Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rape Support Group **Possible MATURE Content**

is offline Wondering where I left the TARDIS....

Rape Support Group **Possible MATURE Content**

There have been a few threads about rape. I know that a number of us have been.

So, here's our own little venting board... let it out... and know that you are loved.
    Last edited by Romani Vixen; April 22nd, 2004 at 06:10 PM.
    Sat Bast, meryt Serqet-Aset her Yenipu-Wepwawet her HetHert-Sekhmet
    "While I dance I cannot judge,
    I cannot hate,
    I cannot seperate myself from life.
    I can only be joyful and whole.
    That is why I dance."
    --Hans Bos

is offline My road to success is under construction
    Hmmmm, I don't know that I'm ready to let it all out here....but just wanted to say that should anyone need to talk, I am always available!!! Just know that you are not alone, and that people care.

Good idea, BTW. :D
    Personal Blog comments always welcome
    Misc Pics

Missing my widdle Soweluitachakitabonitamommika

Quote Originally Posted by Tzhebee
    Hmmmm, I don't know that I'm ready to let it all out here....but just wanted to say that should anyone need to talk, I am always available!!! Just know that you are not alone, and that people care.

Good idea, BTW. :D
    Ditto. With the exception that I've made peace with my situation. I'm here if anyone wants to talk over PM. I'm just not comfortable talking about it in a public sense though.
    "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself, subjectively. There is no such thing as death; life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!"
    - Bill Hicks, 1961 - 1993

Same here... I've gotten to a place where I can deal with what happened. But like the others I'm more than willing to help anyone who wants to talk.
    "The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

I, too, want to make myself available for anyone who wants to PM. Perhaps this subject is not great for this message board, but we are all human and this really does happen more than anyone would like to admit. Please feel free to contact me.
    what if everything around you
    isn't quite as it seems?
    what if all the world you think you know
    is an elaborate dream?
    and if you look at your reflection
    is that what you want it to be?
    what if you could look right through the cracks
    would you find yourself--
    find yourself afraid to see?

what if all the world's inside of your head
    just creations of your own?
    your devils and your gods all the living and the dead
    and you're really all alone
    you can live in this illusion
    you can choose to believe
    you keep looking but you can't find the woods
    while you're hiding in the trees

~ Nine Inch Nails : Right Where It Belongs

Quote Originally Posted by Kadynas
    Same here... I've gotten to a place where I can deal with what happened. But like the others I'm more than willing to help anyone who wants to talk.
    I'm there too. Getting together with my current boyfriend made all the difference in the world for me, because he was sexually abused when he was 12; I think we helped each other through a lot. Still, it's one thing talking with him, another thing here.

But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the opportunity. Or the friendship. to you all.

Thanks to Faeawyn, WynnJera, Earthy and Mothwench for the beautiful banners and VB for my avatar!
    MerryMoot: My Gallery of Magick Realist Paintings
    Disciple of Jodarius, and Keeper of the Original Rod of Thwacking (a rather beat-up looking stick with a leather handle, but it's mine!!!)

You know.. I'm there for everyone having been through the same thing with my oldest brother when I was 10. I was thinking aobut this today after talking with my other brother. One thing I hate is that sometimes my family just doesn't understand why I don't feel ok beign around him.. even though it happened like 15 years ago. I don't hate him. I know that he was repeating a cycle that had been done to him, not that it excuses it but I understand the insanity if that makes sense. But even with al lthat it doesn't mean I feel the need to be friends with him and talk to him. I do not want him in my life. Why is that so hard for my family to understand??

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

I don't know why they wouldn't understand. From what I understand, if it's a family member, there's usually him vs. her and not wanting to accept that it happened.

It was 13 years ago for me. I've come to terms myself. I can even talk about it. I've only gone into detail twice. Once to the police and once in a paper in my 12th grade writing class.
    I cannot hate,
    That is why I dance."
    --Hans Bos

Well.. part of it is that my parents are missionaries. We are all 3 adopted and my family, as is most missioanry families has a strange concept of don't tell anyone anything. Everything has to be ok.. and normally your family is all you have... so my independence and insistance and doing what makes me feel safe and happy is a strange concept for my family..

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

Some families burry things... how old was your brother when they adopted him. If he was young, they may not want to think about the fact that it may have been something that they did.... or they don't want to feel guilty about not doing something else,, or putting you in danger. so they don't deal with it. This is a fast way to ulsers.

You can't make them understand you. They have to want it.

I'm currious... if you're willing to share... what's your relationship with him like now... you said that you still talk to him..... I havn't seen the jerk sence it happened... I honestly don't know what I would do.
    I cannot hate,
    That is why I dance."
    --Hans Bos

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast