Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The weight loss Firm the body thread

The weight loss Firm the body thread

Ok now that I have your attention.....what I would like to see here is recipies for low fat dishes, how to set your goal, advice on safety during weightloss and excersise. I'm going to start another one for anyone who wants to share what they are doing and get encouragement from everyone else. I think one of the hardest parts of weightloss or excersise is when you are starting a new routine alone sticking to it or getting over the platau's.
    Yes people are talking about you behind your back. That is where all the laughter is coming from.
    Dear Lord, I pray for:
    Wisdom, To understand a man Love, To forgive him and Patience, For his moods Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength
    I'll just beat him to death. Amen!

Help support my girl scout http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...66#post4022166

msn princesspain13@hotmail.com aim aangellmouse yahoo aangell_666

My second favorite place on the net is neopets if you want to check it out here is a link http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?u...e=aangellmouse

Hey how's this for timing I was just checking my email and found this.

FAST FOOD BOMBSHELL

Select fast food items that are no more than 500 calories and 30% fat
    or less. A fast food item with 30% fat and 500 calories would yield
    about 17 grams of fat. Total fat also consist of saturated fat.
    Saturated fat clogs arteries if too much is consumed over a long
    period of time.

Try to eat as few saturated fat grams as possible. Lets say you have a
    500 calorie fast food hamburger (Mc Donald Quarter Pounder) with 17
    grams of total fat and 5 grams of saturated fat. This would not be the
    best or most healthy fast food, but it is a meal that you can enjoy
    when you're on the run.

To complete the meal, add a low calorie item such as diet soda, fruit
    from home, yogurt, side salad with low fat dressing, low fat ice cream
    or soup.

Below is a list of fast food (bombshells) to avoid due to high
    calorie, high fat and high saturated fat.

JACK in the BOX
    g = gram cal = calories sat. = saturated fat

Ultimate Cheeseburger: 1030 cal, 79g fat, 26g sat. fat
    Colossus Burger: 1100 cal, 84 g-fat, 28g sat. fat
    Bacon Cheeseburger: 710 cal, 45g fat, 15g sat. fat
    Grilled Sourdough Burger: 670 cal, 43g fat 16g sat. fat

TACO BELL

Taco Salad: 838 cal, 55g fat, 16g sat. fat
    Nachos Bell Grande: 633 cal, 34g fat, 12g sat. fat
    Mexican Pizza: 574 cal, 38g fat, 12g sat. fat

KFC (KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN)

Chicken Breast (hot and spicy): 530 cal, 35g fat, 8g sat. fat
    Pot Pie: 770 cal, 4g fat, 21g sat. fat

DAIRY QUEEN

Chicken Strip Basket with
    french fries and toast: 860 cal, 42g fat, 11g sat. fat

Heath Blizzard (regular): 820 cal, 36g fat, 17g sat. fat

BURGER KING

Double Whopper with cheese: 960 cal, 63g fat, 24g sat. fat
    Whooper with cheese: 730 cal, 46g fat, 16g sat. fat
    BK Big Fish sandwich: 720 cal, 43g fat, 8g sat. fat

Yes people are talking about you behind your back. That is where all the laughter is coming from.
    Dear Lord, I pray for:
    Wisdom, To understand a man Love, To forgive him and Patience, For his moods Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength

Help support my girl scout http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...66#post4022166

My second favorite place on the net is neopets if you want to check it out here is a link http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?u...e=aangellmouse

is offline Back in the saddle... again
    with a chef... hence the increase in happiness and girth...

Talking I'm on my hobby horse here...

OK, this will probably annoy everyone but......I'm 31, 5' 6", 125lbs (just under 9 stone to my fellow UK friends!) have a 24 inch waist, an appetite of a horse and I eat what I want.

Now, before I suffocate under a hail of rotten tomatoes, I do have a point here. I do not eat low-fat food - I eat butter, rather than reduced fat margerine, I drink full fat milk (which is still only 4% fat, btw), I eat meat, cakes (home made!) pasta, potatoes......etc. I do not eat anything that states it is 'diet' or reduced fat or reduced calorie. You take a look at some of the microwavable so called 'healthy' weight loss dinners you can buy pre-prepared and see how much longer the E-numbers and additives list is compared to anything edible!

I have noticed one thing different to the way I eat to the way people who are trying to lose weight eat. I don't even think about it. If I'm hungry, I'll eat what I like, then forget about food and go back to doing what I was doing in the first place. I even forget to eat if I'm particularly engrossed in a book, work, tv or something.

I guess my point (look, I will get around to it eventually!) is probably the minute you're thinking 'snack attack' - go DO something - the filing, faxing, washing up, ironing, scrub the kitchen floor - and take your mind off it. Plus you get a bit of excercise at the same time!

And before anyone tells me I'm a goody goody snot - I need to take my own advice on the subject of smoking!!!!!!!! (It's been well over 12 hours since my last ciggie and boy do I want one now!)
    Kiya

My Great grandmother was Italian, and my Great Aunt was Jewish. So I can't help it that I show affection by cooking for you. So, eat, EAT!!!

Unhappy Open Mouth Insert Foot

As per usual I can always be relied on to put my foot in it unwittingly. Yvonne sweetheart you have so much on your plate, that the last thing you need is some skinny assed prat (me!) telling you how thin she is!!!!!

Just read your very sad post about your friend - I've been there too, and I nearly lost everything. It took me a long time to get back up on my feet, but I've done it - well, I'm nearly there.

I could never tell anyone how I was feeling, and the isolation nearly killed me - literally, I considered suicide.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel - and it's not a train heading towards you!

I will say a prayer for you, and you'll be in my thoughts.

Love, light and an end to your empty purse,
    Kiya

My Great grandmother was Italian, and my Great Aunt was Jewish. So I can't help it that I show affection by cooking for you. So, eat, EAT!!!

Actually I have found over the years through research that the thing that most of the thin people have in common is that they only eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full. In other words they listen to their bodies. I had at one point a body that was 36 17 34 and weighed a whoping 105 pounds. I danced for many hours a night because I wanted to and was very active. I got hurt at 18 and was told all of the things that I couldn't do (which was just about everything) but in 1987 the doctors gave no thought to changing my diet or isometric excersises. This change in my life triggered an eating disorder that I have since spent several years hiding behind. It's a long dark path to return to where I once was and to be perfectly honest I am too chicken to go it alone. It's hard and frightening I know I can't get my old figure back I have since had 4 kids but I would like to get healthier again. I have had boughts with anorexia which has done some possibly perminant damage to my system and have managed to lose about 45 pounds before I stepped on a scale relized how much I had lost and paniced triggering binges. I have great hope that I will find others who for whatever reason also need to hold a hand so to speak to keep from giving up. I do know that I am the type of person who if I can get close enough to my goal will stick with it because once I've reached the halfway point I will have gone too far to chicken out. By the way Kiya you are blessed to be able to stop when you aren't hungry from the standpoint of someone who is there it's more than just a willpower problem but willpower is a large part of it.
    Dear Lord, I pray for:

Thank-you for your support and look I'm crazy enough to add more to my plate. :D :cool: There are so many reasons why a person may become over weight and I know that it is so very hard for a skinny one to understand them. I was there and I have been suicidal in the past. As humans we turn to various things when we get depressed some drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, food, sex the list goes on. Then you have the people who have medical problems that cause them to put on weight. It's a scary thing and breaking any addiction is easier with a friend at your side than alone. Even things such as excersise can become an addiction and pass the point where it is good for you and reach into the realm of the dangerous.
    Dear Lord, I pray for:

Smile It's a strange thing...

...I just stop eating when I'm not hungry, but why can't I just stop smoking???

Even though I have been extremely blessed to never have had a problem with food, and I can't understand what you are going through, I have my nicotine addiction, which both angers and irritates me. It's MY fault, I was the idiot who started smoking, but I honestly didn't have a clue how difficult it was to give up.

So how about a deal, Yvonne? Will you say a prayer for me to help me give up smoking, and I'll pray for you to have a better relationship with food.

Love and liight babe, hang on in there!
    Kiya

They are both addictions why not join the weight loss thread but instead of your goal being to eat healthier or tone up your body how about stopping the smokes? You can set yourself goals to reach on reducing or cold turkey and just like we need to kind of hold a hand to fight our addiction and keep our resolution stiff so do you then we can all get healthier together. I would also be happy to say a prayer for you. :D
    Dear Lord, I pray for:

Talking Thanks Yvonne!

Big cheesey grin here now! Thanks Yvonne!

Right, I'm on for the thread - also, I need to tone up too - you're right, you can be 98lbs and flabby!

OK folks, my goal for the week is to not smoke at work or before I go to work. I've managed it today cos I've got no money in my purse! So if I can manage it today, I can manage it tomorrow.

As for toning up - I live in the middle of nowhere, I work full-time and I don't want to join a gym, class or anything like that. Suggestions for working out at home would be most appreciated!

Kiya

OK Count me in on this....:cool:
    I have been thinking of toning myself up a bit and doing some weight loss. I tried that 'no carb' thing for about 2 days, that is not going to work for me LOL
    Low Fat food and things like that are horrid imho. and Not really all that heathly for you. I know that I need to get out and do stuffd more often, but with working 40+hours a week,I just don't feel like it. I do have a 2 yr old to chase after so that helps
    i want to take up Belly dancing, but then again I run into the whole lack of time problem.....

Anyway I here and willing
    :D
    Very sleek and fat did the cats appear, and sonorous with purring content.
    H.P. Lovecraft~"The Cats of Ulthar"

*Sweet Merciful Crap*
    For Flar7

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Lewis Carroll

My first published story...Look! My Other Home infp, geek, wannabe writer, Priemptive Salvage Engineer, and all around strange person

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast