hiya folks,

Due to an *overwhelming* responce, this thread is being put together for the community dream dictionary.

It's fairly simple, just post in here some of the images that have figured in your dreams and some of the meanings that you've found to them.

I'm inclined to suggest that debates as to meanings are best suited to another thread, just to avoid bogging this one down.

By images, I mean people, places, objects or scenarios that unfold in your dreams. So, if you're dreaming about a person or a type of person, you can share with us what that means for you.

This way when we're stumped on an image, we can possibly gain insight from the way others view it.
    Blessings to you and yours,

Cydira

---------------------
    "Give me liberty or give me death." ~ Patrick Henry
    "Don't tread on me." ~ Revolutionary Battle Standard
    ---------------------

I'm on Keen! Call me for a tarot reading!

mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

Here is a list of existing threads on dream reading, interpretation and symbols:

Dream Interpretation: Class I

Dream Interpretation: Class II

Dream Interpretation: Class III

Dream Interpretation: Class IV

Dream Symbols

Online Dream Reader Thingie

Links courtesy of Freyja
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

As I promiced, I am posting some dream symbols of my own. I hope they help y'all.

fire - change, usually rapid
    ice/snow - stagnation, stillness, "frozen"
    confinement - entrapment / isolation
    motion - freedom, travel
    rain - nourishment, ideas, blessings
    spring - renewal/growth
    eggs / babies - birth, growth, the future
    crone - age, dark goddess, wisewoman/medicine woman
    horse - Epona
    3 women - triple goddess
    summer -maturity/adulthood
    stagnant water - illness
    black worms - infection, illness
    fish - water elemental
    salmon - divine wisdom
    cup - water elemental tool, state of emotional balance
    blade - fire elemental tool, defence
    grotto / evening - underworld
    mountain - challanges
    goats - Pan
    stag - Herne / Cerrunos / dark god
    wolf (healthy) - dark god
    wolf (ill) - plauge
    storm - sudden change reminscent of the Tower card
    fog - the other world & the fae
    sun - Sol, fire gods, guidance
    moon - Luna, moon goddesses, spirit
    webs - interconnection, motion in cosmic web
    spiders - wisdom from another in the web, weaving the web
    dragons - messages from the gods, fire elementals
    apple - spiritual nourishment
    hawk/eagle - messages from air element, guidiance from Herne
    hunt - quest, search
    Wild Hunt - death passing through, *major* changes
    writing - converyin gideas
    painting - espressing images
    gardening - tending my health
    shooting stars - coming omens (viewed in context of other signs)
    illness of others - the problems of others
    flood - emotional overload/ nervous breakdown
    tornado - crisis
    falling - feelings of unresolved powerlessness
    starless night - omen coming (usually a negative sort if this is a clear night sky w/o any stars)
    death (natural) - endings
    death (unnatural) - forced endings
    betrayal - unresolve trust issues, or ongoing trust issues
    sacred places - contact with gods
    glyphs - things to be studied
    legandary figures - archetypes to be studied
    scenes of past sufferings (personal) - unresolved issues, fears of repeat suffering
    Blessings to you and yours,

Cydira

---------------------
    "Give me liberty or give me death." ~ Patrick Henry
    "Don't tread on me." ~ Revolutionary Battle Standard
    ---------------------

I'm on Keen! Call me for a tarot reading!

dream a-z of that i gather from dreams

adventure simple release from reality of our lives

animals reflection of the 'animal within' the dreamer. domestic animals simbols foretelling happiness, while wild animals symbolize enemies.

alligator a cunnig and dangeorus enemy. indicates the dreamer's insecurity and fear of an enemy.

cats elegant and mysteriuos aspects of some people. a dream of a cat may be of treachery and deceit. to be scrathced by a cat means bad luck, but to kill one is a good omen denoting triumph over enemies.

hi i am new to this forum, is describing our dreams and asking what they mean allowed here? it isn't in some forums (or restricted). j/w thanks

In the Mystical World of Dreams,Peace & Love to All

I am sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Elaira
    dream a-z of that i gather from dreams

adventure simple release from reality of our lives
    (((( Yes I can beleive this ))))

animals reflection of the 'animal within' the dreamer. domestic animals simbols foretelling happiness, while wild animals symbolize enemies.
    (((((((Yes I can Beleive the first of this as for wild animals if i dreamed a wolf or Bull i would tend to think of it as animal guide in dream not enemies Sorry)))))))

cats elegant and mysteriuos aspects of some people. a dream of a cat may be of treachery and deceit. to be scrathced by a cat means bad luck, but to kill one is a good omen denoting triumph over enemies.
    ((( I have never killed a animal and wouldnt unless it for hunting and need for food not even in a dream )))))))

I dont know that i can beleive that Killing a cat would mean good omen triumph over enemies.
    I had a dream the other morning about A Cat and it feeding its litten kitten and woke up went back to sleep and there was like three cats and lots of kittens and was a peacefull dream altough there was lots more to it than the animals ,,

Begining of dream i was making energy come from my finger tip vivid color from the tip of my pointy finger like i never seen befor i was so proud i could do it ,, later in the dream , this young girl ran to me for safty ,,
    I watched as she walked into the woods and this guy that was tring to hit on me who seen he was getting no where turned and saw the young girl enter the woods off he runs to go after her ,, I sat up in my dream and thought to myself he better not hurt her ,,, she come running out of woods to me huged me tight and i asked her "you ok " she says yea ,, I say did he hurt you ,, she says no ,,
    i say you want me to walk you through the woods to where you need to go ,, she says no and stays there with me , then here comes the guy,, He gets up there where i am laying in old building out in the back feild near the woods ,, and he layes there I look at him staring him up and down,,,
    I say to him ,, you know you really dont have to do that ,, I tell him if he would loose the FLOWER pants ( White pants with flowers on them ) that he really dont look bad and he has nice eyes and teeth and hair and that he can get women right way ,, dont have to chase young girls in the woods ,,, Man that dream was so in color and so real ,,,

I even tryed looking at my finger tip yesterday making the marks on my pointy finger touching the tip and looking for sparks to come flying out ,,,,
    it didnt happen at least not yet ,,LOL

as for the Girl and guy ,, I am still trying to make sence of that ,, all i can figure is that cuz i was abused child and i am always on look out for my kids , so that No one Ever hurts them so they never have to endure the pain i did when i was young ,, Mabe That had something to do with the girl feeling safe with me ,,

As for the cats in my dream ,, this guy and my daughter was in that dream And that was around the time i dreamed of energy coming out of finger tip,,,,
    I have two cats here that dont like people but they Love me ,, and the cats in the dreams was cats i never seen ,, but they was nursing there young ,, i assoicated that with the nurting i do with my own children ?? '
    I could be wrong ,, but i feel things mean different things,, to different people,,
    And that I do strongly beleive ,,,

(((((((((((Any Comments Welcome)))))))))))))))) Have A Blessed Bright Day ,,,,,,MP

Meny Thanx Nighthawk,Peace & Love To You !

Where is my soul mate?

Unhappy Back to Lamoondove

If I even think about killing a cat, I get sick. A cat is my totem animal, I could no more think of killing a cat than I could of committing suicide. Where did these kinds of ideas come from anyway?

In the Mystical World of Dreams,Peace & Love to All

I surly dont even know ....

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus MacNemi
    If I even think about killing a cat, I get sick. A cat is my totem animal, I could no more think of killing a cat than I could of committing suicide. Where did these kinds of ideas come from anyway?

That may be how some choose to beleive ,,
    why or where they got it from is beyond me !!!!

I surly dont knock no one for there beleifs,,
    but i dont have to agree with them eigther !!

((((Let someone takeith my Cats or my Sable Hurt them,,,,I will Killith them ))))

Or Die trying....
    mabe be pushing up daisys myself giving it a hell of a try......

Thank You for Not hurting Animals ,,,,
    I still not real sure of my Totem animal yet ,, i dream of cats and horses mosly ,,, My Lady Diana I worship her Totem is wolfs , horses, Bull ,amonst others ,,

But at least one of her Totems"horses" are in my dreams from time to time ...
    My fav dream that the horses was in .... I was driving down the road down a long winding road and then all the sudden water crossed the road i couldnt go no farther ,, but i wasnt scared i seen horses out in the water standing up looking at each other playing in the water was a good feeling watching them play and then i ladder fell from the sky , i grabed the ladder and started to climb it and woke up ,, but was feeling refeshed when i did wake up thinking WOW what a Dream...... I can sit here right now look out the window and look at the sky and in my mind see them horses playing in the water and hear them to .... is weid how vivid it all was and still so clear in my mind.....

I have Not to long ago Dreamed of the most wonderfull neon Green striped spider ,,,,was so real like .....

How did it come to you that you animal totem is a cat???

Meny Thanx Nighthawk,Peace & Love To You !

Where is my soul mate?

Talking Back to Lamoondove

I had a cat in my crib when I was a child. She had decided that I was her Kitten and she did everything but nurse me. She would wash my face and groom my hair and she only left me to eat or go to the bathroom. My mother told me that she (the cat) was a better mother than she (my mother) was. It's funny but I don't remember anyone ever giving a name. She was just Kitty to everyone. That's all I can ever remember calling her.
    I've had many cats since that time and they've all been closely bonded to me. They always walk with me when ever I go for a walk in the woods. I remember one who used to ride with me on my morotcycle.
    I've learned a lot from cats, mostly about how to be a decent human being. When I was married to my last wife, we had nine cats living with us and there was never any trouble over food or social position. When I came in from work in the evening, every body was hungry. All I had to say was "PLACES" and every body ran to his or her place and waited for me to bring them their dish.
    What else can I say?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast