Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rape Support Group **Possible MATURE Content**

Quote Originally Posted by Romani Vixen
    Some families burry things... how old was your brother when they adopted him. If he was young, they may not want to think about the fact that it may have been something that they did.... or they don't want to feel guilty about not doing something else,, or putting you in danger. so they don't deal with it. This is a fast way to ulsers.

You can't make them understand you. They have to want it.

I'm currious... if you're willing to share... what's your relationship with him like now... you said that you still talk to him..... I havn't seen the jerk sence it happened... I honestly don't know what I would do.
    Well.. it happened when i was 10 and he was 16.. till i left home at 18 i had to deal with him and it was very traumatizing. Now, at 24 almost 25.... i have come to a place in my life where most of the anger and hatred have gone and I can see him and be polite, but I won't place myself in situations where I have to deal with him on a deeper level than that. My other brother is mostly understanding, sometimes i think he feels like he needs to fix the situation. he's always been very protective of me.. my parents are just from a different generation. so most of the time i understand that they do not think in the same way i do... but it can be frustrating..

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

is offline Wondering where I left the TARDIS....
    wow... you're one strong woman...
    Sat Bast, meryt Serqet-Aset her Yenipu-Wepwawet her HetHert-Sekhmet
    "While I dance I cannot judge,
    I cannot hate,
    I cannot seperate myself from life.
    I can only be joyful and whole.
    That is why I dance."
    --Hans Bos

wow... you're one strong woman...

I haven't always been.. I like to think it's the dragon in me.. but i came to the conclusion that everything in life happens for a reason, w hat happened to me made me who i am.. and I would not change that for the world... but it was a hard realization..

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

is offline Wondering where I left the TARDIS....
    I'm with ya... it's a hard conclution to come to. But it was easier for me. I have Megan because of it (well.... my mom does). And I have been able to talk multiple young teens out of having children!! I wouldn't ask for it again... but it has given me insight and strength that I would never have had.
    Sat Bast, meryt Serqet-Aset her Yenipu-Wepwawet her HetHert-Sekhmet
    "While I dance I cannot judge,
    I cannot hate,
    I cannot seperate myself from life.
    I can only be joyful and whole.
    That is why I dance."
    --Hans Bos

I'm with ya... it's a hard conclution to come to. But it was easier for me. I have Megan because of it (well.... my mom does). And I have been able to talk multiple young teens out of having children!! I wouldn't ask for it again... but it has given me insight and strength that I would never have had.
    Definitely..

Hey everyone , if anyone wants to talk anytime , let me know
    Im a little nervous in saying so , but I was raped when I was four years old , and I dealt with alot of molestation and sexual harrassment throughout my childhood , I know what its like and I just thought Id let you know

to all. I don't really feel like talking about the past... But, its good to know that there is a place to come if I need to.

And... I'm here for support of those who need a shoulder to lean on.

Kalika
    Ancora Imparo

Quote Originally Posted by nomadicdragon
    Well.. it happened when i was 10 and he was 16.. till i left home at 18 i had to deal with him and it was very traumatizing. Now, at 24 almost 25.... i have come to a place in my life where most of the anger and hatred have gone and I can see him and be polite, but I won't place myself in situations where I have to deal with him on a deeper level than that. My other brother is mostly understanding, sometimes i think he feels like he needs to fix the situation. he's always been very protective of me.. my parents are just from a different generation. so most of the time i understand that they do not think in the same way i do... but it can be frustrating..
    Ancora Imparo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalika

back..

I just want everyone to know that I really admire those who have come forward (and the many more who have not). I know I said this in another thread, but I'm constantly amazed by the courage and bravery of everyone who has told their story.

Keep strong, survivors, because you're not alone.
    what if everything around you
    isn't quite as it seems?
    what if all the world you think you know
    is an elaborate dream?
    and if you look at your reflection
    is that what you want it to be?
    what if you could look right through the cracks
    would you find yourself--
    find yourself afraid to see?

what if all the world's inside of your head
    just creations of your own?
    your devils and your gods all the living and the dead