Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Reading List

Covencraft is in fact by Amber K, and a good book.

I'd also recommend

Angels : Companions in Magick by SRW for positive angel magick and activities.

The Witch's Magickal Handbook by the Frosts

The Complete Book of Incense, Oils, & Brews by Cunningham
    Last edited by Myst; July 22nd, 2001 at 01:06 AM.

Re: Recommended Reading List

Originally posted by Emerald Sky
    "When, Why ...If" by Robin Wood
    "Green Witchcraft" by Aoumiel
    I would recommend:

The Witches Bible Complete by Janet and Stewart Farrar
    What Witches Do by Janet and Stewart Farrar

Witchcraft Today by G.B.G.
    Meaning of Witchcraft by G.B.G.

Drawing Down the Moon by Alder

Spirial Dance by Starhawk

Natural Magic by Doreen Valiente
    A B C's of Witchcraft by Doreen Valiente
    Witchcraft for Tomorrow by Doreen Valiente
    The Rebirth of Witchcraft by Doreen Valiente

The Secrets of Ancient Witchcraft by Arnold and Patricia Crowther

Lid off the Cauldron by Patricia Crowther

Wicca: The Old Religion by Vivian Crowley

MP B*B
    Krom
    "That if that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee,then thou wilt never find it without thee"

a green sward I'm coaxing into blooming some nice flowers

Talking Patricia Telesco....

....any fans of her works out there?? I met her at festival for summer solstice. She is a lovely lady...very warm, friendly.....the type of lady you just want to be stranded on a tropical island with just so you can spend time picking her brain...lol!

Dagda and I are planning to go to the next festival, and Patricia will be there as a speaker and conducting a few classes. Can't wait til November!!!
    In Peace
    :hearthear Love :hearthear
    and Light!
    ~~Illy~~

Cool

You know, there a 2 stores I should not be allowed in when I have extra money!!! The local craft stores and the bookstores!!!! Yesterday on my mini-shopping spree I picked up a few books you all mentioned.

Earth Power & Earth Fire Water Air by Cunningham

Everday Magick & The craft by Morrison

and also, I have on order now the Pagan Parenting book that was mentioned in a thread a few months back. Of course, one of the workers at the help desk made a wise crack. He said "Oh, that HAS to be an interesting book. Can you imagine what's in it." and I replied "Well, I'm sure it has all kinds of advice on how to raise your child the best you can, and probably some mention of the holidays and such." He didn't answer, which I expected. The gentelmen helping me though, was very friendly and helpful. I liked him very much. I wanted to say a crack about animal sacrifice just to mess with his head, but I decided not to.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

haven't read the whole thread yet...but...

Originally posted by WillowRaven
    My favourite reading material includes

the green witchcraft series by ann moura

(I leant the first book to a friend of mine unfortunately and haven't gotten it back yet)

witch : a magical journey by fiona horne

everyday magic by dorothy morrison

and I use the Faerie Oracle deck and The Unicorn Tarot.

Fiona Horne writes books too??? I love her music...
    ~Sage Witch

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." -Johnathan Swift

Magick: In Theory and Practice
    Magick Without Tears
    777 And Other Qabalistic Writings
    Book of Lies

all by Aleister Crowley...

(As you can see...I am biased. )
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

Originally posted by mol
    Magick: In Theory and Practice
    Magick Without Tears
    777 And Other Qabalistic Writings
    Book of Lies

all by Aleister Crowley...

(As you can see...I am biased. )
    I would not consider these beginning books. These are probably for the more advanced. I would add Mystical Qabalah, Circuit of Force and Work and Training of an Initiate by Dion Fortune.

MP B*B
    Krom
    "That if that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee,then thou wilt never find it without thee"

Originally posted by Krom

I would not consider these beginning books. These are probably for the more advanced. I would add Mystical Qabalah, Circuit of Force and Work and Training of an Initiate by Dion Fortune.

MP B*B
    Krom
    Krom, I didnt read anywhere in this thread where it called us to post 'Beginning Materials'. I just thought it was a recommended reading list. And I recommended the books I listed.

Now, to stay on topic. The books you listed are also great works...and yes, especially for the beginner. Although, Fortunes slant on things might get some confused...
    mol

Originally posted by mol

Krom, I didnt read anywhere in this thread where it called us to post 'Beginning Materials'. I just thought it was a recommended reading list. And I recommended the books I listed.

Now, to stay on topic. The books you listed are also great works...and yes, especially for the beginner. Although, Fortunes slant on things might get some confused...

Mol;

I was trying to make a distinction between some of the other titles, the ones you gave are advanced. I meant nothing by it. It was more tongue in check than anything else. I am sorry if you took it wrong or I did not make it clear that it was tongue in check. I apologize.

Now back on topic; yes I would agree with you Fortune can be a little difficult to comprehend esp. for beginners. If one is truly interested in reading on all types of magick; I would add the Three Books of Occult Philosophy by H.C. Agrippa. I would also suggest any thing by Regardie. He has a few book on the Tree of Life. Two of them are, The Tree of Life and A Garden of Pomegranates. I would also recommend D.M. Kraig's books as well as some of King's materials.

MP B*B
    Krom

Originally posted by Krom

Mol;

I was trying to make a distinction between some of the other titles, the ones you gave are advanced. I meant nothing by it. It was more tongue in check than anything else. I am sorry if you took it wrong or I did not make it clear that it was tongue in check. I apologize.

Now back on topic; yes I would agree with you Fortune can be a little difficult to comprehend esp. for beginners. If one is truly interested in reading on all types of magick; I would add the Three Books of Occult Philosophy by H.C. Agrippa. I would also suggest any thing by Regardie. He has a few book on the Tree of Life. Two of them are, The Tree of Life and A Garden of Pomegranates. I would also recommend D.M. Kraig's books as well as some of King's materials.

MP B*B
    Krom
    No offense taken...I was just making sure that I wasn't posting something in the wrong thread.

And the books you listed are excellent. To add:

For mid-level, advanced, and those wanting to take a look at other Magickal concepts. I would also recommend: "The Book of Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage."

I have only been able to read the translated version by M. Mathers. I would love to get my hand on an original manuscript. Not that I dont trust Mathers.
    mol

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast