Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Room Cookbook...

i'll look around and email lotd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] myspace

imvu

Woo hoo Im putting in my famouse lemon chicken and I think I will have my father do his
    sause and meatballs for spagettie

My stuffs on the way...
    Let me know of anything else I can help you with!

No Regrets!
    Global Glasses

"You can dislike who you wish, hate what you want, or you can practice love, respect and understanding." ~Flar

"I don't abandon or dislike people for hope or love or who they are as a person. Life is too short for that." ~Dru

"When you assume, you make an ass outta you and me" ~ Someone's very intelligent Aunt
    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

MysticWicks Candle Altar

Compassion is the highest virtue!
    ~ ~ ~

Witchy links 4 You!
    Welcome to my World!
    Something Special!

Do you ever wonder what I wish for?

Want fast, custom web content without writing a single word?

If you're doing a herbal section, feel free to use anything I've posted here at MW. I volunteer to taste anything that needs tasting.
    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    I really would like to have a section on herbs, or simples/teas etc... Any ideas?
    Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
    Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylara
    We're definately going to need people to design graphics for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    We should probably do the graphics like we are doing the other items. Hold a short contest for all graphic designers on the board.
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    Well, first I'd like to see what is going to be included in the book. I guess then we'll take a vote...
    Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
    Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylara
    Well, first I'd like to see what is going to be included in the book. I guess then we'll take a vote...
    Of course! Illustrations would be a different story. I am talking front cover designs, etc.
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

I'm so excited that my idea is becoming realized! I didn't think people would be into the idea.... but I'm so glad that it is! :D
    Creu Gwir fel gwydr o ffwrnais awen...

"Belief is a beautiful armour/But makes for the heaviest sword..." - John Mayer

My site: http://www.kimblewitchery.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mol
    Of course! Illustrations would be a different story. I am talking front cover designs, etc.
    Here are my two pennies... Guys, just a thought... it would probabaly be a really good idea to get in touch with the printer with regard to print job specifications like margins, bleeds, file format, etc then post those specs here on a thread. Some printers may be willing to "fix" files for free but not too many do. Rates can upwards of $65 an hour! If using a four color format, colors must be "separated" prior to printing. It would totally suck to have to reformat something in a program that the printer can actually use! Designing for the web is NOT the same as designing for commercial printing. Whatever a "designer" creates digitally needs to be able to convert to a format that a printer can use. Printers vary--some are digital and some still use the old style press (like a Heidelberg or Hamada). It has been my experience that each type of printer will require different file formats, ect... especially if you are doing volume work. Desktop publishing software would be something like QuarkXpress or PageMaker (ugh!), etc... But other than that, sounds like you guys really got something going here! Good luck and I'm here if anyone needs anything!

Oh, and the same goes for T-shirts and the other stuff you want to do... get the specs for the designers. Most of those types of facilities will use eps (Illustrator) files for printing. Here again, ask about spot colors and four color separations.

Toodles!
    Last edited by Desert_Yaqui; October 30th, 2003 at 08:08 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast