Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 496

Thread: Rape Support Group **Possible MATURE Content**

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,708
    It happened to me a long time ago when I was in the Army. I was coming home from the O Club and two guys grabbed me and dragged me behind some bushes. It was really late, no one was around and so they had at me. I was rapped from behind if you get my drift. Well it has been over 30 years now and I still at times flash back to it. It has influenced how I deal with men, my sex life and other aspects of my life. Sadly we may get counseling and forget about it or try to. I tried to repress it but still........I feel for anyone who has ever had to go through this and wantthem to know it is not their fault they were raped. It was an act of viloence against them by a sad and angry and horrid person. Anyway thanks for the thread and for letting me tell my tale.

    BB
    DS.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Airdrie, AB, Canada
    Age
    56
    Posts
    12,750
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadicdragon
    My escape reflex is pretending everything is all right. I'm very good at it.. good enough that even my psychologist when i was younger could not tell when i was depressed and suicidal because i masked it so well.. ahh the joys of being a missionary kid, you learn how to play happy very early.
    Ack, similar to the joys of being manic-depressive. Everybody thinks there's a chemical reason to ALL your reactions. Not.

    My episodes happened in high school. I didn't get a boyfriend until I was in grade twelve because of the unending problems with my parents (I've discussed that elsewhere).. and then my parents just adored this kid--to the point where, every Friday, they would shove me out the door for our "date". They had to shove me, because every Friday I was getting raped. I finally managed to cut off the "relationship"--and then my parents started inviting him over! They claimed I was mentally disturbed and didn't know a good thing when I saw it. Gods.

    Ironically--and I'm not kidding, this creep's last name was "Willing".

    Thanks to Faeawyn, WynnJera, Earthy and Mothwench for the beautiful banners and VB for my avatar!
    MerryMoot: My Gallery of Magick Realist Paintings
    Disciple of Jodarius, and Keeper of the Original Rod of Thwacking (a rather beat-up looking stick with a leather handle, but it's mine!!!)

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsinger
    I feel for anyone who has ever had to go through this and wantthem to know it is not their fault they were raped. It was an act of viloence against them by a sad and angry and horrid person.
    But see that's the problem i have now. It's why i don't want to go to court. I feel partly responsible for what happened to me. I was to young with the first two to know how to stop it or fight back etc. But the third time... I was bigger than the guy. Everyone asked me why i didn't fight back. I just couldn't. It felt like it was happening to someone else and i was just sitting there watching. Yes, i said "no" as well as a few other choice words but i didn't do anything to stop it. I feel like it was my fault because i did nothing!!! This guy didn't just break into my house, i let him in! Being a trusting sort of person, i beleived him when he asked to use my phone. I thought nothing of it at the time. If i hadn't of let him in, then this wouldn't have happened.

    And Nighthawk, you are most welcome in this thread. Please don't think you are intruding
    Who is Pan and why is he in my life?

    On a Quest for Knowledge!


  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,985
    SW, you are not responsible for what happened to you in anyway.. it does not matter the size of the victim or the perp. Intimidation comes in many forms and there is no excuse for what was done... ((hugs))
    *************************************

    "You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

    Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

    God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The land of Microsoft and Mocha
    Posts
    4,031

    Spirit Wind, you might want to contact RAINN...

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit wind
    But see that's the problem i have now. It's why i don't want to go to court. I feel partly responsible for what happened to me. I was to young with the first two to know how to stop it or fight back etc. But the third time... I was bigger than the guy. Everyone asked me why i didn't fight back. I just couldn't. It felt like it was happening to someone else and i was just sitting there watching. Yes, i said "no" as well as a few other choice words but i didn't do anything to stop it. I feel like it was my fault because i did nothing!!! This guy didn't just break into my house, i let him in! Being a trusting sort of person, i beleived him when he asked to use my phone. I thought nothing of it at the time. If i hadn't of let him in, then this wouldn't have happened.

    And Nighthawk, you are most welcome in this thread. Please don't think you are intruding
    In the first place, if you say "No" that means NO! That means, I don't want to have sex with you. That means, Don't cross the line. No means no, regardless of whether you let him in your house or not.

    (BTW: the best thing to do is to ask the person if they want you to call the police to help them...and if a guy doesn't understand a woman saying "I'm sorry, I don't let strangers in my house" then you don't want him in your house--don't feel guilty about saying No if that happens again, okay?).

    If you hadn't let him in, he might have broken in. He might have raped somebody else. You are not responsible for his choice he made to hurt you.

    Hon, contact RAINN. You can talk with them, they have toll free numbers and experienced counselors who can help you sort through this: their website is http://www.rainn.org and they are a wonderful organization. Their number is: 1-800-656-HOPE (They are the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network).

    You did not invite him in and ask him to have sex with you, so you are not to blame. If you've been abused before, chances are you're going to freeze and be afraid to fight back--it's a common pattern and hard to break.

    Hugs,
    Yasmine
    Last edited by Yasmine Galenorn; April 23rd, 2004 at 01:15 PM. Reason: To add info.
    ******************************
    New York Times Best-selling Author
    Urban Fantasy At Its Best
    The OTHERWORLD SERIES & the upcoming
    INDIGO COURT SERIES
    BONE MAGIC: Available Now
    INKED ANTHOLOGY: Available Now
    NIGHT MYST: 6.29.2010
    HARVEST HUNTING: 10.26.2010
    BLOOD WYNE: 2.2011
    Galenorn En/Visions
    Yasmine on Myspace
    Yasmine's Twitter

    --Contact me via my site or MySpace if you need me.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit wind
    But see that's the problem i have now. It's why i don't want to go to court. I feel partly responsible for what happened to me. I was to young with the first two to know how to stop it or fight back etc. But the third time... I was bigger than the guy. Everyone asked me why i didn't fight back. I just couldn't. It felt like it was happening to someone else and i was just sitting there watching. Yes, i said "no" as well as a few other choice words but i didn't do anything to stop it. I feel like it was my fault because i did nothing!!! This guy didn't just break into my house, i let him in! Being a trusting sort of person, i beleived him when he asked to use my phone. I thought nothing of it at the time. If i hadn't of let him in, then this wouldn't have happened.

    And Nighthawk, you are most welcome in this thread. Please don't think you are intruding
    Darling you did nothing wrong. People mistakenly think if you did not fight them off it is your fault. What they fail to see is that sometimes our lives are at stake and sadly you may not be able to fight it off in the preservation of your life. Do not let anyone ever tell you it was your fault for not fighting or for letting someone in to the house. No sweetheart you were a victim and were abused by someone. People need to see rape for what it is and that is a crime of violence againt someone. Men included as men have been raped as well. If hindsight were forethought is the old saying but it is incorrect because we really cannot always see what is coming. Dearone I have my arms around you and tell you that I care and see you as a good person who someone hurt badly. NEVER feel it was your fault.......it was not.

    BB
    DS.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    I'm home!
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Galenorn
    I refuse to stay in 'victim mentality' because that gives power to the abusers, and if someone tried to come at me today, I'd beat the c**p out of them rather than knuckle under. I will not allow someone to ever treat me like dirt again.

    Yasmine
    yup

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    I'm home!
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextra
    Indeed. Unfortunately, my attacker was never convicted because at the time, I was too much in shock to press charges. I just left town and didn't go back there until after he was dead. In hindsight, I should have, because I would have felt a greater sense of justice knowing he had died in prison. Since it was only about 4 years after the incident when he died, I felt like karma was working in my favor.

    And no, they don't. The entire justice system is flawed. Violent criminals get released everyday, while those that commit non-violent crimes take up that space for years longer. I could go on about that for days, but I won't.
    exactly. I admire women who had/have the courage to speak up right away and get these f*ckers arrested. It took me 10 years to say something to my mom and still I don't have the strength to press charges.
    I know it's cowardice. I know I should do my duty and get this a-hole off the streets, but I'm being selfish now and honestly, it's my turn. I won't delude myself and think that I'll be the only one he hurts. I just pray to the Goddess that I am.

    Iíve managed to move forward for all these years and Iíll continue to do so. I have family who loves and supports me and Iíve managed to heal enough so that I could love and trust a man. Iím doing good in my estimation.
    Last edited by MoonDust; April 23rd, 2004 at 03:05 PM.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I don't know......
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,938
    Rape is never an easy thing to discuss, I myself was 11 years old and in the house of a friend when it happend to me. I still have a hard time talking about it. I don't talk to professionals, I don't trust them, I had 3 different people tell me it was my fault. That tends to piss me off.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    655

    Angry

    I've been raped twice both by men I loved who just did'nt want to give me time to get wet I ask them to wait and eventually screamed stop.I don't know how to deal with it.My pshcologist says to see a hyptotist because noone can deal with what I've been through.(this and many other things)I'm afraid to have parts of my brain blanked out.I went to a hyptotist and had my mind trained to relax when I touch to fingers togeather but I still have sever stress problems

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •