86 15.66%
  • Vegetarian but sometimes eat fish

54 9.84%
  • only white meat

70 12.75%
  • Give it to us raw and wriggling- Gollum

302 55.01%
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian or Carnivorous (poll)

Lovin' the steak here!! If it was alive at one time I'll eat it

I am a raw food vegan (though to be honest at this point I'm only at about 95% raw but getting closer every day.. )

I'll eat anything that wasn't someone's pet.

I used to want to be a vegetarian, because I felt bad for eating dead animals, but then I realized two very important things. One, I am an animal, and as such, I am a part of nature, and an ecosystem. Animals have to kill to survive. Humans have always depended on meat AND vegetables. Two, all life is sacred. Plants are just as sacred as animals. I have to kill to survive.

Also, meat is just too yummy to give up! :P I love veggies, too. Aw, heck, I just love food!

~Not all who wander are lost.~

~I won't bite unless you treat me like a dog.~

~Only when the last tree has been felled, the last river poisoned,
    and the last fish caught will man realize that he cannot eat money.~

Ovo-lacto vegetarian (for around four years), though the ovo and lacto part is in moderation. I have plans of becoming a vegan once I move out. It's all for ethical and health reasons, though more for ethical reasons.

Health-wise...I've never felt better since quitting meat, more energetic and...well...all around better! And it's not difficult at all. So many people seem to think it would be difficult, but...eh, I eat what I've always eaten, except without meat. *shrug* And there are meat replacements for people who like meat. I feast on those...and they're great! Well, depending on brand. :P I recommend Morning Star. And for soy milk...Silk brand, hands down. Other types are nasty (especially Soy Dream! *gags*), but Silk is addicting and delicious. Especially the chocolate milk... *drool*
    Last edited by WolfWonderess; June 12th, 2004 at 06:28 AM.

I used to only eat white meat, but I have anemia and am really sensitive to the sun, so last summer I had no choice but to start eating meat again. I try to eat as little meat as possible, though.

** raises hand** .. didnt see a selection for meat lovers... very much a carnivore

Omnivore

You missed one classification. I eat both vegetables and meat. Not surprisingly this is called a balanced diet. I do the bible diet, in which God gave us all green vegetables and meat for food.

Hold on, I'm not a flaming Xtian, but the diet makes sense to me

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Ariadna
    I used to only eat white meat, but I have anemia and am really sensitive to the sun, so last summer I had no choice but to start eating meat again. I try to eat as little meat as possible, though.
    that pretty much describes me except i have dif. health reasons so im trying to work out something so i can be lacto-ovo again

let them say what they will,
    'cause they will anyhow....
    lay back,
    and light up,
    without any guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwiccan92
    that pretty much describes me except i have dif. health reasons so im trying to work out something so i can be lacto-ovo again
    I gotta say, I wouldn't want to be vegetarian again. I have bad food habits so I really need the meat, besides it's just yummy. And in my culture... "What d'ya mean you don't eat meat?! Why not?? Are you stupid?! How can you survive?!?! OMG you're gonna be sick, are you okay sweetie?!" LOL

Hahaha which reminds me of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"...

"What do you mean he don't eat no meat?!?! ---the entire family stops moving and stares at the vegetarian guy--- That's okay, I'll make lamb!" :D

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast