Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A light too young to go out....

with tears, energy and blessings are sent to her and all those who surround her.
    Give me coffee or give me death!

Thanks to CloakofStars9 for the signature!
    MysticWicks Peer Counselor

A new and sad update

For all of you that sent energy, I thank you so very much. Melissa was quite moved by it. A current update is that the cancer has spread considerably and now is probably in her bones. Her family is going back to NY as they have had one person achieve remission with this type of cancer there by doing further surgery coupled with bone marrow transplant and chemo. I fear that when they leave next week, I may never see this beautiful child again as the doctors hold out very little hope.

Her strength and courage were fueled by all of your prayers and energy, and I was wondering if you have anymore to spare in about 2 weeks if you could send it again. Miracles do happen, and if one was ever needed, it's now.

Thanks again.

BB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Always strive to do the right thing and understand that you can't always succeed in doing it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is one of the saddest things I have read in a while. She sounds like such a strong little girl, if ever someone deserves a chance at life it is her.

for a cause like this I always have energy to spare
    *hugs*
    sianand
    "I can stop the pain if I will it all away"

Unhappy

Well, we are still sending out energy. That is the bravest little girl I know. ((((((HUG))))))))

BB
    ravenhawk

It pains me so to here of one so young being so ill.....

Child of the Unverse hear this now, energies and light unto thee I send. Strength and purpose and love and care be yours as you fight this fight oh sweet child. so mote it be...

D'S..also known as....

(teary) Sending love & light to her and her family & friends. I really don't know what to say.

Banners by Cloakie

Consider it done.
    No use trying to tell you what they were like... the awful, blasphemous horror, and the unbelievable moral foetor came from simple touches beyond the power of words to classify.

Healing thoughts and energies sent.

I know what it is like for my daughter died at 12 from brain cancer which she fought for 4 yrs with one brief remission.(she was diagnosed the day after mothersday 199
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tomorrow is Melissa's last hope. She went to NY last week where 2 places agreed to see her. The first - where her own aunt is employed in mgmt - told her mother to take her home and give her all of her hearts desires she could afford.... that there was nothing that could be done for her.

Tomorrow she has an appointment at sloan, and it is truly her last hope. Before she left she was told that there were 7 successful remissions... only now it turns out that her cancer has mutated and spread at a very aggressive rate, and is now something they don't have a clue how to treat.

I resisted for as long as I could, but have finally broken down and done 3 readings with all the same outcome. I fear that Sloan is also going to be turning her away. Her 12th birthday is in less than 2 weeks, and there is very little hope of seeing her 13th.

I'm sorry for rambling, it is very difficult to type this, I just wanted you all to know that your prayers and energy have meant much to this little girl and her family... and to me as well, so we all thank you.
    Always strive to do the right thing and understand that you can't always succeed in doing it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSageheart
    Tomorrow is Melissa's last hope. She went to NY last week where 2 places agreed to see her. The first - where her own aunt is employed in mgmt - told her mother to take her home and give her all of her hearts desires she could afford.... that there was nothing that could be done for her.

Tomorrow she has an appointment at sloan, and it is truly her last hope. Before she left she was told that there were 7 successful remissions... only now it turns out that her cancer has mutated and spread at a very aggressive rate, and is now something they don't have a clue how to treat.

I resisted for as long as I could, but have finally broken down and done 3 readings with all the same outcome. I fear that Sloan is also going to be turning her away. Her 12th birthday is in less than 2 weeks, and there is very little hope of seeing her 13th.

I'm sorry for rambling, it is very difficult to type this, I just wanted you all to know that your prayers and energy have meant much to this little girl and her family... and to me as well, so we all thank you.

My thoughts, prayers, energy and love go out to Melissa, her family and you as well Willow.....

~AW
    "Ne invoces expellere non possis"
    (Do not call up what you cannot put down)

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than be loved for who you're not" - Van Zant

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast